PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo advice

elastic band
22-Sep-12, 18:04
I have decided to mark next birthday by having a tattoo but need some recommendations for suitable tattoo artists. Has anyone used someone local (if there is anyone) if not, could you tell me where you went please. Do they have books for inspiration or do you need to know in advance what you want ?

thank you in advance

Corsastu
22-Sep-12, 18:14
The guy in thurso is ok but i would recomend nairn tattoo,there are books with hundred of designs to choose from,if you want you own design best give them a ring and they will prob want you to send the design down so they can get it all ready for you

Croftergirl
22-Sep-12, 20:17
I tend to go to Inkcap tattoos in Dingwall, Carl is great, good artists n really good fun too.He's also not too expensive. There's books of designs or take me down you design yourself.If your looking for inspiration, type in tattoo designs on google, go to images n start scrolling....there are millions.You'll get an idea of what you like and what you don't like and can start narrowing it down.Ohhh n don't worry wen folk tell you you've gotta live wi it for e rest of your life n you look at it everyday....Iv got 4, n half e time I forget iv got them! Lol

ladybird
22-Sep-12, 20:31
Angie Macintyre from 2tone tattoos in Inverness is very good, they have a website where you will find contact details, previous work etc.

George Brims
22-Sep-12, 23:51
I tend to go to Inkcap tattoos in Dingwall
I don't think it inspires confidence the place is named after a really poisonous mushroom. :lol:

crayola
23-Sep-12, 00:36
I have two pieces of advice about tattoos. If you're a woman don't get one because they make you look like a cheap tart. If you're a blokie don't get one unless it's a picture of me on your bum. ;)

telfordstar
23-Sep-12, 11:33
I have two pieces of advice about tattoos. If you're a woman don't get one because they make you look like a cheap tart. If you're a blokie don't get one unless it's a picture of me on your bum. ;)I'm really hoping your joking about Owen getting tattoos make them look like cheap tarts! I've 3 and I'm sure as hell not a cheap tart! :-)

sids
23-Sep-12, 12:07
I'm really hoping your joking about Owen getting tattoos make them look like cheap tarts! I've 3 and I'm sure as hell not a cheap tart! :-)

Read again what Crayola wrote. Study the second sentence and the third. Can you really not see any ironic intent?

crayola
23-Sep-12, 12:17
Expensive tarts don't sport tattoos. Even a single tattoo reduces what you can charge.

sids
23-Sep-12, 15:42
Expensive tarts don't sport tattoos. Even a single tattoo reduces what you can charge.

Is there a tarts' professional body that sets prices? What happened to competition and supply and demand?

jac1791
23-Sep-12, 15:59
Inkcap has closed in Dingwall but Carl comes to Wick often and does tattoos from Millers Cabs, as said he is really good, great at making you relax and really goes through designs with you first.. Iv had a good few Tattoos from him, inverink and John in Nairn and Although I liked them all Carl is the best at making u feel relaxed and 100% happy with your tattoo

smithp
23-Sep-12, 16:06
Inkcap has closed in Dingwall but Carl comes to Wick often and does tattoos from Millers Cabs, as said he is really good, great at making you relax and really goes through designs with you first.. Iv had a good few Tattoos from him, inverink and John in Nairn and Although I liked them all Carl is the best at making u feel relaxed and 100% happy with your tattoo

Is'nt his hand a little shakey when going over the bumps? At least they've re tarmaced that bit by Lidl should be easier for him.

Croftergirl
23-Sep-12, 16:54
I didna realise he has closed. Ats a shame I enjoyed poppin in for a coffee n a chat. Must try to catch up with Carl next time he's up in wick, mite even get another one masel now! All is talk o gettin inked has got me thinkin. Lol Ohhhh and Elastic Band, that's one thing I forgot to warn you about...tattoos are infectious, once you get one you,ll want more n more n more......

sids
23-Sep-12, 18:50
I don't think it inspires confidence the place is named after a really poisonous mushroom. :lol:

Edible mushroom.

elastic band
24-Sep-12, 12:53
Thanks to everyone who responded - i appreciate you all taking the time to reply.

Dadie
24-Sep-12, 13:23
If you dont know what you want, you are not ready for a tattoo.
Look at catalogs, mags and books...get one designed for you and cart it around for a couple of months and if you still love it as much as when you 1st saw it, then get it done!

EDDIE
24-Sep-12, 16:33
Thanks to everyone who responded - i appreciate you all taking the time to reply.
Why not get a tatto print instead that washes of after a couple of weeks

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=jvZVAJFKqqU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjvZVAJFKqqU&gl=GB

George Brims
24-Sep-12, 17:52
Edible mushroom.
You're right, it's edible unless you consume alcohol within two or three days of eating it, in which case things get nasty. So for me it's functionally a toxic mushroom. :)

LENSMAN
24-Sep-12, 21:43
Another vote for Angie Macintyre, fraction of the price of Thurso and excellent work, unfortunately she's booked solid 3 months ahead.

elaine834
24-Sep-12, 22:22
Inver ink best out of 4 places I've been too (Thurso - never again, Nairn, Alness and the place down near the river in ness)

nicnak
24-Sep-12, 22:29
Davinci's Parlour at Invergordon is amazing, dont reckon much to Angie she did one of mine and it has uneven thick lines so not too happy about that and the guy at alness did my daughters tattoo squint so not very impressed with him either. Davinci's have lots of pics of their work on Face book, if you have a chance have look, I am always well impressed with their work. Whatever place you choose the best advice i can give is think long and hard about which tattoo you pick, and think will I be happy with this in twenty years time.

Me and Them
25-Sep-12, 20:02
Another vote for Angie Macintyre, fraction of the price of Thurso and excellent work, unfortunately she's booked solid 3 months ahead.

3rd vote here, iv had fairly large ones done by her and healed very quick, infact just a bit red after couple hours, very reasonable price but end of day its for life so price shouldnt be a consideration,

Not sure about 3 months ahead ????, you just have to ask her whens best for her and work around her, normally got in within a week or so

But shows how good she is

http://2tonetattoos.co.uk/
(http://2tonetattoos.co.uk/)
Infact just saving up for half sleeve to be done by her ; )

LENSMAN
26-Sep-12, 18:10
Was in 2 weeks ago and she's booked till January.
You must have been on the list for cancellations.

wicker
26-Sep-12, 23:14
From the ones i see from thurso i dont think they all that good, he has a facebook page and no keen on some of the pics hes uploaded