PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Games

Invisible
19-Sep-12, 14:07
Would like to hear from anyone with experience of Star Trek games for the PC. I don't beleive there are any for the PS3.

Although I may be taking a risk buying a PC game that runs on XP for Windows 7, I am in a Trekker phase at the moment. Star Trek online any good?

RecQuery
19-Sep-12, 15:20
With the exception of Star Trek Online there hasn't been a Trek game in a while. I've not played Star Trek Online but it's a free-to-play MMO with microtransactions and paid for add-ons so you should be able to try it out. As for Star Trek games I've liked or that I think are worth taking a look at:

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary - Original Series setting: Episodic adventure game, feels like a lot episodes of the TV series. You'll need DOSBox (free DOS emulator) to play it but it runs fine on anything that can run DOSBox. There are a few versions out there, the best is the CD version which has voice acting by the cast.
Star Trek: Judgement Rites - Original Series setting: Basically like the above with improvements. Episodic adventure game, feels like a lot episodes of the TV series but this time some of the episodes are part of a season long storyline. You'll need DOSBox (free DOS emulator) to play it but it runs fine on anything that can run DOSBox.
Star Trek: The Next Generation – A Final Unity - Next Generation setting: Episodic adventure game feels like a massive episode/many smaller episodes of the show. You'll need DOSBox (free DOS emulator) to play it but it runs fine on anything that can run DOSBox.
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Harbinger - Deep Space Nine setting: Adventure game, feels like a massive episode of the show. You'll need DOSBox (free DOS emulator) to play it but it runs fine on anything that can run DOSBox.
Star Trek Armada - Various eras: Real Time Strategy game, kind of like Command and Conquer in space. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Star Trek Armada II - Various eras: Real Time Strategy game, kind of like Command and Conquer in space. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Star Trek: Away Team - Various eras: Isometric real-time tactics game. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Birth of the Federation - Various eras. Turn based strategy game. Basically you control one of the major TNG empires. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Star Trek: Borg - TNG/DS9 era. FMV based adventure game. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Star Trek: Bridge Commander - Various eras: Basically a bridge command and combat simulator. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Dominion Wars - DS9 era: Kind of like a ship/task force simulator. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Fallen - DS9 era: Third Person shooter, sort of based on the Millenium Trilogy of books. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Star Trek Generations - TNG era: First person shooter with strategy and adventure elements. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Star Trek: Klingon - TNG era: FMV based adventure game. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Star Trek: Starfleet Command - Early TOS to Late TOS movie era: Ship simulator, like the Starfleet Battles tabletop game. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Starfleet Command - Orion Pirates - Early TOS to Late TOS movie era: Ship simulator, like the Starfleet Battles tabletop game. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy - Late TOS era: Ship and combat simulator with adventure game elements. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Star Trek: Klingon Academy - Late TOS era: Ship and combat simulator with adventure game elements, basically a better version of the above. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.
Star Trek: Legacy - Various eras: strategy and action combat game. I've ran it on XP and Windows 7 with no problems. You may need to tweak a couple of things and make a few adjustments but it's all straightforward.

If you have any problems getting or running any of these or another Star Trek game, let me know as I might be able to help.

midi2304
21-Sep-12, 21:51
The best Star Trek game you will ever play doesn't actually have a Star Trek license. It's called Eve Online and it's pretty much the best game ever. Not that I am biased or owt... cough* www.crossingzebras.com (http://www.crossingzebras.com*cough) *cough