PDA

View Full Version : Police driving

coop71
27-Sep-12, 09:45
I was driving along bridge st in wick last night at approx 7.55 pm behind a police car .
As it approached the roundabout instead of going round it up to the police station it cut the corner
and drove straight to the police station ? they drove at normal speed so it didnt look like an emergency .
Why do they have there own rules .

*Martin*
27-Sep-12, 09:57
Did you complain to the police?

Droopy
27-Sep-12, 13:52
I was driving along bridge st in wick last night at approx 7.55 pm behind a police car .As it approached the roundabout instead of going round it up to the police station it cut the corner and drove straight to the police station ? they drove at normal speed so it didnt look like an emergency .Why do they have there own rules .

Did you join the Org especially to tell us that?.....?.....?

Stick to Facebook, I'm sure you'll get the Jeremy Kyle elements of society all agreeing and commenting the way you want them to.....

Phill
27-Sep-12, 15:00
Masonic privilege!

Corrie 3
27-Sep-12, 15:19
Perhaps he was drunk!!!

C3.

pumkin
27-Sep-12, 19:01
I think coop71 has a point. I've seen the police on several occasions driving "outwith the law." Of course, they've got their own laws. Sometimes they get away with it, sometimes they don't;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/may/23/three-arrested-met-police-corruption

starfish
27-Sep-12, 19:17
when we lived in england a policecar was going in the opposite direction to us, it done a u turn in the road (a busy road) put blue lights and sirens on followed us pulled us over , WE thought what have we done and the policeman got out his car said you keep chickens do!nt you, In which we answered yes . they said good we got a neighbour dispute you may be able to settle. The neighbours were in battle who own the chickens they use to wander on one neighbours land but always went to the other neighbours to roost , so we said they would go home to rooast with that the policemen said thanks got in his car a disappeared.

Doreen
27-Sep-12, 20:53
I think coop71 has a point. I've seen the police on several occasions driving "outwith the law." Of course, they've got their own laws. Sometimes they get away with it, sometimes they don't;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/may/23/three-arrested-met-police-corruptionThey should have the same law as us because they are police does not make it any different road rules are rules and should not be broken unless in an emergency ive seen them overtaking me in a 30 mile an hour zonea few times.

sids
27-Sep-12, 22:26
ive seen them overtaking me in a 30 mile an hour zonea few times.

Did it cause you a problem of some sort?

Alrock
27-Sep-12, 22:44
Seen them driving the wrong way down that pointless one-way stretch at the top of Ormlie Industrial estate.

Wiseowl
27-Sep-12, 22:53
Ah Droopy, another friendly and positive post on caithness.org. And we wonder why arguments start on the org on 99% of the threads..

Moira
27-Sep-12, 22:55
I was driving along bridge st in wick last night at approx 7.55 pm behind a police car .
As it approached the roundabout instead of going round it up to the police station it cut the corner
and drove straight to the police station ? they drove at normal speed so it didnt look like an emergency .
Why do they have there own rules .

If you were so bothered you'd have asked at the Police Station. Did you?

luskentyre
27-Sep-12, 23:01
Unbelievable... A new member makes a perfectly valid observation in the (vain) hope of starting some reasoned discussion and gets set upon by certain individuals. Even if coop71 weren't a new member, some of the responses here are downright rude.

When did this place become so unfriendly?

Wiseowl
27-Sep-12, 23:05
I totally agree luskentyre! The purpose of the org is to give people the medium to voice their concerns, they should not be made to feel that their opinion is any less valid than others.

And in response to the actual subject of the thread, i have myself seen police exceeding legal limits on the country roads.

Wizzbang
28-Sep-12, 03:26
The Police should set and more often then not do set a good driving example. The bad cases are usually in the news as perhaps this is to thanks to coop71.

There is a lot of atrocious driving in the county. almost everyday there is someone speeding or driving to fast for the conditions, overtaking on a blind bends. tail gating
twice in the last two days I,ve had near misses with cars on the wrong side of the road. The list is endless.

The police are supposedly qualified drivers. They up hold the motoring laws and therefore should set the example for safe "defensive" driving.

Droopy
28-Sep-12, 04:27
Ah Droopy, another friendly and positive post on caithness.org. And we wonder why arguments start on the org on 99% of the threads..
Wasn't trying to start an arguement, I just don't get why people feel the need to come on the Org and have a rant about something that is just pure hearsay.

What possible solution to coop71's 'concerns' will he/she find by posting on here? If indeed what coop71 said is true, why not go to the police station about it, or write a letter to the Chief Constable?

Strikes me as just someone who wants to berate the Police, and by the way Wiseowl, why don't you afford the same rights to the Police as you do Woodys shop?.....exact same situation in my opinion...

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?183915-Woodys&p=967870#post967870

pumkin
28-Sep-12, 07:53
I just don't get why people feel the need to come on the Org and have a rant about something that is just pure hearsay.

Droopy, this isn't hearsay, coop71 stated that he/she saw this happening. That is an eye witness account.

& in response to Doreen; Of course the police should be following the same laws as us. But after that link I provided they certainly do not follow the law in the sense they should be. & if we - a member of the public - were to bring up a complaint to their chief super intendent about any wrong doing the police are doing, just who are they going to believe? One of their boys in blue, or a member of the public? I think the answer is fairly obvious.

@Droopy

This sort of thing happens all the time, & if you were to experience it first hand you'd understand how infuriating it really is. It's fairly obvious to see that coop71 was voicing their opinion on a rather unfair matter. Nobody likes to be treated unfairly, especially from folk on massive power trips!

Kevin Milkins
28-Sep-12, 08:35
Droopy, this isn't hearsay, coop71 stated that he/she saw this happening. That is an eye witness account.

& in response to Doreen; Of course the police should be following the same laws as us. But after that link I provided they certainly do not follow the law in the sense they should be. & if we - a member of the public - were to bring up a complaint to their chief super intendent about any wrong doing the police are doing, just who are they going to believe? One of their boys in blue, or a member of the public? I think the answer is fairly obvious.

@Droopy

This sort of thing happens all the time, & if you were to experience it first hand you'd understand how infuriating it really is. It's fairly obvious to see that coop71 was voicing their opinion on a rather unfair matter. Nobody likes to be treated unfairly, especially from folk on massive power trips!

I think if the O.P was upset enough by what he or she saw and reported to the chief inspector, the police driver could hardly say "wasnae me guv" because that island sits directly under a police camera.

Droopy
28-Sep-12, 10:11
I think if the O.P was upset enough by what he or she saw and reported to the chief inspector, the police driver could hardly say "wasnae me guv" because that island sits directly under a police camera.

Excellent point Mr Milkins!.......

Right, there you are coop71 up you go to the station and tell them what happened, you have the date and time of the alleged incident, so a quick look at the CCTV should be conclusive.

That way we can see for sure weather or not this thread is a cheap shot at the Police, or if indeed like many posters think on here, that an incident that needs dealt with, has occurred.

I await with baited breath........

Wiseowl
28-Sep-12, 10:36
Wasn't trying to start an arguement, I just don't get why people feel the need to come on the Org and have a rant about something that is just pure hearsay.

What possible solution to coop71's 'concerns' will he/she find by posting on here? If indeed what coop71 said is true, why not go to the police station about it, or write a letter to the Chief Constable?

Strikes me as just someone who wants to berate the Police, and by the way Wiseowl, why don't you afford the same rights to the Police as you do Woodys shop?.....exact same situation in my opinion...

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?183915-Woodys&p=967870#post967870

Oh my.. slightly aggressive way of portraying an opinion no? If you can't support or respect other caithness.org'ers opinions or views, then i do not understand why you troll these pages?

Doreen
28-Sep-12, 11:14
Did it cause you a problem of some sort?Mm did not cause me a problem but it would have been dangerous if a child ran out on the road as that a simple enough answer for you.

Phill
28-Sep-12, 11:43
Mm did not cause me a problem but it would have been dangerous if a child ran out on the road as that a simple enough answer for you.Cutting the corner in this (alleged) case may have saved supposed child from serious injury as the vehicle would have been further from the edge of road thus giving said rozzer more time to take evasive action! And the child should be suitably reprimanded for being so careless. See, PC Roadrage was actually driving with appropriate forethought for the possibility of irresponsible children who should have been tucked upon bed at this time of the night. A Sergeant in the making!

Doreen
28-Sep-12, 11:49
Cutting the corner in this (alleged) case may have saved supposed child from serious injury as the vehicle would have been further from the edge of road thus giving said rozzer more time to take evasive action! And the child should be suitably reprimanded for being so careless. See, PC Roadrage was actually driving with appropriate forethought for the possibility of irresponsible children who should have been tucked upon bed at this time of the night. A Sergeant in the making!Who mentioned it was night i never.

Droopy
28-Sep-12, 12:07
Who mentioned it was night i never.

When replying to a post with an opinion, the most reasoned posters have read all the information available in order to give a reasoned reply....

The OP stated that the alleged incident occurred at circa '7.55 lastnight' thus making it night and dark.....

Phill
28-Sep-12, 12:08
Who mentioned it was night i never.The OP. Keep up.

sids
28-Sep-12, 12:30
Mm did not cause me a problem but it would have been dangerous if a child ran out on the road as that a simple enough answer for you.

What about kittens? Don't you care if they stray onto the road?

ducati
28-Sep-12, 12:43
What about kittens? Don't you care if they stray onto the road?

That's why I drive so irratically......just in case.

Doreen
28-Sep-12, 13:15
What about kittens? Don't you care if they stray onto the road?Grow up have a wee word with yourself am i not aloud to have my say theres always one idiot .

molly16
28-Sep-12, 13:43
No point in asking the police the would probably given me a hard time in the future .

molly16
28-Sep-12, 13:46
When replying to a post with an opinion, the most reasoned posters have read all the information available in order to give a reasoned reply....The OP stated that the alleged incident occurred at circa '7.55 lastnight' thus making it night and dark.....You're right droopy the pm gave it away lol

pumkin
28-Sep-12, 17:42

If you actually think for one minute that all of the CCTV cameras are on, then you mate are Naive with a capital N!

Shaggy
28-Sep-12, 21:28
I regularly do the same on that roundabout when travelling over the bridge with the intention to turn right on the mini otherwise its stop 1/3 of the way round....reverse with full lock in the other direction, opposite lock, forward another 1/3 of the way round....reverse with full lock again, opposite lock again and then proceed up the hill.....its a right pain driving a twin-steer, 8-wheel, 32 tonne truck round Wick these days...:eek:

Kevin Milkins
28-Sep-12, 22:13
If you actually think for one minute that all of the CCTV cameras are on, then you mate are Naive with a capital N!

Why would that camera not be on?

pumkin
29-Sep-12, 09:15
Why would that camera not be on?

It's well known that most camera's aren't on. Not 24/7 anyway. They are merely there to make you feel safe. Just ask the lad in Thurso three years ago who at 1am on Hogmanay walked down Thurso precinct to horrifically get assaulted by SIX men. This happened at the foot of the camera at the precinct at the traffic lights. He went to report it, at the police station straight away only to get told that this particular camera, & most camera's simply aren't on.

It's like the A9 road cameras. Other than mobile cameras, the first ones to work are the ones approaching Pittlochry.

sids
29-Sep-12, 11:36
Mm did not cause me a problem but it would have been dangerous if a child ran out on the road as that a simple enough answer for you.

It's simple enough, but doesn't answer why you think they, or anyone else, should not overtake you within a speed limit. A child, or kitten, could run out in front of a car whether or not the Police pass some dawdling driver.

upolian
29-Sep-12, 11:36
Last weekend,on my way back from Thurso heading towards Watten,Thurso side of old hall,my mate slows down slightly for a couple of tractors on other side of road with wide loads,behind them is the police,as we pass they overtake,slight problem.....there was a car behind us,the police had to take serious evasive action to get in between the two tractors or it would have been a head on collision,is that what they call advanced driving???

sids
29-Sep-12, 11:43
Last weekend,on my way back from Thurso heading towards Watten,Thurso side of old hall,my mate slows down slightly for a couple of tractors on other side of road with wide loads,behind them is the police,as we pass they overtake,slight problem.....there was a car behind us,the police had to take serious evasive action to get in between the two tractors or it would have been a head on collision,is that what they call advanced driving???

You couldn't have had a very good view of that, if it was behind you.

Doreen
29-Sep-12, 13:17
It's simple enough, but doesn't answer why you think they, or anyone else, should not overtake you within a speed limit. A child, or kitten, could run out in front of a car whether or not the Police pass some dawdling driver.So im a dawdling driver no i stick to the speed limits put your dummy in you obvously talk nonsense appear to want to open your gob and talk utter rubbish.

sids
29-Sep-12, 14:09
So im a dawdling driver no i stick to the speed limits put your dummy in you obvously talk nonsense appear to want to open your gob and talk utter rubbish.

So, you were doing 30mph in a 30mph limit, when the speed cops passed you? You should have said.

Where were the Police going, at the time? Don't tell me you don't know!

Doreen
29-Sep-12, 14:25
So, you were doing 30mph in a 30mph limit, when the speed cops passed you? You should have said.

Where were the Police going, at the time? Don't tell me you don't know!No idea do you know because you seem to know everything else :)

sids
29-Sep-12, 16:28
No idea )

So it's not impossible that they were in a hurry to go somewhere important.

Rheghead
29-Sep-12, 16:51

Actually you are wrong there. Hearsay is something that is said about an offence when not in the presence of the accused. Since the the OP was present when she thought an offence may have occurred then it isn't hearsay.

Doreen
29-Sep-12, 18:30
So it's not impossible that they were in a hurry to go somewhere important.Well if they were in a hurry why was the blue flashing lights not on i always thought thats what they are for unless you know different to warn people or am i wrong.

sids
29-Sep-12, 18:51
Well if they were in a hurry why was the blue flashing lights not on i always thought thats what they are for unless you know different to warn people or am i wrong.

They put them on when they see a need to put them on. If there was room to get past, they maybe saw no reason to get all dramatic with lights and hooters.

Doreen
29-Sep-12, 19:15
They put them on when they see a need to put them on. If there was room to get past, they maybe saw no reason to get all dramatic with lights and hooters.But as you said if it was that important and in a hurry dont you think drivers should be made aware or am i wrong again:roll:

sids
29-Sep-12, 20:14
But as you said if it was that important and in a hurry dont you think drivers should be made aware or am i wrong again:roll:

Aware of what?

They got past you, didn't they? If they'd made a noise or flashed blue lights, you might have braked in a panic or done some other silly thing and held them back.

highland red
29-Sep-12, 20:31
You do have to wonder sometimes just why the Police sometimes make an already difficult job even more difficult for themselves. A while ago, whilst exiting a road, and busy entrance to a school, I had to brake fairly abruptly for a driver cutting the corner and driving a wee bit too quickly, and when I looked into this driver's windscreen, was met by a police officer, and acquaintance, driving his own car and using his hand held mobile phone.

I think Perry Mason might have said: "I rest my case".

Alrock
29-Sep-12, 20:32
I'll tell you why they did it....

They know, just as much as everybody else does, that it is a pointless roundabout, just like the other one at the other bridge... They know that they can get away with it... So they did.

Doreen
29-Sep-12, 21:04
Aware of what?

They got past you, didn't they? If they'd made a noise or flashed blue lights, you might have braked in a panic or done some other silly thing and held them back.Oh dear yer some orger not ogre but no far of it sorry but i must say you are quiete witty but any way no i would not panic if i saw a blue light flashing because i do not speed i would not panic but pull over if need to and be coursesy and give them space.:Razz:lol:

sids
29-Sep-12, 21:16
Oh dear yer some orger not ogre but no far of it sorry but i must say you are quiete witty but any way no i would not panic if i saw a blue light flashing because i do not speed i would not panic but pull over if need to and be coursesy and give them space.:Razz:lol:

Well, you had given them space, no doubt using mirrors and hazard awareness, so they got past, got to the scene and solved crime. It's all to the net benefit of the race.

That's the human race, not the race through the 30 limit.

Moira
29-Sep-12, 21:32
It's perhaps worth noting, before this thread descends any further into the depths of personal point scoring, that the OP hasn't logged in since they made their original post here.

Maybe they're not all that "bovvered".......
which would explain why they didn't take their grievance against the Police further.

Maybe they were just a bit bored the other night so decided to have a bit of a rant on the forums.

Who knows......

Phill
29-Sep-12, 22:02
It's perhaps worth noting, before this thread descends any further into the depths of personal point scoring, that the OP hasn't logged in since they made their original post here.

which would explain why they didn't take their grievance against the Police further.

Maybe they were just a bit bored the other night so decided to have a bit of a rant on the forums.

Who knows......
Now if that isn't alluding to a Polis cover-up I don't know what is!

I bet the OP was tracked down by their IP number and 'invited' into the the back of the polis car where they no doubt tripped and fell down those pesky stairs.

Doreen
29-Sep-12, 22:21
Well, you had given them space, no doubt using mirrors and hazard awareness, so they got past, got to the scene and solved crime. It's all to the net benefit of the race.

That's the human race, not the race through the 30 limit.Aye but do you sids lol;)

linnie612
29-Sep-12, 22:54
Stairs! In a police car!! Whatever will they think of next.

Doreen
29-Sep-12, 23:01
Stairs! In a police car!! Whatever will they think of next.\ lifts in a police car at would be good coz i wudna hev til walk ha ha .

Doreen
29-Sep-12, 23:36
\ lifts in a police car at would be good coz i wudna hev til walk ha ha .
.Sids would vat keep yer trap shut:cool: lol

Corrie 3
30-Sep-12, 01:49
Sids would vat keep yer trap shut:cool: lol
I reckon you have cracked it with Sids Doreen, he will be asking you out on a date soon I reckon!!!

C3.

sids
30-Sep-12, 09:42
I reckon you have cracked it with Sids Doreen, he will be asking you out on a date soon I reckon!!!

C3.

Never mind her. You seem like a dinkum little popsie....

Doreen
30-Sep-12, 10:47

C3.Now now Corrie behave yersel:lol:

Corrie 3
30-Sep-12, 11:37
Never mind her. You seem like a dinkum little popsie....
OK, but I don't snog on first date though Sids!!

C3.

Corrie 3
30-Sep-12, 11:38
Now now Corrie behave yersel:lol:
I'm too old for behaving myself Doreen, anyway, behaving yourself is boring!!

C3.

Doreen
30-Sep-12, 13:32
I'm too old for behaving myself Doreen, anyway, behaving yourself is boring!!

C3.Surely your no at old but you can be a bit o a menace on the org ha ha what would we do without yor cheeky comments:lol:

2little2late
30-Sep-12, 17:51
Did you join the Org especially to tell us that?.....?.....?

Stick to Facebook, I'm sure you'll get the Jeremy Kyle elements of society all agreeing and commenting the way you want them to.....

Don't be so pedantic! Give the guy a break. Good point coop71 had it been one of us we'd have been booked.

Droopy
30-Sep-12, 19:47
No point in asking the police the would probably given me a hard time in the future .

Molly16...are you sure your not a sock puppet of coop71?.....

You seemed to have appeared as someone whos answering the query of why the OP hasn't been to the Police about the supposed incident?....

You also talk in the past tense of the Police, and state 'given' a hard time....have you? Is that why you've come on a public forum with your story disguised as coop71???........Interesting that coop71 hasn't logged on since the original post too?

You're right droopy the pm gave it away lol

Also lve no idea about what you mean in your other post about a PM.....lve not sent any regarding this thread....what do you mean?

upolian
01-Oct-12, 00:48
You couldn't have had a very good view of that, if it was behind you.

Did it not occur to you that i turned round? rear window?
lay of the magic mushrooms........

sids
01-Oct-12, 08:07
Did it not occur to you that i turned round? rear window?

Yes, you wouldn't have had much of a view through the back window, while travelling away from the scene. I reckon you've no idea what you saw.

Neil Howie
01-Oct-12, 21:51
Maybe send them a copy of this

Mini-Roundabouts:
A Definitive Guide

Only (!) £29.95

Scroll down 2/3 of the page at Link

(http://www.mini-roundabout.com/)This is still the only comprehensive design guide for mini-roundabouts that has been published, fully updated from Mini-roundabouts - getting them right! which itself has proved popular with 998 copies sold in the UK and abroad since publication in October 1996, with many repeat orders.
Information on safety is much improved including detailed analysis of accident types and how to avoid them occurring.
(http://www.mini-roundabout.com/)

elaine834
01-Oct-12, 22:43
Police look after their own. Seen an under cover police car motor past te park hotel over 30 now I'm lead to believe if there's an emergency their blue lights must be on.....wasn't the case that night and on stainland they were over 60, the Mondeo was reported but funny that never saw anything in the paper, go figure one rule for us one rule for them - and no I've never been done for speeding - annoys me to see the police on speed crack down yet they do it blatantly themselves!

Doreen
01-Oct-12, 22:51
Police look after their own. Seen an under cover police car motor past te park hotel over 30 now I'm lead to believe if there's an emergency their blue lights must be on.....wasn't the case that night and on stainland they were over 60, the Mondeo was reported but funny that never saw anything in the paper, go figure one rule for us one rule for them - and no I've never been done for speeding - annoys me to see the police on speed crack down yet they do it blatantly themselves!Your dead right they have rules o there own put caithness cops in a city they wudna have a clue .

squidge
01-Oct-12, 23:02
well Doreen that might well happen with a national police authority - we shall see

luskentyre
01-Oct-12, 23:40

Who knows......

Or, more likely, they were put off by certain attitudes that they decided it wasn't a particularly pleasant place to be.

sids
02-Oct-12, 20:59
I'm lead to believe if there's an emergency their blue lights must be on.....!

Who led you to believe that and how?

mi16
03-Oct-12, 07:37
Police look after their own. Seen an under cover police car motor past te park hotel over 30 now I'm lead to believe if there's an emergency their blue lights must be on.....wasn't the case that night and on stainland they were over 60, the Mondeo was reported but funny that never saw anything in the paper, go figure one rule for us one rule for them - and no I've never been done for speeding - annoys me to see the police on speed crack down yet they do it blatantly themselves!

How do you know they were over the prescribed speed limits?

mi16
03-Oct-12, 07:59
Your dead right they have rules o there own put caithness cops in a city they wudna have a clue .

How do you know that the Caithness cops have not worked in a city previously, or perhaps aspire to be city coppers and are working towards it?
Either way what difference does it make, surely enforcing the law is enforcing the law no matter where you serve?

elaine834
03-Oct-12, 13:41
When your sat driving at the correct speed limit and car Infront (said undercover police car) is rapidly pulling away from you - you know they are breaking the speed limit!

Tinkerbell09
03-Oct-12, 14:45
A couple of days ago, I was coming out of my house (which leads straight onto the street) and a police car came down my street, clearly going over 30mph. Got to the bottom of my street, no indicator and pulled out! I was least impressed as our street often has kids walking on their own. :confused

T x

Corrie 3
03-Oct-12, 15:14
A couple of days ago, I was coming out of my house (which leads straight onto the street) and a police car came down my street, clearly going over 30mph. Got to the bottom of my street, no indicator and pulled out! I was least impressed as our street often has kids walking on their own. :confused

T x
The Wick rule of not using indicators also applies to the Police Tinkerbell, you can't have the Police using them and everyone else not using them. That would just cause chaos!!!

C3.

Droopy
03-Oct-12, 16:10
Don't be so pedantic! Give the guy a break. Good point coop71 had it been one of us we'd have been booked.

Pedantic....realistic more like!

It's been pretty obvious from the start of this thread that it's complete fabrication by someone with a grudge against the police, and has become a means for every other village idiot to have a go at the police too.

The OP has never logged back on since the post was started (well not as coop71 anyway!) to defend, discuss or reconfirm the initial allegation.
We've all had or heard of times when the police are not the brightest, quickest or over indulged with common sense but it's still no reason to come on here under a false name and talk tripe.

So like I said in my opening post, coop71......stick to Facebook and watching Jeremy Kyle.....or prove me wrong and go to the police station with your allegation and get the CCTV checked....

Geo
03-Oct-12, 17:32

Lights and sirens do not have to be used. It is down to the drivers discretion as to whether he or she feels it is needed.

Bobinovich
03-Oct-12, 17:40

T x

I was under the impression that indicators are only required to be used if there are pedestrians or other vehicles around to indicate to. Can anyone in the know confirm this?

elaine834
03-Oct-12, 17:46
Lights and sirens do not have to be used. It is down to the drivers discretion as to whether he or she feels it is needed.Perfect excuse for undercover police to speed for no apparent reason!

poppett
03-Oct-12, 17:47
When I learned to drive in 1971 I was taught to always indicate regardless of whether there was anyone else around or not. If you always do it it becomes automatic and you don`t have to think "do I need to indicate"..............sadly I sometimes forget coming down Olrig Street and have to stop myself indicating right to go onto Traill Street!

Same rule applied to locking the car when leaving it, even to go a few steps away for a natter in a car park.

focusRS
03-Oct-12, 17:51
Totally agree poppett. Always indicate regardless as there is a chance you didn't see the biker or pedestrian.

Alrock
03-Oct-12, 17:52
From... http://www.driving-test-success.com/driving-articles/signaling.htm

"You only need to use your indicators if other road users (vehicles, cyclists or pedestrians) are visible."

mi16
03-Oct-12, 18:34
When your sat driving at the correct speed limit and car Infront (said undercover police car) is rapidly pulling away from you - you know they are breaking the speed limit!

I see where you are coming from, but how do you know your speedometer is correct?
There is every chance that the patrol car is running a calibrated speedometer.

Geo
03-Oct-12, 20:17
Perfect excuse for undercover police to speed for no apparent reason!

Yes the reason may not be apparent however they will usually have one. As a general rule I don't believe they use it as an excuse to speed for the fun of it.

mi16
03-Oct-12, 20:38
Yes the reason may not be apparent however they will usually have one. As a general rule I don't believe they use it as an excuse to speed for the fun of it.

The fact is there are to many folk looking to jump down the throat of the police at any opportunity, and many dont seem to let the truth get in the way of a good story.

sids
03-Oct-12, 21:13
to speed for the fun of it.

No, that's our job.

Corrie 3
03-Oct-12, 21:31
No, that's our job.
Doreen say's you like to be quick off the mark Sid's, is this true.....?

C3.

elaine834
04-Oct-12, 00:22
The fact is there are to many folk looking to jump down the throat of the police at any opportunity, and many dont seem to let the truth get in the way of a good story.No sorry this isn't jump down their throats for a good story it was a summer night and was reported to the police station whilst behind them! Yea like no one has their foot down just that little bit more than the speed limit! Intentional or not fact that makes my blood boil is they do speed initiatives but go screaming past the park hotel which is a 30 and random speeds out the road - if it was an emergency surely they'd be consistently above 60mph not hard to judge speed they are going when close and fair pulling away from you!

sids
04-Oct-12, 07:08
Doreen say's you like to be quick off the mark Sid's, is this true.....?

C3.

First out of the taxi and last to the bar. It's a knack.

sids
04-Oct-12, 07:09
Perfect excuse for undercover police to speed for no apparent reason!

If the reason was apparent, they wouldn't be undercover.

mi16
04-Oct-12, 07:40
No sorry this isn't jump down their throats for a good story it was a summer night and was reported to the police station whilst behind them! Yea like no one has their foot down just that little bit more than the speed limit! Intentional or not fact that makes my blood boil is they do speed initiatives but go screaming past the park hotel which is a 30 and random speeds out the road - if it was an emergency surely they'd be consistently above 60mph not hard to judge speed they are going when close and fair pulling away from you!

It is very easy to judge the speed, however more than likely your judgement would be totally inaccurate, firstly you have no idea how fast you were travelling and secondly you have no idea how fast they are puling away from you.
There are three ways you can measure the speed of a vehicle accurately:
1. Use the speed = distance over time calculation.
2. Use a calibrated speed gun.
3. Follw with a calibrated speedometer.

Any other method is purely speculation, I am not sure what you expected to happen regarding prosecution of the officers you deemed to be speeding, thankfully though in the UK some evidence is required to sucsessfully convict the accused.

upolian
05-Oct-12, 13:47
Yes, you wouldn't have had much of a view through the back window, while travelling away from the scene. I reckon you've no idea what you saw.

you have no idea what your talking about,we were slowing down to turn into the junction to head up passed gunns quarry,or maybe it's just all a dream.....