PDA

View Full Version : Log man.

halkirk1
04-Oct-12, 20:31
Does anyone have the name / number of the man that used to deliver logs for burning?

He used to deliver sacks of logs in his van and would also give you home made tablet that his wife had made, I can't for the life of me find his number.

Many thanks

Jane

peedie man
04-Oct-12, 20:41
jock sutherland from clyth better known as canadian jock and he makes the tablet the best in the country

halkirk1
04-Oct-12, 21:54
Thanks very much.

pat
05-Oct-12, 21:40
your pm box is full - tried to send you Jock's number

can pm you Jocks phone number and yes HE makes the best fudge/tablet around.

halkirk1
06-Oct-12, 16:06
Managed to get his number, thanks pat.

dawncw
10-Oct-12, 23:22
Hi, could you Pm me his info please, getting a new stove fitted this week and needing some logs delivered. Thanks.

LMS
11-Oct-12, 08:12
Try Paul Barrett from Lyth

Mobile 07742 102164

Allthatglitters
30-Oct-12, 15:09
Hi, could someone let me have Canadian Jock's phone number/contact details. Have a woodburner and running out of logs!

Tugmistress
01-Nov-12, 23:44
Same subject but slightly different question - i bought some logs from the garage on the bridge in thurso and their length is absolutely perfect, so i asked where he got them from and he said the coal merchant.... now i know it's not hunters, so who else is there? the perfect length of log is only 6 inch as we have a pot belly stove and can put longer ones in from the top but it's actually better loading from the front.
Any help gratefully received :)

Alrock
02-Nov-12, 01:02
....the perfect length of log is only 6 inch....

Have You tried asking Dunnet Forestry Trust (other log sellers available) if they'd do you a batch at 6"?

Kevin Milkins
02-Nov-12, 08:18
Same subject but slightly different question - i bought some logs from the garage on the bridge in thurso and their length is absolutely perfect, so i asked where he got them from and he said the coal merchant.... now i know it's not hunters, so who else is there? the perfect length of log is only 6 inch as we have a pot belly stove and can put longer ones in from the top but it's actually better loading from the front.

Eco Heat at Quintfall forrest, Lyth do them.

coalman1
03-Nov-12, 06:58

Hi tugmistress it is Bruce Lindsay coal merchants in wick that supply the logs to bridgend.

white lightning
03-Nov-12, 12:45
Hi tugmistress if you ask Hunters they will cut your logs to any size you want.

Tugmistress
03-Nov-12, 18:44
Thank you all for the replies, i have tried hunters and gave them specifics but first they were not delivered when they said, it was 3 days later and also they had not got close to the specified length :(
I have some from Dunnet forest :) again the same issue but the price of these ones makes up for the blisters chopping them to size ;)
Have also tried Quinfall and again was not given what was asked and paid for

I will give Bruce Lindsay a call and try him, i don't mind paying more if i don't get blisters lol