PDA

View Full Version : Lifeboats Number

Kenneth
28-Sep-12, 11:47
Does anyone have a contact number for Thurso Lifeboats?

I would like to make a donation / get a pic in the paper for my football team...

jimbews
28-Sep-12, 12:55
Does anyone have a contact number for Thurso Lifeboats?

I would like to make a donation / get a pic in the paper for my football team...

From http://rnli.org/findmynearest/station/Pages/Thurso-Lifeboat-Station.aspx

Station address:

Thurso Lifeboat Station
Ferry Pier
Scrabster
Thurso
Caithness
KW14 7UJ

Station telephone:

01847 893433

Station opening times:

9.30am–4.30pm daily

Accessibility:

Parking

Visitor contact:

Bill Farquhar - LOM

Visitor contact telephone:

01847 893433

Shop opening times:

All our shops are run by volunteers who take great pride in keeping them open whenever possible, if you are planning a special trip to visit this shop it may be best to call ahead to check the opening times.

riggerboy
29-Sep-12, 20:45
So it’s not really a donation, it’s a form of publicity for you and your team, why not just pay the paper for the advertising space,

Kenneth
30-Sep-12, 02:14
No, we really are donating £200 to the Lifeboats. We (the mighty mighty High Ormlie Hotspurs) did a 10 hour row outside the Y-Not a few months back, raising money for both ourselves - as it's expenisve business running a football team these days - and for a local charity - the Lifeboats.

As for the publicity stunt, I think it's worth showing the public what their donations support - a local and worthwile charity, and a football team that keeps youngsters and oldies alike fit and active.

So there.

Corrie 3
30-Sep-12, 03:37
No, we really are donating £200 to the Lifeboats. We (the mighty mighty High Ormlie Hotspurs) did a 10 hour row outside the Y-Not a few months back, raising money for both ourselves - as it's expenisve business running a football team these days - and for a local charity - the Lifeboats.

As for the publicity stunt, I think it's worth showing the public what their donations support - a local and worthwile charity, and a football team that keeps youngsters and oldies alike fit and active.

So there.Well done Kenneth, thats so good to hear. Keep up the good work.

C3.

Crossword Puzzle
01-Oct-12, 21:11
Kenneth

I'm the Secretary for the Thurso Lifeboat and have just seen your posting. If you want to give me a call (01847) 831 749 we can arrange for you and your team of Mighty, Mighty High Ormlie Hotspurs to come down to the Lifeboat and have your picture taken with some of the crew on the boat.

Thank you all for your efforts in raising money for the Lifeboat (and yourselves of course).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kenneth
02-Oct-12, 23:18
Thanks, will do!!