PDA

View Full Version : Struie Hill

scotsboy
10-Dec-06, 19:25
Well I've just come over Sturie Hill and I'm a hundred miles from home!

Just listening to some music Gleber2 sent me out - pure magic!! Reminds me of times I couldnt remember the next morning:)

Gleber2
11-Dec-06, 15:52
Played it yesterday in the Newmarket. Just like old times.Got a new one for you if you want it.

scotsboy
11-Dec-06, 17:00
You have PM

lagertops
11-Dec-06, 22:49
I would'nt mind a copy of Struie hill myself! Was in the Newmarket yesterday and once again first class,your fingers must be sore the day lads.Any Chance of sending me Struie hill/Scotlands fighting men and the Salmon song ?Better still, why dont you up load it, so everyone could here it.Once again top gig..

frank ward
13-Dec-06, 16:29
There's an 'electric hill' on the Struie road, where your car rolls uphill. Have you tried it?

Caused by a homing beacon left by some alien spaceship.

scotsboy
13-Dec-06, 16:42
You mean an electric brae Frank;) By the way that is a great book.

johno
13-Dec-06, 16:46
There's an 'electric hill' on the Struie road, where your car rolls uphill. Have you tried it?

Caused by a homing beacon left by some alien spaceship.
yea . like gravity is a myth, the earth sucks [lol] :lol:

canuck
13-Dec-06, 16:56
I can sense that energetic pull from Struie Hill way over here. You get past Inverness and the world changes.

Scotsboy, I love the whole trilogy of songs that go along with Struie Hill.

Sporran
13-Dec-06, 17:08
Scotsboy, I love the whole trilogy of songs that go along with Struie Hill.

Me too! "Road Back Home", "Struie Hill" and "Old Man of Hoy". All wonderful songs, thanks to our very own Gleber2! :cool:

Gleber2
13-Dec-06, 17:32
It's touching to see how many people like, indeed love, what can be termed my "old" music. So many people have asked me for recordings of these songs and request them everytime I play in public. Most of them have never been released but this new interest has made me decide to bring them all up to date and rerecord a CD of these old favourites in the new year. My CD "Blues D'Ecosse" is now finished and will be on sale in Wick and Thurso this weekend I hope. Watch this space.

bosco
14-Dec-06, 18:40
gleber could you tell me how much it would cost for you to send a copy down to fife for me ,i would gladly love a copy thanks:cool:

Sporran
16-Dec-06, 02:38
It's touching to see how many people like, indeed love, what can be termed my "old" music. So many people have asked me for recordings of these songs and request them everytime I play in public. Most of them have never been released but this new interest has made me decide to bring them all up to date and rerecord a CD of these old favourites in the new year. My CD "Blues D'Ecosse" is now finished and will be on sale in Wick and Thurso this weekend I hope. Watch this space.

Good to hear that you will be rerecording your old songs, Gleber2, and that you have a new CD out. Cette dame Écossaise aime les bleus! :D

canuck
16-Dec-06, 03:09
Now that we have mastered this complicated online voting system, I think that we should have a poll of what is included on the new CD.

Gleber2
16-Dec-06, 05:35
Good to hear that you will be rerecording your old songs, Gleber2, and that you have a new CD out. Cette dame Écossaise aime les bleus! :D

Now that we have mastered this complicated online voting system, I think that we should have a poll of what is included on the new CD.
Ici, il y a un homme Ecossais qui aime les bleus aussi.
I'm for it, Canuck, if there are enough folk interested.

Elenna
16-Dec-06, 14:40
Congrats on the new CD, Gleber2...I shall keep an eye out for it! And if your "old" ;) music is as enjoyable as everyone is indicating (and I have no doubt it is), then I shall look forward to a future CD, too!

Oddquine
16-Dec-06, 19:43

Where...........I'm in Wick on Tuesday? I'm watching this space.

Gleber2
16-Dec-06, 19:58
Where...........I'm in Wick on Tuesday? I'm watching this space.

Hopefully in Thomas Mackay's paper shop and /or the paper shop beside Woolies. I won't know until Monday and I will post here when I am sure. It is available in Good Vibrations in Thurso.

percy toboggan
16-Dec-06, 20:06
We traversed 'Struie Hill last July on our way to Tongue.WE paused. We looked. I filmed it. If there is music I'd appreciate a pointer in the right direction please - (north of course.)

Oddquine
16-Dec-06, 20:51
I can remember clearly coming up to Caithness over the Struie in the fifties to visit the Caithness grandparents. From Forres to Alness by bus......and onwards by car or bus, depending on my uncle's shifts at the still. While the "new" road is much faster I must admit that it isn't the same.

I was almost thrilled last year when the Dornoch Bridge was closed due to high winds and we had to come via Bonar Bridge. So reminiscent of annual bus journeys to Caithness for holidays, and returns in the back of the Press and Journal van.

Gleber2
16-Dec-06, 21:37
We traversed 'Struie Hill last July on our way to Tongue.WE paused. We looked. I filmed it. If there is music I'd appreciate a pointer in the right direction please - (north of course.)

Percy, I have made up a compilation of archive material for Orgers who ask me for it, called A Caithness Connection. It contains the Struie Hill song.
PM me if you want a copy.

Boozeburglar
16-Dec-06, 22:03
Actually folks, when the main road is busy, going over the Struie is just as quick, and very nice for the variety. That is if you cut down past Aultnamain to Edderton. It is slightly shorter and generally empty.

Hope that doesn't mean I will meet a horde of you next time I am on a flyer.

Comebacks. First Take That, now Mr. Fatts. Who next, Close Action?

;)

Arikara
16-Dec-06, 22:19
[quote=Boozeburglar;173708]

Maybe it's Jesus! :Razz They did say there would be a second coming!!! Take That and J. Fatts Band are maybe "signs" for us that Jesus will be the next one making a big comeback!!!!!! :Razz

Gleber2
16-Dec-06, 22:22
[quote=Boozeburglar;173708]

Maybe it's Jesus! :Razz They did say there would be a second coming!!! Take That and J. Fatts Band are maybe "signs" for us that Jesus will be the next one making a big comeback!!!!!! :Razz

Heavenly Rap. I can't wait!!!!!

Arikara
16-Dec-06, 22:27
si
[quote=Arikara;173722]

Heavenly Rap. I can't wait!!!!!

You sitting watching me!!!!!!:Razz Forget I said it it seems hes already here! Im cracking up! :Razz

lin
17-Dec-06, 19:27
I remember as a child coming to Wick, we had to go over Struie Hill. I thought it was the best part of the journey. We all stopped at the view point, this was normaly early hours of the morning. The views were wonderfull. I always remember the cattle grids, we all knew they were coming except my poor mother, who screamed with fright as we went over them. Oh happy memories.:D

Bobbyian
17-Dec-06, 19:48
Percy, I have made up a compilation of archive material for Orgers who ask me for it, called A Caithness Connection. It contains the Struie Hill song.
PM me if you want a copy.

Keep oone copy back I`ll pick it up in the spring on my round trip If the comments are true which I have no reason to doubt then it must be blinder

Chobbersjnr
18-Dec-06, 02:00

;)

who next, Frank Sinatra

wonder if he ever came over struie hill