PDA

View Full Version : where do I stand?

baileys Bhoy
29-Sep-12, 21:41
Yesterday ( 28/09/12 ) I had to head to Wick to meet up for an appointment, so I looked everywhere to find an accurate bus timetable. Eventually I settled with one on the stagecoach website... I thought if It's on the internet surely It's the most likely to be up to date. I found a bus at 6.32 pm leaving from the a & l in Thurso, I was down at 6.15 pm and at around 6.25 pm I saw the bus heading to the business park at the Scrabster end of Thurso. At 6.34 pm the same bus came back from the business park but now was marked " out of service ". So I continued to wait with no success, at 7.00pm ( by the way I wasn't the only one waiting) I made the decission to get a taxi to Wick after looking up the same timetable for the next bus which was at 8.10 pm, knowing I needed to get through before then my deccission was made. I got a Pentland taxi to take me through and got a receipt from the driver, couldn't afford the £30 charge, just wondering if I could get this heafty fee paid back to me as I feel I was in plenty of time for a bus which never turned up! By the way I had in tow my 2 year old daughter who was frozen by time I got into the taxi. I also asked many passers by that agreed with me about the time of the bus.Any info much appreciated

linnie612
29-Sep-12, 21:53
I would imagine you would just have to put it down as one of those (annoying) things. You had no pre-arrangement with the bus company, ie a paid ticket or whatever, so I can't see what recourse you would have.

baileys Bhoy
29-Sep-12, 21:54
True thank you linnie612

starfish
29-Sep-12, 21:55
i would phone stage coach and talk to them and aslo put it in writing , my daughter was at a bus sop in wick and the bus she was waiting for sailed passed her and other passengers so she had to get a taxi back home to collect her children from school we phoned and wrote to stage coach and she got her fare refunded and a £10 good will voucher

Phill
29-Sep-12, 22:04
Well, I wouldn't stand at that bus stop again.
:D

baileys Bhoy
29-Sep-12, 22:57
Do you think I should just go to the stagecoach depo on lovers lane on Monday morning or should I be looking to speak to someone else?Thanjs

Bobinovich
29-Sep-12, 23:35
I've just had a look at the timetable & do see a no. 82 bus being at the A & L at 18.32, however it only appears to be a 2-stop run - from the business park (18.27) into the A & L (18.32) - it does not indicate it then going on to Wick or elsewhere. I would imagine if no-one got on at the business park then they would naturally change to Out of Service.

If this isn't the route then can you link or indicate which timetable you were looking at?

linnie612
29-Sep-12, 23:36
I just had a quick look at the timetable - I think the bus actually terminates at the A & L at 18.32, with the sevice resuming at 20.05 (20.10 at Olrig Street).

secrets in symmetry
29-Sep-12, 23:57
What's an A & L? Do we have one in Week? Is it a place we can meet for lunch linnie?

secrets in symmetry
30-Sep-12, 00:03
Ok, I know, it's not hard to work out what an A & L is. I'm just a bit slow tonight.

To answer my own question.... No, we don't have one in Week. We used to have one, but it closed down about 6 or 7 years ago.

To answer baileys Bhoy's question.... I don't think you have any legal recourse, especially if the bus terminates at the A & L, and then regenerates somewhere else in the town. But you could write to the bus company, and they might be nice to you....

Alrock
30-Sep-12, 09:45
Ok, I know, it's not hard to work out what an A & L is. I'm just a bit slow tonight.

To answer my own question.... No, we don't have one in Week. We used to have one, but it closed down about 6 or 7 years ago.

No A & L in Thurso either, in fact, no A & L anywhere now. It is now a S.

secrets in symmetry
30-Sep-12, 13:12
No A & L in Thurso either, in fact, no A & L anywhere now. It is now a S.Right enough, the white S on a red background is all over our streets these days. Come to think of it, wasn't it 2004 when A&L closed down in Wick?

You know what Caithness is like though, the bus stop at the S in Thurso will probably be called the A&L forever more....

Alrock
30-Sep-12, 15:14
Right enough, the white S on a red background is all over our streets these days. Come to think of it, wasn't it 2004 when A&L closed down in Wick?

You know what Caithness is like though, the bus stop at the S in Thurso will probably be called the A&L forever more....

It will eventually change, it was still known as the JobCentre stop for years after the JobCentre closed.

linnie612
30-Sep-12, 15:28
You should read the thread properly - starfish was merely giving advice.

linnie612
30-Sep-12, 15:54
I didn't say you were thick - I pointed out that you should read the thread, in the same way you pointed out to starfish she should read the timetable.

secrets in symmetry
30-Sep-12, 20:09
It will eventually change, it was still known as the JobCentre stop for years after the JobCentre closed.Yes, I'm sure it will change - just like I'm sure linnie will eventually change her mind and come to the beach with me. We can take the bus if you like linnie. :cool:

I'm sure you won't vanish into thin air at the bus stop like the vapid taz94 just did.

linnie612
30-Sep-12, 20:43
My knight in shining armour ...........:lol:

secrets in symmetry
30-Sep-12, 22:41
My knight in shining armour ...........:lol:Clunk, clunk, clunk, ....

Will they let me on the bus wearing this outfit? Let's not go to the beach until our second date, there's nothing worse than getting sand in your shining armour joints.

billmoseley
01-Oct-12, 18:02
Clunk, clunk, clunk, ....

Will they let me on the bus wearing this outfit? Let's not go to the beach until our second date, there's nothing worse than getting sand in your shining armour joints. As a driver i have to say no i won't unless linnie is taking you swimming in it lololol

katarina
01-Oct-12, 18:13
Don't know about Thurso, but the main bus stops in wick must be the only ones in the country not to have a list of the bus times and destinations on the wall. I have heard lots of visitors complain ma boput it.

mi16
01-Oct-12, 20:08
Outside Santander for a considerable period of time!!

secrets in symmetry
02-Oct-12, 08:21
As a driver i have to say no i won't unless linnie is taking you swimming in it lolololFirst, sand in my joints. Now rust?

Is there a written rule about passengers not being allowed on your bus wearing full armour? Does A & L mean Armour and Lance? :cool:

squidge
02-Oct-12, 09:49
Is there a written rule about passengers not being allowed on your bus wearing full armour? Does A & L mean Armour and Lance? :cool:

dunno - some of our guys have been on buses with armour and swords, axes and chainmail...... the odd great helm too. A lance might be a bit of a sticking point - they werent keen on the pole-arm.