PDA

View Full Version : Need to lose weight for op!

Angel
23-Sep-12, 20:37
Hiya fellow orgers... I have to lose a stone in weight in 3 months so as I can have an operation! Started to eat less carbs and move away from toast in a morning to porridge... this seems to have had little effect... So I am wondering about excercise methods...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thank you in advance...

Angel...

LMS
23-Sep-12, 20:54
Eat less and move more! Moving more could be a couple of short walks a day, most days. The Hairy Bikers had a very interesting series on TV last month highlighting losing weight whilst still eating the foods they liked. They cut back on their portions, swapped ingredients for lower fat alternatives and took gentle exercise.

secrets in symmetry
23-Sep-12, 21:23
I echo LMS' words. Eat less, drink less achohol, and walk more. It works for me every time.

Good luck with it!

sids
23-Sep-12, 21:32
Hiya fellow orgers... I have to lose a stone in weight in 3 months so as I can have an operation! Started to eat less carbs and move away from toast in a morning to porridge... this seems to have had little effect... So I am wondering about excercise methods...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thank you in advance...

Angel...

Less carbs? Why are you eating any carbohydrate? Porridge is carbohydrate and water. Eat meat, fat and non-starchy veg. Or don't lose weight- it's your own business.

annemarie482
23-Sep-12, 21:43
I've just lost a stone in three weeks, much quicker than I expected!
What I did was stopped eating pasta/rice/potatoes, eat nothing in a sauce as sauces are deadly lol, no junk at all, changed my bread to nimble bread, and had three meals a day eg: scrambled eggs on nimble toast, homemade soup for lunch and fish or chicken with salad or veg (no dressing or coleslaw) .Snacks are fruit, nuts or muller light yoghurts.
Also drank more water and NO alcohol!
I also did half an hour a night on the treadmill.

Hope that's of some help to you x

Dadie
23-Sep-12, 22:28
As you are waiting for an operation, should you consult your Doctor before doing any new exercise?
How about low impact stuff like swimming lengths and extending the walking you do?
Eat homemade soups ...veg based not creamy as they fill you up for a long time and are low in cals and carbs if you dont use potatoes, rice and pasta in them for lunch.
Try veggie meals with pulses for dinner as pulses are lower in cals than meat based meals as long as they dont contain cream and butter!
Steamed, grilled or baked fish on a bed of salad with veg...
And use herbs and lemon juice/rind or tomato based homemade sauces to flavour things rather than mayo and creamy sauces etc...
porridge is low in cals if made with water, with skimmed milk to top off...but is pure carbs! so it depends on what diet plan you are following low carb or low cal or low fat!
Try weight watchers or scottish slimmers for a weekly weigh in and pointers on where you are going wrong......and they will give you support when you need it..

And good luck in losing the weight and getting your op!