PDA

View Full Version : christmas decorations

gofor
10-Dec-06, 18:54
well thats it, i've put them up today maybe it will get me in the mood for christmas. now i have to start the wrapping of presents. at least the cards are written and posted

brandy
10-Dec-06, 19:01
not even started yet.. with decorations or cards..
will try to do the cards tonight.
got to spend a few hours at hospital again today! *groans* ive been having trouble eating and drinking.. so doing the dehydrated and keytones things.
back at hospital in teh morning!
sooooooo long story short! gonna be scrambling next week to get everything mailed up and decorated! *laughs*

gofor
10-Dec-06, 19:06
hope it'snot to serious i've got a viral infection just now on antibotics tonsils so swollen i can't eat just living on liquids

brandy
10-Dec-06, 19:08
nahh just because im preg. taking extra precautions.

gofor
10-Dec-06, 19:11
all the best for the happy occasion mine now 19 and 171/2

bobsgirl
10-Dec-06, 19:23
Finally got everything done, Window painted, Christmas tree was delivered and now decorated, presents all wrapped bar a few!
House is even tidy!!!
Feeling great and well in the mood for Christmas now!
Put on the Christmas tunes and you'll be in the mood in no time.

Emms
10-Dec-06, 19:35
My Christmas tree went up yesterday - courtesy of my 13 year old son. If it was down to me it would still be packed away in the loft.

Can't seem to get into the festive spirit, just don't feel Christmas is as special when children get older and stop believing in Santa. Which makes me wonder if all the routine and tradition I followed years ago (milk and cookies left out, carrot for reindeer, letters from Santa etc.) was really for the kids or for me?. I suspect it was more for my own benefit, a way of bringing back a bit of my own magical childhood memories. Lol.

Anyway, I think it would be cool if there was a 'rent a child shop' were you could go and hire a kid to come to your house and make the 25th more Christmassy. My other half is starting to look slightly worried (maybe thinks my maternal instinct is kicking in again) and is reminding me that a child is for life and not just for Christmas. Oh well, will just need to wait for the grandchildren to come along then!.

candyfloss
10-Dec-06, 19:41
We put our decorations up a few days ago,
and i'm really in the mood for a good christmassy film tonight, it i'll be a nice change from all the carry on on here just now :lol:

mums angels
10-Dec-06, 20:47
Putting decorations up next weekend...not looking forward to it this year due to hubby being away over xmas for first time:( and havn't decided on real tree or fake.

Also getting bobsgirl to come round and paint my windows because shes so good at it, and i'm too lazy to bother..LOL

written my cards last week but keep forgetting to get stamps for them, so i'll be lucky if they get posted before christmas :Razz

jinglejangle
10-Dec-06, 20:52
Putting decorations up next weekend...not looking forward to it this year due to hubby being away over xmas for first time:( and havn't decided on real tree or fake.

Also getting bobsgirl to come round and paint my windows because shes so good at it, and i'm too lazy to bother..LOL

written my cards last week but keep forgetting to get stamps for them, so i'll be lucky if they get posted before christmas :Razz

i noticed the other month a company based in thurso that do window painting Le-Art i think they were called. they do the british legion and vantage chemist.

mums angels
10-Dec-06, 21:20
yeah heard of Le-Art aswell..very good, they did mine last year and will be doing them again this year ;)

jinglejangle
10-Dec-06, 21:50
yeah heard of Le-Art aswell..very good, they did mine last year and will be doing them again this year ;)

aha - so i take from that bobsgirl is connected with le-art??:D

mums angels
10-Dec-06, 23:20
you'd assume right ...lol... she really is good and can get almost any pic you want:D she did spongebob squarepants and snowman for me last year and having her do bratz and xmas tree this year

Ricco
10-Dec-06, 23:23
I'm spending Christmas with my nieces this year, which will be really nice as I don't have kids of my own. It is their excitement and joy that really gets the spirit going.

mums angels
10-Dec-06, 23:28
you're right ricco , christmas wouldn't be so much fun if it wern't for the children, i just have to figure out how to get them excited about it since thier dads away working...then i can get in the spirit too:Razz

Ricco
10-Dec-06, 23:37
Try sitting veryone on the floor and turn the lights down low. Tell a good Christmas story and get the expression really good... so shivers go up and down your spine. That should work.

elaine
11-Dec-06, 00:01
Another good one is to aquire some "magic reindeer dust" (i.e. glitter and oats) and spread it out over the garden or doorstep to attract the magic reindeer on Christmas Eve!!
And don't forget the slightly muddy Santa footprints in the front hall/porch.
Half-drunk cherry and a knawed carrot on Christmas morning (nice one mum and dad - I won't ever forget that!)

And....... mum and dad..........remember the year you spotted a shooting star or aeroplane (not sure which) and told us that was Santa and his sleigh (genious - looking back!!) I can remember that night clear as day! It was the best!! I think I was 4 and my bro was 10 (we nearly peed our pants with excitement!)

I think these memories stay with you forever and give you that warm, fuzzy feeling at this time of year!! Lots of great memories! Thanks M&D!!

Through
11-Dec-06, 14:00
One year, my wife was setting up the camcorder on a tripod ready to catch the present opening frenzy first thing in the morning. One of the wee ones exclaimed, "I know what you're doing; you're going to record Santa!"

rs 2k
11-Dec-06, 14:15
I haven't even got my decorations out of the loft yet, i bought an artificial 6ft tree a couple of years ago and it looks really nice when done but
I'm not looking forward to putting the tree up, coz the cats climb it all the time and it drives me mad, tree tips over about 10times a day and it looks a right mess and they play with the bourbles and knock them off

Is there anything u can do to stop the cats climbing it, or is it just a case of tying it sercurely to a wall to stop it falling over

Anyone got any suggestions pleassssseeee?

Kids want the tree up :(

Thanx

Lindsay

changilass
11-Dec-06, 14:18
Hi Lindsey

Think you can get some stuff from the pet shop that you spray that will stop the cats going near, it's not specifically for xmas trees but should do the job.

Hope this helps

Sue

rs 2k
11-Dec-06, 14:20
Thanx for that Sue i will give it a try

cheers

Lindsay

bobsgirl
16-Dec-06, 16:27
[quote=elaine;170750]Another good one is to aquire some "magic reindeer dust" (i.e. glitter and oats) and spread it out over the garden or doorstep to attract the magic reindeer on Christmas Eve!!
[quote]

Was at the kids Christmas concert on Thursday and they were selling little envelopes with magic reindeer dust in it. Brill idea, kids loved it!
You really get into Christmas dont you Elaine!!
Thanks for that!