PDA

View Full Version : Need to exchange LPG Bottle

tmansteve
11-Dec-06, 12:33
Hi All

I have a Superser and I am trying to get an exchange for my empty bottle. The old gas is in a MacGas 7kg bottle and would like to know if anyone knows where I can exchange this as I have been to most places and they only have Calor. Anywhere I can exchange this for Calor???

Steve

Piglet
11-Dec-06, 13:39
Yes you can go to Thurso Building Supplies by the railway station in Thurso.

They will exchange it for a Calor.

changilass
11-Dec-06, 14:19
Thanks for that Piglet, gonna come across the same problem ourselves soon

Sue

Naefearjustbeer
11-Dec-06, 16:08
Are you sure they will do a free exchange of a mac gas for a calor bottle. I think you may have to pay a deposit for the calor bottle if you dont have a calor one to give back.

Piglet
11-Dec-06, 17:41
No it is a free exchange believe me i did it last week Because there is no longer a macgas supplier up here you have to fill in a form which is just your name & address & signature so that you do not get charged the £25 fee.

Dreamweaver
12-Dec-06, 20:51
Yes all the above is true. I swapped my macgas for a calor but the heater connection doesn't fit the calor bottle!! Any ideas??

jamieS
12-Dec-06, 21:02
Yes all the above is true. I swapped my macgas for a calor but the heater connection doesn't fit the calor bottle!! Any ideas??

Are you sure you got the correct type of gas, most portable heaters run on butane, maybe you got a bottle of propane instead, these have different fittings as far as i can remember.

Naefearjustbeer
12-Dec-06, 21:37
Different sizes of bottle use different regulators. I bought a regulator for my butane bottle from the place next to the railway station in thurso. I think it was about £5-£6

Oddquine
12-Dec-06, 21:45
My almost ex used to work in a company which sold Macgas...we had to get another connector when changing from Calor, although they were both the same size of bottles.......but that was a long time ago, and it might have changed!

JimH
14-Dec-06, 00:58
We use bottled gas to cook and had Macgas, I was able to get Calor replacements from Allens at Gillock. They took my name and address.
I was not charged for the cylinder - But I have to dispose of the Macgas one. (this will go to Janetstown)
The 19 k propane bottles are the same fitting as Calor gas ones.
Hope this helps.