PDA

View Full Version : what frequency do hamsters chat on?

Dadie
21-Sep-12, 23:30
Yup this is a serious question...Cheddar is missing again...and I have a bat detector ....so if I can find out the frequency russian dwarf hamsters frequent/use the most.....it would help find the little horror faster! yup I know its a scientific way of finding him rather than the waiting game..but, Im bored with waiting now...and want fast results!...the house has been pulled to bits with the look and find method and so far no luck...

mumof2
23-Sep-12, 17:26
bet the cat could locate him pretty quickly :D

Dadie
23-Sep-12, 19:33
Poor Frodo is still wondering what he did wrong....
He has been banished outside all weekend.
Cheddar has finally been located....must find out what frequency he chatters on as im pretty sure it will help find him faster if his chatterings are amplified so we can get a directional fix on his location.
Yeah I know it sounds too complicated for pets corner...but its either finding him with the bat detector (he is a noisy wee critter always chatting away) or sticking a tracing device to him somehow (superglue?) as I am getting really annoyed with him being left out his cage as threatening his keeper to within an inch of her life isnt working....and confiscating a hamster hasnt worked!
Either that or do we have to invest in a thermal imaging camera?

Dadie
25-Sep-12, 00:00
looked at the prices for thermal imagine cameras.......owch"!
And do they show the heat source behind anything..with such a small heat source anyway?
But seriously annoyed with someone who lets out her hamster at bedtime as I am not happy spending most of the night dozing on the stairs with a torch to find the lost beasie while the cat wonders what he has done wrong to be excluded from the house!