PDA

View Full Version : I'm being evicted in three days!

mostlyharmless
09-Dec-06, 23:44
At a time when many are leaving there cosy little homes here on the org I should be so lucky!
I'm being evicted in 3 days Well at least that was the interesting message left on my phone tonight?!
for unpaid rent...?... this may have been worrying apart from the fact I don't pay rent!? nor am I behind in any other significant payments elsewhere, have had no letters no other phone calls nothing.?
Lovely ....come home from the christmas party to a nice message like that!
No return number of course...someone from wyvern or wyburn road city council? and of course if I have any problems with this I'm to ring 999
Great lets block up the emergency number too!

It seems like a joke.... nice one, however a slight concern that someone somewhere is being evicted and is using my name and giving out my telephone number?

Any clues anyone?
[No I'm not giving out my name I've had enough jokes for one night]

Whitewater
10-Dec-06, 00:00
Perhaps they rang the wrong number, nothing more sinister than that.

connieb19
10-Dec-06, 00:03
I'd start packing just incase lol :eek:

htwood
10-Dec-06, 01:09
Seems odd that it would be a phone message. Surely an official notice must in writing and hand-delivered?

Good luck.

JAWS
10-Dec-06, 01:44
Have you tried checking for the callers phone number? It might just give you a clue if something has gone wrong somewhere along the line.

connieb19
10-Dec-06, 01:46
Have you tried checking for the callers phone number? It might just give you a clue if something has gone wrong somewhere along the line.
Where's he supposed to look? Under the bed lol. :eek:

JAWS
10-Dec-06, 01:52
1471 will say what the last number was unless it is an ex-directory number.

mostlyharmless
10-Dec-06, 12:16
Tried 1471 no number there.
They used 'my name' in the call.
Perhaps someone doesn't want me to go anywhere in the next 3 days[I'm to be evicted within 3 days] I must check where I'm supposed to be for the next 3 days. They could have just told me not to turn up though!

Through
10-Dec-06, 12:30
Good luck Mostly.

Fluff
10-Dec-06, 13:27
i would have thought if it was real you would recive that info in writing.
have you tried contacting your landlord/council??

sounds abit fishy to me

DarkAngel
10-Dec-06, 14:03
Mmm..That is very strange indeed!! Dont give out any details or anything over the phone incase its a con and you end up losing everything. Im sure if this was real Mostly you would have got some sort of written warning befoer a phone call. Strange that you dont rent your house and the phone call said missed rent payments. This is a weird one!

Hope you get it all sorted out soon

paris
10-Dec-06, 14:12
Sounds like someone is having a laugh at your expence ! jan x

Stewart
10-Dec-06, 14:26
Strange. Get in touch with your landlord, and if they say anything else, don't open the door.

Metalattakk
10-Dec-06, 16:23
Hmmm, you say you don't pay rent. Are you supposed to pay rent? :D

Maybe therein lies your problem? ;)

Ricco
10-Dec-06, 16:32
I'm sure it is a hoax or a wrong number, Mostlyharmless. You shouldn't have any problems unless someone has stolen your identity. :D

mostlyharmless
10-Dec-06, 17:23
Oh no you got me.......lol nice one metalattakk........in simple terms then I'm not supposed to pay any rent as I own the house.

Then what reason the message a joke hmmm? Maybe.
Someone doesn't want me to go out in the next 3 days?
Someone wants me to be in when they get me out? or wants me in for some other reason?
Its a strange way of saying your not wanted here?
Someone is posing as me? [poor thing]

oldmarine
10-Dec-06, 22:42
Oh no you got me.......lol nice one metalattakk........in simple terms then I'm not supposed to pay any rent as I own the house.

Then what reason the message a joke hmmm? Maybe.
Someone doesn't want me to go out in the next 3 days?
Someone wants me to be in when they get me out? or wants me in for some other reason?
Its a strange way of saying your not wanted here?
Someone is posing as me? [poor thing]

Not to worry if you own the house. Someone is trying to get to you. Just ignore them.

Metalattakk
11-Dec-06, 00:36
Haha! Good to see you're in high spirits, mostlyharmless!

Strange that they didn't leave a return 'phone number, as that's usually how they would scam you - sending you off in a gluff to call a premium-rate number.

Can't work out what they're up to at all...even if it's just a prank, it's really not a very good one.

Jeemag_USA
11-Dec-06, 01:40
I tend to think wether this is a prank or a mistake it should not be ignored. if this is being done as a prank call then if its possible to find out who was behind it they should record the message and confirm with Wyvern or whoever if it came from their offices and if it didn't give it to the proper authorities. If it was done to me I woudl be gettig something done about it.

JAWS
11-Dec-06, 02:04
I rather think I would be having a word with the Police. Whatever the reason for the message, be it a wrong number or a sick joke, it needs sorting.

Dog-eared
11-Dec-06, 17:55
Barricade the windows, get stocks of food in, fill bath with drinking water, send kids to grannies.

Break out the arms and ammo
cos the revolution's here
and we know its right....

mostlyharmless
11-Dec-06, 19:09
Well thanks for the idea's, I did ring the local police who had not had any similar incidents reported. They were not pleased that the message said to ring 999 though, but could offer no other advice other than don't worry and if anyone does appear ring them and they'll come out.
The message is held on 1571 but no number to ring back and I can't find any wyburn road or wideburn road city council.[Sounds English...but it was definitely a scottish voice.?]
Oh well hold on to your hats tomorrow's the last of my 3 days!

Through
11-Dec-06, 19:55
Let's all go round to Mostly's house tomorrow and lend him our support!

mostlyharmless
11-Dec-06, 23:40
A friend of ours has just said that it's a cryptic message ...

Wy BURN road when you can BURN the house! Thats nice.....

They reckon my Englishness has shown through and its a get out of Scotland message ...
Oh well ...I could do with warming up in this weather.
I must have upset someone ?
Ever wish you hadn't mentioned something ? I don't believe it myself but once someone suggests it makes you wonder ........

By all means come round for a barbeque anytime...

Fran
12-Dec-06, 02:27
There is a wyburn road in hucknall near nottingham. i discovered this when i went on to google, and I saw your story there too. it must be a case of mistaken identity, wrong number etc. dont worry.

abalone
12-Dec-06, 03:45
There is a wyburn road in hucknall near nottingham. i discovered this when i went on to google, and I saw your story there too. it must be a case of mistaken identity, wrong number etc. dont worry.

Is Wyburn road in Hucknall the only one?This one has been in the local news here in Hucknall because they have merged two primary schools and it hasn't been popular.

JAWS
12-Dec-06, 03:51
The hooligans get younger by the day! [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
12-Dec-06, 09:19
I am currently homeless and have found a nice cosy spot in Weeboyagees house. If the worst comes to the worst I will have a word with him for you and I am sure he will squeeze you in. Nice big happy family for christmas. :eek:

WeeBurd
12-Dec-06, 23:08
A friend of ours has just said that it's a cryptic message ...

Wy BURN road when you can BURN the house! Thats nice.....

They reckon my Englishness has shown through and its a get out of Scotland message ...
Oh well ...I could do with warming up in this weather.
I must have upset someone ?
Ever wish you hadn't mentioned something ? I don't believe it myself but once someone suggests it makes you wonder ........

By all means come round for a barbeque anytime...

I really hope it's nothing as nasty as that, Mostly, hope everything is fine at your end!

Kingetter
13-Dec-06, 13:49
Update please! Are you still there? Do you need International Rescue yet or is it all sorted?

mostlyharmless
14-Dec-06, 00:36
Yes I'm still here no burning barn ...no eviction ....nothing although I am reliably informed that the accent on the phone call is an oldish local one [Caithnessian]. So it was just a joke[yes wonderfully funny it was ... I tell you I couldn't stop laughing and laughing and rolling and hollering and so on,,]

Alternatively I've annoyed someone locally, shame they didn't leave a name I could go round and discuss it........

Thanks for asking after me ....

Anyway till next time I've been mostly harmless and I really am .

Kingetter
14-Dec-06, 01:32
"Games people play"? How different are people's ideas of 'good for a laugh' eh?

Piglet
14-Dec-06, 01:52
it's good to know that you are alright mostlyharmless.

Stupid pranks people play - how was that funny :roll:

zappster
14-Dec-06, 07:36
Not a very good joke..but you can buy these prank calls on-line though its usually voices like Tony Blair,Sylvester Stallone etc ...I dont think there's many Caithnesian ones for sale though!

Ricco
14-Dec-06, 08:28
Nice to see you are still there, Mostly. Now I will have somewhere to stay (?) when I come up in the summer - possibly.

Welcome back, Kingetter. How was the hol? Thought you had gone walkabout, but then remembered you had no Australian connection. lol