PDA

View Full Version : Invisible customer

stratman
11-Dec-06, 19:55
Well tescos has arrived. I have been there a few times now. I think I must become invisible when I walk throught the door as several times I have fond I have had to wait until saff members have finised aranging their shelves before I can get near them. I am only a customer after all.

Through
11-Dec-06, 19:57
Try walking out with a telly then and we'll see if you really are invisible.

connieb19
11-Dec-06, 20:13
Well tescos has arrived. I have been there a few times now. I think I must become invisible when I walk throught the door as several times I have fond I have had to wait until saff members have finised aranging their shelves before I can get near them. I am only a customer after all.
There's some right nit wits in there just now, give them a change to sort the staff out and it should be okay, lets hope anyway. :eek:

Coolio
11-Dec-06, 22:39
Did you ask for help from any of the staff and did they ignore you?

Fran
12-Dec-06, 02:30
I find the Tesco staff very helpful and have never had to wait at a till...and they pack your shopping. I wanted something from the electrical dept but it was sold out. they took my name and mnumber and said they would call when the item is back in stock. Very good service.

Metalattakk
12-Dec-06, 02:41
They packed the wife's shopping too, and not very intelligently...

When she got home, the bottom of the bag was like the inside of my head - all full of broken biscuits.

:(

Wizzbang
12-Dec-06, 09:32
I thought I was the only invisible shopper.
It happens to me everywhere. People standing behind me get served before I do :(

gothlife420
12-Dec-06, 10:42
Its obvious it was going to happen. The LETS HAVE A MOAN AT TESCOS thread. For goodness sake if you are not happy with the service then you can always go to the Coop or Somerfield. Im sure the staff there will welcome you with open arms. If the shelf fillers werent there youd be moaning about the shelves being empty. As for being helpful, Ive never had a problem if anything they could learn the other supermarkets a thing or two. Tescos have taken a lot of people who otherwise wouldnt of had jobs in the town, off the bru. If they are not up to it then Im quite sure Tescos will be first to notice. Give them and the management a chance. Some people are never happy.

burstbucker
12-Dec-06, 11:16
Well said Gothlife420, some people will moan about anything.

nightowl
12-Dec-06, 11:33
I'm with you Gothlife420. Tesco has been open for less than three weeks - give them a chance. There's a lot to learn and a complete lifestyle turnaround for some people won't take place overnight. Keep smiling Tesco workers, you are all doing a grand job!

robby50x
12-Dec-06, 11:46
yep some people will moan for the sake of moanin id hate to be a partner of one of them, what a life thay should grow up and stop throwin the toys oot the pram for the least little thing tescos are doin great if the moaners are not happy their beloved somerfieds awaits them for a little time anyway

Metalattakk
12-Dec-06, 12:47
What makes people who moan at the moaners any better than the people who moan in the first place?

the nomad
12-Dec-06, 13:21
Needs time to bed down and get rid of the no hopers, and lets be honest it has a few. Prime example is seeing yourself on Crimewatch on Tesco CCTV trying to pinch a telly, as I said 'you can't educate pork'. Once it settles you'll see how good Tesco are and how excellent the good hard working staff can be.

squidge
12-Dec-06, 13:34
Try saying "excuse me could you help me please"

I find that usually works a treat

obiron
12-Dec-06, 17:39
Try saying "excuse me could you help me please"

I find that usually works a treat

it does that squidge but it might be even more helpful if some folk knew where things were like the toilets for example.

johno
12-Dec-06, 18:14
Hi , Ive only been to Tesco,s a couple of times myself [hate shopping] but i have found the staff willing & helpful. Maybe im just lucky. Still i cannot fault them . Hope they keep up the good work.
:lol:

sharon
12-Dec-06, 20:14
i found all staff helpful and friendly and even the trolley attendant who came and helped us put all our shopping in the car and took away the trolley and i didnt have any litlle children with me, just my hubby!! :lol:

weeboyagee
12-Dec-06, 20:19
I am a big customer of Tesco in Inverness with all the travelling up and down the road - I haven't been to the one in Wick yet - and I only live a few miles from it - even in the past three weeks I think I have been in Tescos in Inverness every weekend since - shame on me eh.......? :roll:

Am I in for a nice surprise then?

WBG :cool:

johno
13-Dec-06, 00:02
I am a big customer of Tesco in Inverness with all the travelling up and down the road - I haven't been to the one in Wick yet - and I only live a few miles from it - even in the past three weeks I think I have been in Tescos in Inverness every weekend since - shame on me eh.......? :roll:

WBG :cool: Yes, I think that you are. The staff in Tesco Wick appear to be much more helpful than Inverness . Maybe its becouse they are all new & trying to im press, anyway let s hope that they keep it up.

johno
13-Dec-06, 00:07

WBG :cool: Yes i think that you are, the staff at Tesco Wick seem to be more helpful than Inverness. they also appear to be more available easier to find. Hope they keep it that way.

Orger
13-Dec-06, 00:11
Try walking out with a telly then and we'll see if you really are invisible.

no dought a sandwich would work too, everything has them security tags..