PDA

View Full Version : At least it's been interesting

Lolabelle
09-Dec-06, 05:16
I would like to say that at least there has been something interesting to read again. First time in ages.
Keep up the good work Mods and Admin. You've got a bit of colour back into the picture. Emotions are cranking and the biege bland feel is slowly receding.[lol]

Metalattakk
09-Dec-06, 05:24
Ha ha! That's a damning indictment if ever I saw one. :D

I predict it'll take a fair bit more than a wee message-board scuffle to repaint those beige-bland walls, though. In fact, it would seem that the most vociferous have been the most affected by the recent happenings.

So, what have we got to look forward to now? Endless convos about the latest bingo-hall gossip?

Oh joy.

changilass
09-Dec-06, 05:31
What would you prefer to discuss metalattakk??:D

Metalattakk
09-Dec-06, 05:35
Alas, I feel you know deep in your heart what I'd like to see discussed here and now on the good old .org.

But, I'm quite sure in the current circumstances such discourse would be frowned upon by both you and the other mods and admins.

There are a million questions that need asking, and very few answers will be forthcoming. Of that I am sure.

Ricco
09-Dec-06, 10:54
Alas, I feel you know deep in your heart what I'd like to see discussed here and now on the good old .org.

But, I'm quite sure in the current circumstances such discourse would be frowned upon by both you and the other mods and admins.

There are a million questions that need asking, and very few answers will be forthcoming. Of that I am sure.

Well, Metalattackk - instead of a complaint followed but an avoiding tactic I would suggest that you have two options open to you: 1) take the risk (but I woouldn't advise it) or 2) send a pm to one of the moderators and say what you would like to discuss and ask for their judgement. They should give you an honest answer - yes or no - and you can then take it from there.

Metalattakk
09-Dec-06, 15:22
Well, Metalattackk - instead of a complaint followed but an avoiding tactic I would suggest that you have two options open to you: 1) take the risk (but I woouldn't advise it) or 2) send a pm to one of the moderators and say what you would like to discuss and ask for their judgement. They should give you an honest answer - yes or no - and you can then take it from there.

There are certainly more than two options open to me, and the one I have chosen is the only one whereby I can be assured there is a complete lack of duplicity involved.

scotsboy
09-Dec-06, 16:28
I reckon there is the basis of a thesis here - I think it is the same phenomenon where people like to fight with bounders in night clubs:)

The Pepsi Challenge
09-Dec-06, 17:44
Anyone got the lowdown on Caithness.org - The Movie, yet? Who's starring as who? I'll be the gaffer.

Gogglebox
09-Dec-06, 21:09
Anyone got the lowdown on Caithness.org - The Movie, yet? Who's starring as who? I'll be the gaffer.

Pity Marlon Brandos not around - -he could have been the ModFather!!

golach
09-Dec-06, 21:30
If your the gaffer then I want to be Best Boy :lol:

acameron
09-Dec-06, 21:30
Ha ha! That's a damning indictment if ever I saw one. :D

I predict it'll take a fair bit more than a wee message-board scuffle to repaint those beige-bland walls, though. In fact, it would seem that the most vociferous have been the most affected by the recent happenings.

So, what have we got to look forward to now? Endless convos about the latest bingo-hall gossip?

Oh joy.

For someone who harps on about the lack of intresting subjects to discuss, and how boring things are on the messageboard, you dont seem to start off too many intresting threads yourself. Flick that chip of your shoulder and put a bit of effort in.

Metalattakk
09-Dec-06, 22:38
For someone who harps on about the lack of intresting subjects to discuss, and how boring things are on the messageboard, you dont seem to start off too many intresting threads yourself. Flick that chip of your shoulder and put a bit of effort in.

Considering the current climate, I'll post exactly what and when I damn well choose, acameron.

Thanks for your contribution though.

The Pepsi Challenge
09-Dec-06, 22:41
Lovely weather we're having. Very seasonal.

acameron
09-Dec-06, 23:04
Considering the current climate, I'll post exactly what and when I damn well choose, acameron.

Thanks for your contribution though.

Im not stopping you, you criticise others for what you class as uninteresting, and comment on it ( and thats your right) - yet when I do it to you
, you dont like it?

Metalattakk
09-Dec-06, 23:08
Are you trying to start a flame-war now? Isn't that against the rules?

JAWS
10-Dec-06, 00:02
Huge, Pugh, Barney, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub.
Well, we are all present and don't see any signs of Flames.

Metalattakk
10-Dec-06, 00:12
Good to see the Fire Brigade are ready to deal with any combustion. ;)

Maybe all that's left now is some recovery work to tidy up after yesterday's blaze. There's a fair bit of recovery yet to be done, don't you think?

JAWS
10-Dec-06, 00:50
I'm still trying to find the flame war. As for the rest, people are entitled to think what they wish.
Perhaps there are arsonists around, the amount of Fire Raising which has been going on for the last couple of months would certainly give that impression.

elaine
10-Dec-06, 01:02
Perhaps there are arsonists around, the amount of Fire Raising which has been going on for the last couple of months would certainly give that impression.

or are they "ORGonists"?

hmmmm nice bit of Bach.......

Sorry - bit random.

Metalattakk
10-Dec-06, 01:04
There's certainly been far too much arson around, some of it even by people who should know better.

JAWS
10-Dec-06, 01:19
Such is life.

canuck
10-Dec-06, 01:23
or are they "ORGonists"?

hmmmm nice bit of Bach.......

Sorry - bit random.

..... but priceless. Thanks

Metalattakk
10-Dec-06, 01:30
Such is life.

Hehe, I like the way you skirt the issue. ;)

But maybe it's you're best option at this time.

JAWS
10-Dec-06, 01:35
Now what am I being accused of?

Metalattakk
10-Dec-06, 01:39
What makes you feel as if you are being accused of anything? :D

Maybe you truly are unaware of the happenings of the past day and a half, and thereby a wee bit of issue-skirting would be understandable.

JAWS
10-Dec-06, 01:41
I was refering to the accusation that a member was trying to start a Flame War of some kind.
I wasn't aware I was skirting that issue.

Metalattakk
10-Dec-06, 01:43
Tried and failed by the look of it.

I was on to his intentions early doors (if you can forgive the football manager analogy). :D

JAWS
10-Dec-06, 01:50
Ah, I thought it referred to the couple of preceding posts to that. If there was something less innocuous prior to that then all would be explained.

Metalattakk
10-Dec-06, 01:56
Ha ha! Quality stuff, JAWS!

Closing your eyes doesn't make it all go away though. Sad to say.

JAWS
10-Dec-06, 02:04
My eyes are open far wider that people seem to think. I don't need to close my eyes to anything.
I do know my computer has been going very slow this evening. Has anybody any idea why?
Perhaps I'm being got at.

Metalattakk
10-Dec-06, 02:07
I wouldn't think so.

Although if you're feeling a bit paranoid I'd suggest you look closley at the other members of your flock of crows.

(Looking involves the opening of one's eyes, don't forget. ;))

JAWS
10-Dec-06, 03:37
I'm well used to the vagaries of computers and the last conclusion I arrive at is that somebody has sabotaged them.

Don't worry about my eyes, they see far further into things than people suspect.

Metalattakk
10-Dec-06, 03:43
Hmmm, don't know what your trying to fish for, but I'm not falling for it.