PDA

View Full Version : Wick and Tesco's

the nomad
11-Dec-06, 10:43
As an ex pat no living away from Caithness, it is always a pleasure to met someone from home and catch up on the news.

So here is what I heard at the weekend.

Tesco's opened and within the first hour the shoplifters had started and these were staff trying to smuggle TV's out the backdoor.

I know for a fact that security in Tesco stores is tight and if this is true it just shows you you can't educate pork, did they not notice the CCTV cameras or think that someone might notice a missing TV.

Shoplifting in the store is apparently rife.

One lady also left a bag of shopping accidently at till and came back within minutes having realised her error....gone!!!

Why is it the minority always let us down.

Respect to Wick residents who work hard and are honest in their ways.

WeeBurd
11-Dec-06, 11:17
As an ex pat no living away from Caithness, it is always a pleasure to met someone from home and catch up on the news.

So here is what I heard at the weekend.

Tesco's opened and within the first hour the shoplifters had started and these were staff trying to smuggle TV's out the backdoor.

I know for a fact that security in Tesco stores is tight and if this is true it just shows you you can't educate pork, did they not notice the CCTV cameras or think that someone might notice a missing TV.

Shoplifting in the store is apparently rife.

One lady also left a bag of shopping accidently at till and came back within minutes having realised her error....gone!!!

Why is it the minority always let us down.

Respect to Wick residents who work hard and are honest in their ways.

I can confirm the security in Tesco's is working just grand, as the alarms went off when I walked out with a trolley full of shopping the other week :eek: ! After much embarrassment and fumbling, it was discovered the security tag had not been removed from an item of clothing at the checkout. Wouldn't have been so bad, but it wasn't even my trolley, I was helping out a family member! [lol]

Naefearjustbeer
11-Dec-06, 12:31
I too heard that a stream of tvs were making there way out of the shop before it had even opened. Theiving so and so's need a good kick up the backside. Tesco prices are good but I wonder how much of the price of our shopping covers the cost of theft. It is a bloomin disgrace. It only takes a few wrong uns to get a town a bad name. Wick has had a lot of new shops opened recently and I think this can only be a good thing for the town. I hope that these toerags get the nick.

garycs
11-Dec-06, 14:31
Can't speak for Tesco specifically, but the IT work I do is involved with retail stock control and investigating "shrinkage" on behalf of several high street names. I'd take a stab at 5-6% of all stock entering the retail chain leaves it by a non-auditable route i.e. it not sold, written-off or otherwise disposed of. Food is affected least and clothing/consumer electronics the most; locality is also a big factor. This 5-6% loss would translate to prices being 10-15% higher than necessary to maintain the retailers profitability.