PDA

View Full Version : The official caithness.org pub

Pages : 1 [2] 3

golach
17-Sep-08, 22:49
Hey cool gol - no probs - about time I bought a round! I will have a g&t myself - just to be sociable like! :)
Just the one Wifie, just the one [lol]

wifie
17-Sep-08, 22:53
Just the one Wifie, just the one [lol]
Aye I am only bein sociable after all! :roll:

teenybash
17-Sep-08, 22:54
Okay dokey folks...next round on me... then we can decide what category we fit intae. Tipsy, happy, drunk, sozzled, smashed, inebriated, slightly wobbly, dipsy, or something to do with a rats bum.....................:roll:

Anne x
17-Sep-08, 23:29
Had a coffee :lol:

joxville
18-Sep-08, 00:14
the cleaners will be in revolt

The cleaners are always revolting. [lol]

wifie
18-Sep-08, 02:01
The cleaners are always revolting. [lol]
When laguna gets back you better head for the hills!

teenybash
22-Sep-08, 12:52
Looking nice in here today. I'll have a wee quiet cuppa and then be on my way after a wee tidy here and there.

wifie
22-Sep-08, 14:42
Well I will just enjoy my coffee - no-one to talk to, no-one to play with, even the general has deserted us! ;)
Mmmmmmm Michael Buble on the radio - I wanna go home - sighssssssssssss.............................

golach
22-Sep-08, 20:34
Now who has just come back from their Hols? Emptied the Jukebox today found a lot of euro coins and owld Espanol pesetas [disgust]

Kathy@watten
22-Sep-08, 21:44
Definately a drinky night tonight we have obviously gone to war and nobody told me I was the main flight path, have had 4 whooshes and roars of fighters tonight and they have been less than welcome in their timing!....one large dram coming up!

wifie
22-Sep-08, 22:18
Is that the siren I hear? Och I am just gonna sit here and enjoy my wee Highland Park - I'll be warm if nothing else!

teenybash
22-Sep-08, 22:55
Lovely clear night, chilly though and very quiet.......mibbe hiv a wee toddy before toddling off.................

golach
01-Oct-08, 21:31
What a lovely clean place, seems a shame till dirty a glass, but I am thirsty, having pint, will wash my glass :lol:

Anne x
01-Oct-08, 23:30
Im just in was celebrating owld folk day well
maybe a hubby freebe day
gonna have a coffee and bed for me awe well
your not always -------------0

teenybash
03-Oct-08, 22:48
Glad the winds have died down, I will enjoy my wee cuppa and I think I'll treat masel to one o' those big cream buns............... Mmmmm, wonder who put the nice pictures on the walls...very classy.;)

teenybash
09-Oct-08, 23:04
Thought I wid just pop in tae get away from the financial doom and gloom.....and I've certainly hit the right time....everything free for a fortnight.....Hooray!!!!!!! C'mon folk join in the fun and lift your spirits.........[lol]

Anne x
09-Oct-08, 23:07
join you just been watching Question time need a coffee

floyed
13-Oct-08, 16:28
Drinking Stella and heving a egg mayo and ham sandwich mmmm:D

Anne x
28-Oct-08, 00:24
Had a wee look in no one about such a sad looking pub but very clean and tidy swept the leaves away from the door and helped myself payment in usual place ;)

wifie
28-Oct-08, 00:44
Dash it I missed the free fortnight! Not stoppin but you have made a lovely job of the doorstep Anne! :)

golach
28-Oct-08, 21:12
Is 'is e pub mentioned in the General Forum, 'e Commie? Then everything should be free, it belongs till us all [lol]

laguna2
01-Nov-08, 20:55
OK folks, prepare to party - Laguna2 is back :D

wifie
01-Nov-08, 20:58
Laguna WELCOME BACK! LET'S PARTY! :Razz :rolleyes: :p

laguna2
01-Nov-08, 21:02
Laguna WELCOME BACK! LET'S PARTY!

:D Hubby off abroad tomorrow - so will come back and party later ;) - perhaps tomorrow night? Lovely to be back though :D

wifie
01-Nov-08, 21:12
Oh no that means anarchy in the quiz! :roll:

golach
01-Nov-08, 21:27
OK folks, prepare to party - Laguna2 is back :D
Welcome back, your tips are still behind the bar, and the mop is behind the door in the Gents, you have been sorely missed [lol]

Anne x
02-Nov-08, 00:40
WB Pal you have had one long hol and been surely missed ;)

laguna2
02-Nov-08, 09:42
Welcome back, your tips are still behind the bar, and the mop is behind the door in the Gents, you have been sorely missed [lol]

Thanks for that Golach! Pleased to hear about the tips - but the state of the gents :roll:[mad]

laguna2
02-Nov-08, 09:43
Oh no that means anarchy in the quiz! :roll:

He he! Thanks for reminding me about the quiz wifie :D

Now, where's the dictionary - anarchy, anarchy ..... perhaps that means that I am really brainy?

laguna2
02-Nov-08, 09:44
WB Pal you have had one long hol and been surely missed ;)

Moving house was more complicated that we had thought! Got the keys to the new house and the next day hubby had to go to China - and was there for SEVEN weeks so I had to move in myself!!!!! He has only been home two weeks and is away again! However, we got broadband sorted out and reconnected yesterday ................... so time to chat again.

Anne x
02-Nov-08, 21:11
Moving house was more complicated that we had thought! Got the keys to the new house and the next day hubby had to go to China - and was there for SEVEN weeks so I had to move in myself!!!!! He has only been home two weeks and is away again! However, we got broadband sorted out and reconnected yesterday ................... so time to chat again.

At last your back once a sailor always a sailor lol

laguna2
03-Nov-08, 08:14
Ah well, time to tackle the cleaning in this place - did ANYONE even dust! [disgust]

Quick cuppa first and then I will roll up my sleeves and get on with things ....................

wifie
03-Nov-08, 10:20
Blimey I can see my face in the brass! :eek: Heavens that was scarey at this time of morning! I may have to have a nip of something in my coffee - for medicinal purposes of course! ;)

laguna2
03-Nov-08, 10:29
Glad that SOMEONE appreciates all my hard work!!!

Now, curtains down, washed and out to dry next!

WIFIE ... come back I want you to wash the carpets!! Wifie? Wifie?

golach
03-Nov-08, 10:55
Cheek, I scrubbed the carpet last month!!!!! [evil][lol]

laguna2
03-Nov-08, 17:19
That's as may be golach - and I do believe you - but there has obviously been some serious partying since then!!!!

;)

golach
03-Nov-08, 21:29
Pssst, laguna, I heard a rumour 'at two female regulars have been holding tap dancing and cookery lessons, in the Lounge. Can you imaging the mess that can make, if they do them at the same time :eek:

laguna2
03-Nov-08, 21:41
OK OK - so name them!! I will not have messy activities taking place behind my back - mind you, an invitation to join them could make all the difference ;)

teenybash
03-Nov-08, 21:49
Pssst, laguna, I heard a rumour 'at two female regulars have been holding tap dancing and cookery lessons, in the Lounge. Can you imaging the mess that can make, if they do them at the same time :eek:

Don't tell me you are turning into a tittle tattle.....shame on you, when it was you that suggested the whole idea because you wanted a bit of pizzaz in the cooking!!!!:cool:

Anne x
03-Nov-08, 22:30

ach well clipe I know nothing about tap dancing or cookery classes lol[lol]
maybe Salsa and Baking lol [lol] If the cap fits wear it
and I did clear the leaves from the door which wifie thanked me for

wifie
03-Nov-08, 23:35
If yer waitin on me to put pizzaz (or pizza z) in Annie's cooking wi my tap dancin you will be waitin a while! [lol] But who knows one day I could be puttin on the Ritz (crackers) if nibbles are required one night!

Anne x
04-Nov-08, 00:43
what you dont salsa wifie even for putting on the Ritz

wifie
04-Nov-08, 01:06
I have never salsaed but would be willing to give it a go if you could find some eligible gentlemen for dancing wi! :)

Anne x
04-Nov-08, 01:14
what Ere on E org Mmm not sure mind you a lot of dark Horses in here :lol: tongue in cheek of course

wifie
04-Nov-08, 01:16
Do tell Anne! :eek:

Anne x
04-Nov-08, 01:21
LOL and again I did say tongue in Cheek
maybe there are some Brendan Coles or Austin Healeys who knows
One can say are you Dancing [lol]

wifie
04-Nov-08, 01:22
LOL indeed one could! [lol]

And indeed it may be a pleasure to have the pleasure! [lol]

Anne x
04-Nov-08, 01:26
Pass ----------------------:lol:

wifie
04-Nov-08, 01:30
No much room in here for a viennese waltz . . . . [disgust]

laguna2
04-Nov-08, 03:00
... and here's me thinking salsa was something you ate with crisps!:o

We could always lift the carpet and put in a nice wooden floor and then we could dance to our hearts content. We will get golach on the case ... I have heard that he is good at DIY. If he gets a move on he could have our dance floor ready by the end of the week!!

OK girls, start nagging ... I mean encouraging.... golach to get started :lol:

golach
04-Nov-08, 09:44
http://www.tropicalglen.com/

Laguna, I fitted the Jukebox, but as far as DIY is concerned you will have to get another mug [lol] or Do It Yourself [lol]

laguna2
04-Nov-08, 09:50
Wow ... jukebox is great golach!

Hmmmmmmmmm now for the decorating ........ perhaps if we have a decorating party with lots of nibbles and drinks ??????????????????????????????????? ;)

laguna2
05-Nov-08, 18:52
Well, Well [disgust]

Amazing how folk disappear like snow off a dyke when there is work to be done!

If no-one will help with the decorating then I will choose the colours:evil

Pink walls, purple ceiling and a nice yellow carpet methinks? :cool:

Anyone have any other suggestions?

teenybash
05-Nov-08, 19:33
Never fear, Teenybash is her.....now take me to those pots of paint!!!!!:Razz

laguna2
06-Nov-08, 16:31
Ok, you choose what colour goes on the walls .... here is the paintbrush ....

I will be back later ..........................

teenybash
07-Nov-08, 00:24
I think we need to take a vote on the colour scheme....If I choose I'm bound to get it wrong and you know what that Golach is like at times...a wee grump here and a wee grump there but, a good soul at heart.
Come on everyone what colours and then I can get started.......:Razz

wifie
07-Nov-08, 00:30
OK tell me what you fancy Teenybash and I will give my opinion - as will the rest when they appear OR just give it a go - if golach doesn't like it he can wear sun glasses or something! :)

laguna2
07-Nov-08, 10:21
So my suggestion of pink, purple and yellow has spurred you all into action :evil

GOLACH give us your opinion - no guarantee that we will listen to it ... but you can always try :lol:

Ho Hum, just a quick dust round this morning then coffee :D

teenybash
09-Nov-08, 15:28
My, my we must get a move on and get the colour scheme sorted...despite Lagunas hard work the place is looking positively shabby....Plus I had to scrape up two Maories from behind the bar after celebrating their win...definately need a muscly barman!!!!;)

laguna2
13-Nov-08, 12:08
Don't fret Teeny ... not long until the vote is over and we can get started with the decorating!

I think you and I should interview for the barperson (that way we can have first choice ;) )

Hope the Maories have recovered from their celebrations! Next thing will be the South Africans ... assuming of course that they win ... perhaps it will be golach if we win! :lol:

teenybash
13-Nov-08, 23:51
It could be Laguna..............a bucket of cold water will soon get him to his feet.[lol]

laguna2
14-Nov-08, 10:00
oooooooooooo you are cruel Teeny!

Just a quick dust round today - no point in going mad if the place is being decorated soon?

Oi - who left this Maorie behind the bar with a straw connected to the whisky bottle [evil]

teenybash
14-Nov-08, 14:56
Couldn't move him Laguna....did ye see the size o' him. When I gave him a prod he shouted a hucka and I ran..................:Razz

wifie
14-Nov-08, 15:36
Did he stick his tongue out too? :eek:

teenybash
14-Nov-08, 16:08
He did an' the length o' the thing I could not believe.....I wis oot that door like grease lightening....................[lol]

laguna2
14-Nov-08, 20:25
At least we know that summat makes you move fast! :lol:

Right, I've chucked him out ... I mean asked him to leave so the floor is now clear.

What next?

laguna2
15-Nov-08, 16:21
PANIC .... Scotland is in the lead :) and there will be one heckuva party here tonight no matter who wins - Jocks and Bocks get on fine! :lol:

Quick wifie, teenybash ... help me put the paint away.

Golach ... make sure the bar is well stocked please!

Someone, anyone, peats on the fire.

;)

laguna2
15-Nov-08, 17:44
Aye well, we may have come second but we put up a good show!

Drinks all round ..........................

teenybash
15-Nov-08, 17:50
Well...what a crowd in here all in high spirits....that reminds me the optics are needin' changed...Where's Golach.............Oh I see him or should I say hear him, he's singin already!!!!![lol]

laguna2
15-Nov-08, 17:58
.. lots of folk will be singing by the end of the night! Might even be tempted to warble a song or two myself - at closing time when we want to clear the place :lol:

I'll put some peat on the fire if you'll sort the optics teeny ................:lol:

teenybash
15-Nov-08, 18:26
Prepare yourself......Just got word the Maoris and the Irish lads are jetting in after the game.......................:Razz

laguna2
15-Nov-08, 19:56
Oh heck - have we got enough Guiness to go round?? What do the Maoris drink - apart from anything they can get that is? :eek:

Are the Jocks and the 'Bocks behaving themselves - or are they enjoying themselves? :lol:

We really need more bar staff - perhaps we should give in to Golach and let him employ that barmaid!

teenybash
15-Nov-08, 21:34
Golach can employ anyone he likes....it's all hands on deck tonight, the whole place is lifting, rockin' and arollin'................;) [lol]

laguna2
15-Nov-08, 21:50
Let's boogy on down .................

Jings ... who threw that .... things are getting a little out of hand ... ouch! Their aim is getting better! Take the olives off the bar - they are using them as weapons!!!

Totally agree - if they can pour a drink and add up, Golach can employ them!

GOLACH ,,,, YOU WIN ... EMPLOY WHO YOU LIKE!

Now to try to get to the loo .... 'scuse me, 'scuse me' ouch that was my toe! 'scuse me ....................................

laguna2
16-Nov-08, 03:44
Wow! What a mess in here!

Ah well, I suppose I can forgive them ... they had a good party!

Oi .. Paddy .. put that juke box down ... they won't allow you on the plane with it anyway!

I'll clear up in the morning

night all

laguna2
18-Nov-08, 09:41
Gosh! It has been quiet in here over the last couple of days!

That's the tidying up done ... so perhaps people will come back.

laguna2
19-Nov-08, 17:30
:p ............................... :p

laguna2
20-Nov-08, 16:30
:confused

... wonder if I have to say "drinks are on me" to get the customers back? :confused:

laguna2
21-Nov-08, 23:17
Ok .... so the drinks are on me and I will also throw in a packet of crisps .... any takers?

laguna2
22-Nov-08, 00:10
... and if I add some pickled onions ....................

dirtywicker
22-Nov-08, 02:54
hi laguna thought id say hi u look lonley there [lol]

laguna2
22-Nov-08, 07:34
... at last ... a customer :D

... now what can I get you dirtywicker?

oh, he's fallen asleep! Ah well, I will just throw a rug over him ... coffee anyone?

laguna2
25-Nov-08, 13:02
Dirtywicker has gone .... place is empty.

Hmmmmmmmmmm getting dusty just through lack of use. Think I will close the curtains and put the lights off .........

... if anyone wants to use the pub, can you tidy up after you and put the lights out before you leave?

golach
01-Dec-08, 10:51
OooYah, Looked in, the place was in darkness!! :eek: Who left that Mop an Bucket in the middle of the floor? [evil]

laguna2
01-Dec-08, 11:03
Sorry :o I thought I had tidied it away!

Wonder if we should start to think about Christmas decorations? That would cheer the place up!:)

teenybash
05-Dec-08, 16:26
Who was driving the tractor and moved the peat stack............[evil]
I was scooped up into the air and dropped with the peat stack heaped on top of me......stuck there for weeks!!!!!! Not a soul searched for me, nor even missed me..................:~(.........I'll never be the same again :(

wifie
05-Dec-08, 16:43
Teeny you should have yer mobile with you at all times! :roll: So you mean you weren't off getting the tree?

teenybash
05-Dec-08, 19:30
Soon as I cleaned masel' up I rushed an' got the best tree there was......... Take a look a nicer tree you'll never see!!!!:Razz

wifie
05-Dec-08, 22:14
That is a superb specimen Teenybash! What a lovely job you have made of the decorations too but there is nothing on top! Any suggestions? :D

Anne x
06-Dec-08, 02:10
Who was driving the tractor and moved the peat stack............[evil]
I was scooped up into the air and dropped with the peat stack heaped on top of me......stuck there for weeks!!!!!! Not a soul searched for me, nor even missed me..................:~(.........I'll never be the same again :(

Best Laugh in weeks hope you okay now keep at it

teenybash
06-Dec-08, 19:56
Nothing on top Wifie?? There was a tatty looking auld fairy in the bottom of the box that would have put Lily Savage on a bad day to shame. I just couldn't bring myself to put it on the tree......besides my ladders weren't long enough.....................:eek:

wifie
06-Dec-08, 20:36
Sssssssssshhhhhhh teeny that was modelled on laguna in her hey day! :eek:

teenybash
07-Dec-08, 21:37
Well I never.....but I think the Christmas fairys face fell foul to the weight of the lump of coal from last New Year first foot....must have got chucked in with the decorations.................We will just have to get another, Laguna is bound to have a few of them.;)

laguna2
08-Dec-08, 16:05
Teenybash! Are you saying I look like Lily Savage [mad] ... I'll have you know that the model maker broke the mould after he made that one .. mind you I never did find out why he did that :confused

I reckon we should put a star on top this year ... Tom Cruise or Justin Timberwhatsit or thon guy that plays James Bond .........

Let's arrange a party for Christmas .... :lol:

wifie
08-Dec-08, 16:58
Oh I vote for Daniel Craig! :)

Venture
08-Dec-08, 18:49
....with a body like yon it has to be Austin from Strictly.;)

wifie
08-Dec-08, 20:59
Good point Venture! ;)

teenybash
09-Dec-08, 14:16
If you are going to adorn our beautiful Christmas tree with a 'man fairy' I suggest we have the real thing and go for Danny La Rue....................:confused

wifie
09-Dec-08, 15:45
Is he not a bit owld? John Barrowman! :D

Anne x
09-Dec-08, 15:49
Ats more like it :lol:

teenybash
09-Dec-08, 19:33
Barrowman.... Now he is one georgeous fairy I wouldn't mind flying off with....;)........................................ ............... Mutters to herself No point in thinking such thoughts when I have the peat buckets to fill so, get yer act together teenybash....:confused

golach
09-Dec-08, 22:48
There is an awful lot of peats being brought into the pub, strange? We have gas central heating now since 'e pub was done up. Is there a black market for peats on 'e Org?

wifie
09-Dec-08, 23:00
LOL! Teeny must be building a stack in the corner!

laguna2
10-Dec-08, 08:25
Shhhhhhhh don't tell Teeny about the central heating ... bringing in peats keeps her happy and taking them out again will drive her mad :evil

PS don't tell her that it was me who was driving the tractor ... well, I didn't know that she was at the other side of the stack did I? :o Or did I? :evil

teenybash
10-Dec-08, 14:35
Ahaah, so it was you Laguna who done the dastardly deed and had me holed up in the peat stack [disgust]... Never mind all is forgiven and shall never be mentioned again.
Now here's the surprise.....all these peats I have been carting in are for 'guess the number of peats in the stack' competition.......the entry books are on the bar, so start selling..all proceeds for the Best Christmas Bash at the org pub...................[lol]

laguna2
11-Dec-08, 11:21
Oh Teeny ... it is a lovely idea and every so good of you to bring in all those peats ... but why couldn't it have been something smaller we had to guess the number of ... I mean I can barely squeeze past them to get to the jukebox (and the first person who mentions weight gets a clip round the ear!)

However, seeing as they are here, we will definitely try to sell tickets and raise loadsa money!

Perhaps I should get some rope and mountaineering equipment set up and then we can climb over the stack ;)

Now, let's look for a likely mug .. er I mean customer, who will have a couple of guesses ....................

teenybash
11-Dec-08, 12:54
It's all down to 'therapy'... The result of my burial in the peat stack saw my heid become home to two spiders, a dung beetle and half a dozen centipedes............the trauma was too much. Everyone time I saw a peat I was having a fit of the heeby jeebies and associating them with creepy crawlies...........now when I see a peat I think of a Christmas party!!!!![lol]

teenybash
14-Dec-08, 23:56
Now lets see how these ticket sales are going....................*shocked expression and mouth hanging open* Well they've all been sold and the money box is full.
Suggestions please for the Christmas Party. eg Theme/Live band/disco etc........:Razz

Anne x
15-Dec-08, 00:46
Now lets see how these ticket sales are going....................*shocked expression and mouth hanging open* Well they've all been sold and the money box is full.
Suggestions please for the Christmas Party. eg Theme/Live band/disco etc........:Razz

Have we enough for Whisky the band or Red Hot Chilli Pipers

golach
15-Dec-08, 00:56
Have we enough for Whisky the band or Red Hot Chilli Pipers
The Pipers are my choice, but if the Proclaimers are no doing anything, I would not complain [lol]

Anne x
15-Dec-08, 01:07
The Pipers are my choice, but if the Proclaimers are no doing anything, I would not complain [lol]

Lol No and I can name another be happy with that choice

wifie
15-Dec-08, 01:08
Oh I vote for the Proclaimers too! :D

Anne x
15-Dec-08, 01:10
Sounds like Fun

laguna2
15-Dec-08, 11:44
Where's the hot toddy ... I feel rotten! :~(

Proclaimers would get my vote too by the way!

wifie
15-Dec-08, 22:30
Any toddy left? :(

teenybash
15-Dec-08, 23:42
Hot toddies coming up.......... My you pair look as if the blood has been drained from ye......Finish those up an' ye might need anither....just gimme a shout.

wifie
16-Dec-08, 10:11
Och teeny that was a great toddy - I am raring to go today! :D OK so we have sold all the tickets and the bash is on but who won and what is the prize? :confused

teenybash
16-Dec-08, 12:44
The prize was the left over peats....take a look they are all gone...all been shovelled up loaded and delivered to winner...never to be seen again,
Place all hoovered and cleaned ready for the party and there is even a new karaoke..............................We're havin' a party!![lol]

wifie
16-Dec-08, 16:15
Yay! Karaoke! :cool:

teenybash
16-Dec-08, 23:11
Right.... looks like the place is empty so, I'm going to have a go on the karaoke.
Ahem...just got to clear my throat.....''Alone a boy was standing..and when I asked him why.....he looked with eyes..................''
Oh no, somebody's coming, I hope they didn't hear anything....:confused....I'll just act all casual...

wifie
16-Dec-08, 23:27
:~( :~( :~(

Anne x
16-Dec-08, 23:52
Alexander Bros has to be nobodys child give Teenybash a free drink afore I throw up and have Di--h--O [lol]

wifie
16-Dec-08, 23:54
Oh blimey I wish you lot had not put that in my head! :~( :~( :~( That song has made me greet since ever I first heard it!

golach
16-Dec-08, 23:55
Canna hear the domino's chapping for the caterwalling :(

Anne x
17-Dec-08, 00:11
Canna hear the domino's chapping for the caterwalling :(

LOL poor Teenybash No more AB please or nobodys child its the season of Goodwill allegedly ;)

laguna2
17-Dec-08, 10:14
Any more toddy going? :(

Can we please have some cheery music?

You know what they say golach ... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em ... now what would you like to sing? ;)

wifie
17-Dec-08, 10:42
Laguna - golach has been too busy writin "literature" to be singing! (Not that I am a grass or anything!)

golach
17-Dec-08, 12:24
Oh Wifie, ye wee Klype ye :roll:..........just you wait, the next time your at the bar, I'll be drinking doubles [lol]

teenybash
17-Dec-08, 15:19
Golach....gie me the mic....let go.....:mad: I promise I'll only sing one more song..........[smirk] One, two, three....... ''Sleigh bells ring are you listening, in the lane snow is glistening, tra la la................''

golach
19-Dec-08, 21:12
Hey, its MAD Friday, an Wifie is on the bell, doubles all around, an Teeny, I am only holding on till 'e mike if I get till sing "Honky Tonk Angel" !!!!
Right all join in, "You wouldn't read the letters that I wrote you" All together[lol]

wifie
19-Dec-08, 22:05
Hey, its MAD Friday, an Wifie is on the bell, doubles all around, an Teeny, I am only holding on till 'e mike if I get till sing "Honky Tonk Angel" !!!!
Right all join in, "You wouldn't read the letters that I wrote you" All together[lol]
Get with it Grandad! Singin songs about snail mail! [lol]

teenybash
20-Dec-08, 00:08
Okay Wifie, the mic is in your hand so gives us a belter an' I'll top up the glasses....................:Razz

wifie
20-Dec-08, 00:10
"Oh Flower of Scotland! . . . . . "

golach
20-Dec-08, 09:45
"Cawld Winter was howling oer moor and oer mountain".............................

teenybash
21-Dec-08, 00:40
"Oh Flower of Scotland! . . . . . "

Oh my lord, Wifie has thrown her hair net tae the wind and is fair blastin'.... :rolleyes: She'll be needin' a wee toddy tae lubricate her vocals......:Razz

wifie
21-Dec-08, 01:29
Oh gies at toddy teeny I am feelin 'e cowld comin on! :( (I have no need for a hair net - it was Anne x's rain mate she left it behind when she went off on her hols - I found it on the floor!)

teenybash
25-Dec-08, 12:39
Aah....nice and quiet at the moment....I'll enjoy a nice glass of mulled wine before everyone starts to arrive for Christmas dinner.......

Bobbyian
25-Dec-08, 15:43
door opens with the wind then slams shut !!! did someone say CHRISTMAS DINNER i´m famished.. whats on?.... and pour a pint while yer tellin me Thanks

teenybash
25-Dec-08, 17:55
Hello there Bobbyian, sit yourself down and enjoy your pint.....Mind and leave room for your dinner and here it is, pipin' hot................Merry Christmas.....
Right folks, grab a seat and we'll have your food with you in a jiffy.
[Whew.....where did this lot cum fae??]

laguna2
28-Dec-08, 15:28
:roll: Trust me to be too late for Christmas dinner :mad: Was it good? Did everyone enjoy it? Was there enough? Is there any left?

teenybash
30-Dec-08, 22:45
Not a crumb left for poor Laguna......Must make sure there is plenty for New Years Day.
Now let's get on with organizing Hogmanay........There's gonna be one heck of a party..Traa laa di dum di...:D

laguna2
31-Dec-08, 17:07
Hmph .. must try to be first in the queue for New Year dinner!

teenybash
01-Jan-09, 14:04
The Org Pub is filled with the aroma of a New Years dinner to die for........Laguna will not be disappointed.
Everything perfect....except for the kilted piper who is still out for the count......no one can doubt he is a True Scotsman.......[lol]

laguna2
01-Jan-09, 16:09
:o indeed ... a true Scotsman :o

... and the dinner is absolutely fantastic .. well done that cook!

Cheers everyone, and all the best for 2009, let's hope it is a good one!

laguna2
08-Jan-09, 12:48
Jings! Everyone must either have signed the pledge or have one massive hangover! No visitors and the place is so tidy!!!!!!

teenybash
08-Jan-09, 16:19
Yoo hoooo.......I'm over here having a quiet cup of coffee.....I've poured you one and there is a nice bit o' gateau........
Make the most of the peace and quiet as there is a darts squad arriving soon...............

laguna2
09-Jan-09, 15:08
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm cake was lovely - coffee was a bit cold but never mind.

Darts squad? Where are they coming from? Do we need to do a buffet for them?

laguna2
12-Jan-09, 08:42
Where's all these darts players? My sandwiches are starting to curl at the edges!

golach
13-Jan-09, 12:31
Its a wifies darts team, they are always late :cool:

laguna2
13-Jan-09, 12:36
... but when they arrive it will have been worth the wait! ;)

laguna2
15-Jan-09, 16:50
... any one want a drink - on the house!

teenybash
16-Jan-09, 21:14
I think I'll have a small one thank you very much. Just think we are going to have a proper name.......Might need to put it to a vote on the General, what do you think? :)

laguna2
18-Jan-09, 10:48
Defintely a vote ... but I don't know how to do that ... perhaps you do teeny?

laguna2
22-Jan-09, 17:42
Gin and tonic, vodka, blackcurrant and lemonade and a bottle of champers please barman!

Golach is paying (hibee and wifie tiold me to say that!)

golach
22-Jan-09, 20:06
Will ye want straws as well, an a cherry?:roll:

Hibeechick
22-Jan-09, 20:29
Gin and tonic, vodka, blackcurrant and lemonade and a bottle of champers please barman!

Golach is paying (hibee and wifie tiold me to say that!)

erm I dont think I had anything to do with it lol

laguna2
23-Jan-09, 08:58
Yes plese golach and an umbrella for wifie's gin too ... and hibee chick was in on this ... honest!

teenybash
27-Jan-09, 23:42
There's a drink on the table by the fire for gilllian17..........enjoy.:)

Anne x
28-Jan-09, 00:29
LOL Gosh I need my first foot drink of the year folks you in ?

golach
28-Jan-09, 00:31
Under the till, to the left Anne and you will find it, Happy New Year!!!

Anne x
28-Jan-09, 02:27
Under the till, to the left Anne and you will find it, Happy New Year!!!

thank You Golach and thanks folks for the rest of them Im off to my bed now smirking !!!

laguna2
28-Jan-09, 08:30
Hmmmm looks like Anne x had a little party to herself last night! :confused Ah well, at least she tidied up after herself! :) Wonder how her head is this morning :lol:

Anne x
28-Jan-09, 13:33
My head fine thanks Laguna 2 was wide awake watching the Tennis ;)

laguna2
28-Jan-09, 14:22
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.. that is your story and you are sticking to it! [lol]

Anne x
28-Jan-09, 14:55
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.. that is your story and you are sticking to it! [lol]

LOL Aye !!! --------------;)

laguna2
01-Feb-09, 17:08
Nice one anne x - I like a woman who stands by her convictions! lol :lol:

Anne x
04-Feb-09, 02:42
Had a wee look in just now Its ok laguna tidied up a lot of Birthday candles still to be collected Laguna lol

laguna2
04-Feb-09, 08:57
Collected up the candles Anne x ..........

will put them in a safe place ready for you and wifie :lol:

Coffee now I think ... now where did I put the clean cup ......

golach
04-Feb-09, 09:44
A brand new concessionary bus pass was found in the bar after Laguna's party, it has been left in the office [lol]

laguna2
04-Feb-09, 16:31
Well it wasn't mine!!!!! :o

Anne x
05-Feb-09, 01:05
Well it wasn't mine!!!!! :o

No nor mine a wee whilie yet :lol:

laguna2
05-Feb-09, 09:06
Mysterious that, isn't it ... a bus pass with no owner. Oi wait a minute - it has gone!! Someone has claimed it on the quiet!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... must find out how to apply for one . No, I mean myst find out who that one belonged to :o

teenybash
20-Feb-09, 01:36
Laguna must still be trying to find the answer to the mysterious bus pass......Anyway, I am in for a nice bit of peace and quiet and enjoying a nice wee cuppa tea. Nice in here peaceful, pleasant, homely.....Mmmm.....Zzzzzzzzzz......

laguna2
23-Feb-09, 20:23
TEENY ... WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

golach
23-Feb-09, 20:32
Aboot time the cleaner turned up, just left us in the lurch, she left some cryptic message about Grandchildren, I never knew she was that owld :eek:

joxville
23-Feb-09, 20:47
Golach, I suppose we better clean up before the evening rush starts.

golach
23-Feb-09, 20:55
Jox, I have left the Ladies to you, I have done the rest [lol]

joxville
23-Feb-09, 21:00
You should know me by now-I'm only too happy to service the ladies. ;)

golach
23-Feb-09, 21:19
You should know me by now-I'm only too happy to service the ladies. ;)
It is just a cleaner that is needed, not a plumber [lol] so put your toolbag away, and grab a mop an pail

teenybash
23-Feb-09, 23:42
TEENY ... WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Yes........Hmph..somebody said something.I am wide awake just resting my eyelids. [smirk]

Mmmm this place is looking spic and span......pity about the ladies loo though......looks like a Jox job in there...

joxville
24-Feb-09, 16:53
Not mine...I flushed the loo.

teenybash
25-Feb-09, 20:49
Where's my rubber gloves................

joxville
25-Feb-09, 21:05
wifie is using them tae milk a coo.

teenybash
25-Feb-09, 21:50
I hope she's washed oot the pail!!:eek:

Anne x
26-Feb-09, 01:44
Pail Spick and Span I cleaned up after me as well
Gosh it was quiet in there the night just me on my lonesome ;)

golach
26-Feb-09, 01:47
I was sitting quietly in the corner Anne x, minding my own business, and reading the Financial Times and last sundays Edition o the Sunday Post....and you never let on, and you missed a bit

Anne x
26-Feb-09, 01:50
I was sitting quietly in the corner Anne x, minding my own business, and reading the Financial Times and last sundays Edition o the Sunday Post....and you never let on, and you missed a bit

You quiet I right :lol: I had no spectacles with me maybe thats it

wifie
26-Feb-09, 10:27
wifie is using them tae milk a coo.

You don't need rubber gloves to milk a coo!

teenybash
26-Feb-09, 12:04
You don't need rubber gloves to milk a coo!

Just leave Jox with his fantasy...it'll keep him quiet for a while.[lol]

golach
26-Feb-09, 12:13
Leave Jox alone....maybe he has got udder things on his mind [lol]

wifie
26-Feb-09, 16:44

Eugh! :eek:

teenybash
01-Mar-09, 13:07
Well, well, must start the spring cleaning tomorrow but, for now I will enjoy my wee cuppa. Kettle is freshly boiled folks...........

wifie
01-Mar-09, 14:25
Am I too late for a cup Mrs Doyle emm I mean teeny?

teenybash
01-Mar-09, 15:20
Ach wifie, you are never too late for a cuppa when I'm around.....and in a nice china cup aswell.:D

wifie
01-Mar-09, 15:24
Oh now I like that!

Hibeechick
01-Mar-09, 15:38
Whats the best thing to get rid of a hangover? lol.

No hair of the dog though please. Don't think I could stomach it!!

wifie
01-Mar-09, 15:45
A bacon roll and a cup of tea from teeny!

Hibeechick
01-Mar-09, 16:54
A bacon roll and a cup of tea from teeny!

Had the bacon roll, usually have a bottle of irn bru aswell but forgot to stock up :(

teenybash
01-Mar-09, 19:19
Had the bacon roll, usually have a bottle of irn bru aswell but forgot to stock up :(

You don't need to stock up when you come in here......There is plenty Irn Bru. Go away and get yourself one....it'll help if you're feeling a bit hungover and sit down before you fall down......... here this is a nice comfy seat and get your toes wiggling in front of the fire.;)

Hibeechick
01-Mar-09, 19:41
You don't need to stock up when you come in here......There is plenty Irn Bru. Go away and get yourself one....it'll help if you're feeling a bit hungover and sit down before you fall down......... here this is a nice comfy seat and get your toes wiggling in front of the fire.;)

Aaah thanks Teeny, just what I was needing. Feelings loads better now! Thanks!!

laguna2
02-Mar-09, 08:45
Hangover Hibee? Now I wonder what you were celebrating?

so ... now to the spring clean - any volunteers? I will start with the windows using my trusty e-cloths :D

Hibeechick
02-Mar-09, 09:43
Hangover Hibee? Now I wonder what you were celebrating?

so ... now to the spring clean - any volunteers? I will start with the windows using my trusty e-cloths :D

Was my friends 30th. They thought it was a good idea to have a pub crawl... I was in places on Sat night ive never been before im my life lol.

laguna2
02-Mar-09, 13:10
thought that it was celebrating how well you did in the quiz hibee :lol:

As long as you can remember the placeds you had never been in before ... then there is hope for you yet lol

Hope you are feeling better by now!

Hibeechick
02-Mar-09, 15:29
thought that it was celebrating how well you did in the quiz hibee :lol:

As long as you can remember the placeds you had never been in before ... then there is hope for you yet lol

Hope you are feeling better by now!

hehe I had a lovely cup of peach tea to celebrate my win.

Feeling waaaaaaaaaaaaay better now thanks :)

joxville
02-Mar-09, 23:33
Hmmm......this place smell a bit musty, and the carpet is fousum. When was the last time it was cleaned?

teenybash
03-Mar-09, 00:11
Never was there a foosty smell in the Pub...this place is spotless.....I doubt you must have forgot to change your socks again Jox.......[lol]

laguna2
03-Mar-09, 08:51
Spring cleaning has started - I have done the windows and we are looking for volunteers to help out. So, Joxy, the carpet cleaner is over in the corner, the instructions for it are on the bar .... get to it!!

golach
03-Mar-09, 10:22
Hmmm......this place smell a bit musty, and the carpet is fousum. When was the last time it was cleaned?
hmmph, if there is a musty smell, maybe it was left there by the last one that tried to clean the Ladies.....now who was that again?:~(

wifie
03-Mar-09, 12:23
Spring cleaning has started - I have done the windows and we are looking for volunteers to help out. So, Joxy, the carpet cleaner is over in the corner, the instructions for it are on the bar .... get to it!!

Tsk Tsk Laguna - yer expectin a MAN to use the instructions!!! [lol]

laguna2
03-Mar-09, 15:33
Tsk Tsk Laguna - yer expectin a MAN to use the instructions!!! [lol]

:o ... I forgot - men don't read instructions they just barge ahead and break things :o

Perhaps we should ask him to do something simpler ... like .. ermmm .. ermmm .. like ... well ... let me think .. just leave it to us!

golach
04-Mar-09, 22:18
Joxy, the carpet cleaner is over in the corner, the instructions for it are on the bar .... get to it!!
No need for a carpet cleaner, the wooden floors have been sanded, stained and varnished, sorry for the smell, it will go, in a few hours, and the musty smell has been eradicated, Jox had left a dirty cloot in a pail in the ladies, the last time he was there. [disgust]

laguna2
05-Mar-09, 09:15
No need for a carpet cleaner, the wooden floors have been sanded, stained and varnished, sorry for the smell, it will go, in a few hours, and the musty smell has been eradicated, Jox had left a dirty cloot in a pail in the ladies, the last time he was there. [disgust]

What would we do without you golach? You are a star! Do you think that Joxy was trying to jinx the pub ... or was it a genuine mistake.

Floor looks good already ... we must think about getting some new curtains to brighten the place up.

laguna2
06-Mar-09, 15:48
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... nice to sit down in pleasant surroundings. Think I will light the fire - bit chilly outside.

Now for some coffee .... anyone else for a cuppa?

teenybash
06-Mar-09, 16:17
Oh yes please a nice cuppa is just what the doctor ordered.....floors look great and just look at the sheen on them with the glow from the fire......and not a squashed olive in sight.....;)

laguna2
06-Mar-09, 17:33
... nor a crumb from a scone!

Hope your cuppa is to your liking. Nice just to relax .............

laguna2
11-Mar-09, 10:06
.. kettle is on golach .. take a seat in your favourite armchair ... might even have some scones to offer you ..... ;)

golach
11-Mar-09, 10:14
.. kettle is on golach .. take a seat in your favourite armchair ... might even have some scones to offer you ..... ;)
no fussy about the scones, now if you had a morsel of two of Crowdie and bannocks, then you would have my full attention

laguna2
11-Mar-09, 10:30
.. on my way to the shops golach for crowdie and bannocks - let's have a nice we rest and enjoy early "elevenses" :D

teenybash
11-Mar-09, 15:08
Och now, isn't it great to have the owl peat fire roaring again...........and no more peat stack but, a nice new shed to store them in...............Now I wonder who put it up and left a new wheelbarrow??:roll:
Now where's the griddle til I get some pancakes on the go?

laguna2
11-Mar-09, 16:37
Mmmmmmmmm hot pancakes and butter .......................

teenybash
11-Mar-09, 17:09
Mmmmmmmmm hot pancakes and butter .......................

Watch now you're dripping butter all over your tee shirt............you're worse than Golach, I had to tie a bib on him.[lol]

laguna2
12-Mar-09, 08:29
:o perhaps I need a bib too! Ah well into the washing machine with the t-shirt and I will add some of that vanish stuff - believe it works wonders!

Gosh! Your pancakes are good teeny! Perhaps we should have a baking competition and after we have awarded the prizes we could eat everything :D

teenybash
17-Mar-09, 15:57
Oh my lord, who left this pile of dirty bibs lying...................?[disgust]

laguna2
17-Mar-09, 16:53
:o sorry! Meant to tidy up when we finished :o

laguna2
21-Mar-09, 15:34
Quiet in here .... everyone must be out enjoying the lovely weather.

Ah well, time for a little one before I watch the rugby on TV .... anyone else like one?

teenybash
21-Mar-09, 16:02
A nice cup of tea would just be the thing......I'll join you in watching the rugby....all those men, shorts,rippling, muscles...............OOooo mustn't get carried away.;)

joxville
21-Mar-09, 17:12
shorts,rippling, muscles...............OOooo mustn't get carried away.;)

Are you dreaming of me again? [lol]

laguna2
21-Mar-09, 17:16
Are you dreaming of me again? [lol]

I doubt it very much Joxy!!!! :lol:

laguna2
22-Mar-09, 09:31
Hmmmmmmmmm .. better tidy up in herer - looks like a few people have been drowning their sorrows after yesterday's rugby match!

teenybash
22-Mar-09, 22:47
Hmmmmmmmmm .. better tidy up in herer - looks like a few people have been drowning their sorrows after yesterday's rugby match!

They were until the Irish crowd arrived and it turned into a huge clebration bash the likes ye have never seen.........what a hooly there was... Guinness flowed like Niagra Falls, fiddlers fiddled, fluters fluted and singers sang songs like there was no tomorrow. I bet Jox wishes there wasn't. Last I saw of him, he was lying on his back singing, Paddy McGinty's Goat!!!! Drunk as a stoat he was.[lol]

laguna2
23-Mar-09, 09:41
... there will be sore heads and empty wallets this morning then!
:lol:

I am sure if we try really hard we will find some tenuous connection between us and the victorious Irish! ;)

didn't take too long to tidy round ... worst thing was moving he who shall be nameless from behind the sofa ... he was fast asleep when I found him! :lol:

Anne x
29-Mar-09, 01:12
just been I no one around ah well that be Scotland sunk again -----------------footie this time no the rugby lol

laguna2
30-Mar-09, 08:10
... I wonder if there is a World Cup Competition for croquet? Perhaps we would have a better chance in that!!

Ach well, perhaps things will be better on Wednesday ......

Anyone want a cuppa?

laguna2
21-Apr-09, 16:18
Everyone must have given up drink!!!!!! :eek:

golach
21-Apr-09, 20:08
Its Easter, the period of Lent......we all signed the pledge for a month :(

teenybash
21-Apr-09, 22:16
My, my what a fousty smell in here......must open the windows and let in some fresh air.
I doubt Jox has left his dirty socks again...whew!![disgust]

golach
21-Apr-09, 22:28
My, my what a fousty smell in here......must open the windows and let in some fresh air.
I doubt Jox has left his dirty socks again...whew!![disgust]

Its the smell drifting from 'at ither establishment, it smells like the fishmarket, whats its name again?[lol]

teenybash
21-Apr-09, 23:35
Its the smell drifting from 'at ither establishment, it smells like the fishmarket, whats its name again?[lol]

Is it the over 51's club or something similar......;)

laguna2
22-Apr-09, 09:14
Smells a bit fresher in here now ....

I thought Lent was over!

Anne x
22-Apr-09, 13:08
It is !! ---------------:lol:

laguna2
22-Apr-09, 13:46
So, Lent is over .... how long til your month is up golach?

Think I will put the kettle on.

teenybash
23-Apr-09, 00:08
Mmmmm, nice new kettle...someone's splashed the cash....Ooooo and look at those cakes. Must put the new kettle on and have a nice cuppa....C'mon everyone lets do a bit of comfort eating. I bags the chocolate eclair.;)

golach
23-Apr-09, 09:19
How are we going to make a profit here, the takings from the Juke box are down, and who has been to China lately? There's a a lot of pound sized Chinese coins in it.
Teeny we are a Licensed premises lol (Cakes an Tea), My period of Lent is over Laguna, and I did wash up my pint glasses

laguna2
23-Apr-09, 09:42
China? :o I don't know anyone who has been in China recently .. are you sure they are Chinese?

Glad to see that the place has been left so tidy ... saves me the cleaner a job.

Wonder if thon dive nightclub over the road is taking our customers away? :confused

Invisible
23-Apr-09, 15:43
Do you provide Strongbow in here? If so put me down for a pint

laguna2
23-Apr-09, 16:19
Strongbow - no bother .... over on the shelf on the right.

Invisible
23-Apr-09, 16:25
Strongbow - no bother .... over on the shelf on the right.

yes! thats made my day

laguna2
23-Apr-09, 16:25
Not too much now, it is early yet!

teenybash
23-Apr-09, 17:36
Teeny we are a Licensed premises lol (Cakes an Tea),

We sure are..that's why a little of what ye fancy in a nice cuppa tea does ye the power of good... and ye can't get that in a tearoom....[lol]

laguna2
24-Apr-09, 11:50
Shhhhhhhhh Tenny, be careful! "Laced" tea out of hours might get us closed down!

Of course, we are very law abiding citizens so wouild not dream of breaking the law ;)