PDA

View Full Version : Pay Pal

Angel
05-Oct-12, 20:45
Does anyone really understand how a paypal account works?
I don't mean just paying for this or that.
The Situation is:- I was sent a large sum of money and I want to reurn it. The money has arrived, and is just sitting in an account where I can not actually get hold of it to return (or spend if I wished)
Contact Paypal I hear you scream... well, tried that, I just keep getting, have you tried this or that etc. yes/no option boxes clicked as appropriate. So e-mail them, you scream further, I have tried that but the e-mails go strait to the U.S. instead of the euro version, where the account is held.
There auto reponse was one of those 'how did we do survey's' which I filled in with low numbers and statements saying problem nort fixed. The auto responce just kept going round and round suggesting I try all the things I tried as mentioned earlier in this post.

What I want is a person not an autobot who anticipates your question, a real person, the human type, ideally based in U.K. who can talk a real language to a dumb woman such as myself...

Any ideas fellow orgers!

A frustrated Angel...

tonkatojo
05-Oct-12, 21:11
Does anyone really understand how a paypal account works?
I don't mean just paying for this or that.
The Situation is:- I was sent a large sum of money and I want to reurn it. The money has arrived, and is just sitting in an account where I can not actually get hold of it to return (or spend if I wished)
Contact Paypal I hear you scream... well, tried that, I just keep getting, have you tried this or that etc. yes/no option boxes clicked as appropriate. So e-mail them, you scream further, I have tried that but the e-mails go strait to the U.S. instead of the euro version, where the account is held.
There auto reponse was one of those 'how did we do survey's' which I filled in with low numbers and statements saying problem nort fixed. The auto responce just kept going round and round suggesting I try all the things I tried as mentioned earlier in this post.

What I want is a person not an autobot who anticipates your question, a real person, the human type, ideally based in U.K. who can talk a real language to a dumb woman such as myself...

Any ideas fellow orgers!

A frustrated Angel...

Go to your paypal account and sign in Look at the bottom of page and it says contact us and you choose telephone option, then you get a coced number/details along with a telephone number ring it and enter the coded details and talk to them. It worked for me but not like your situation.

Angel
05-Oct-12, 22:29
Thank you Tonkatojo... will endeavour again...

Angel...

cazmanian_minx
06-Oct-12, 20:43
You want to send the money back to the person who sent it to you? There should be a refund option. Log into your account and click on the Details link next to the transaction. Scroll down and about two thirds of the way down, in the section which says Total amount, Fee amount, Net amount, there should be a link that says Issue a refund. Click on this and put the whole amount in as the refund amount.

This definitely works for things like eBay payments, I'm not sure if it'll work for personal payments though. If there's no refund link, then just click the Send Money tab and send the same amount back to the email address it arrived from (make sure to tick the personal payment option, then no fees will be charged).

Shaggy
06-Oct-12, 23:09
if its a simple mistake or you want to return the cash for no other reason than simply returning it then just use the refund tag. Otherwise i'd be wary if the person who sent the cash is asking for it back and you just sent it without using the refund option because it won't show as a refund. Thus if they make a chargeback you will lose out and will have to fight to prove that the cash you sent was indeed the refund. Contacting paypal at the best of times is a nightmare and with them now randomly holding funds for "security reviews" for 24 hours or more is what led me to stop using them. There's plenty other internet money handlers who don't mess you around but if its only for Ebay then you are stuck with paypal

Angel
07-Oct-12, 22:38
Have sorted it out... thank-you tonkatojo (http://forum.caithness.org/member.php?7608-tonkatojo) ... And thank-you to all other suggestions...

A wiser more informed Angel...