PDA

View Full Version : Potholes in and around Wick

secrets in symmetry
29-Sep-12, 14:51
When was the last serious attempt to repair them? They seem bigger every time I'm back in the town, and there are more of them than ever before!

Alrock
29-Sep-12, 15:53
It's a conspiracy between the roads department & local garages to generate revenue from repairs to vehicle suspension.

secrets in symmetry
30-Sep-12, 00:33
Lol! There's one huge one near the clapped out garage on the way to the retail park. I take it they weren't part of the conspiracy lol?

sids
30-Sep-12, 09:44
They're inverted speed bumps.

Alrock
30-Sep-12, 09:55
Lol! There's one huge one near the clapped out garage on the way to the retail park. I take it they weren't part of the conspiracy lol?

Obviously too honest for their own good... lol

Whilst we're on the subject, did you know that roadworks are a conspiracy between Government & Fuel suppliers to make you waste fuel so that you have to buy more... lol

(disclaimer: these are not my theories, used to know someone who genuinely believed these)

Shaggy
30-Sep-12, 10:19

Transerv have just finished resurfacing the road from the traffic lights right up to the retail park so no more potholes. Mind you they were digging it up when i passed the other day

secrets in symmetry
30-Sep-12, 13:01
Obviously too honest for their own good... lol

Whilst we're on the subject, did you know that roadworks are a conspiracy between Government & Fuel suppliers to make you waste fuel so that you have to buy more... lol

(disclaimer: these are not my theories, used to know someone who genuinely believed these)Lol! It obviously didn't work in Wick - unless Tesco are behind it!

Transerv have just finished resurfacing the road from the traffic lights right up to the retail park so no more potholes. Mind you they were digging it up when i passed the other dayThe traffic lights at Dempster Street - next to Dunnet's?

That's amazing, that road was terrible for years.

I've taken to coming back up by train instead of driving. I do it so rarely, and mainly in the summer, that I actually enjoy the trip North. The return trip is a bit tedious. I didn't spend any time on the Pulteney side this last time - apart from a visit to Mackay's. :cool: