PDA

View Full Version : swearing box

Fluff
09-Dec-06, 23:31
i wasnt sure where to ask this or where to post. i thought the admins might have been getting alot of emails so no point there.

is there any way of having a swearing box? i.e. you put in the word you want to use and it it will tell you if its banned.

i would not want to use heavy swearing but you dont know whats masked.

any ideas?

angela5
09-Dec-06, 23:34
i wasnt sure where to ask this or where to post. i thought the admins might have been getting alot of emails so no point there.

is there any way of having a swearing box? i.e. you put in the word you want to use and it it will tell you if its banned.

i would not want to use heavy swearing but you dont know whats masked.

any ideas?

A swearing box? crikey, what kind of words were you thinking of using:confused

Colin Manson
09-Dec-06, 23:39
Fluff,

Preview post will show you words that aren't permitted. I'd be happy to accept suggestions from people about what words should or shouldn't be on the list.

You can email with your suggestions, email address is my first name @caithness.org.

Gogglebox
09-Dec-06, 23:49
Fluff,

Preview post will show you words that aren't permitted. I'd be happy to accept suggestions from people about what words should or shouldn't be on the list.

You can email with your suggestions, email address is my first name @caithness.org.

You must be kamikaze requesting emails with swear words in the current climate!lol

canuck
10-Dec-06, 00:04
Finally an answer to a question I have been asking for ages. Thanks Colin.

You just need to hit "preview" to see if you must find a better word for that action you take when you use a fork to puncture the shortbread batter.

I tried it and it worked. (Not the shortbread thing, but the "preview" function.) But don't forget you still need to "submit" it to get it to appear as a post on a thread.

So, if you have a prickly word, just preview it.

krieve
10-Dec-06, 00:08
I could think off a few!!!! :evil [lol]

Fluff
10-Dec-06, 13:15
ah thats good thanks.

i was never wanting to use *bad* words, but some words which i use may have been deemed banned. well i am sure we will find out soon enough lol

woo-hoo! 200 hundred posts!

Buttercup
10-Dec-06, 19:03
I must be thick, never thought on using that!
Won't be getting caught out with the pricking of the shortbread now Canuck! [lol]