PDA

View Full Version : How grammatically correct are you?

DrSzin
29-Jan-05, 15:25
I might get lynched for posting this, but there has been a lot of discussion about grammar and punctuation on here recently, so let's all find out how good (or bad) we are.

Have a shot at this quiz (http://quizilla.com/users/BaalObsidian/quizzes/How%20grammatically%20correct%20are%20you%3F%20(Re vised%20with%20answer%20key)) and let us all know how you get on.

Before anyone asks -- no, I didn't get them all right. [disgust]

The quiz's rating system appears to be more sophisticated than I first thought. You can get a few difficult questions wrong and still be a Grammar God, but it seems to penalise you harshly for a single elementary error. It's more like real life than a school test. :D

Julia
29-Jan-05, 15:34
my results...

"You are a MASTER of the English language!"

"Huzzah. While your English is not exactly perfect, you are still more grammatically correct than just about every American. Others admire the way you speak and could learn a lot from listening to you. Still, there is always room for improvement..."

I got 18 / 20 :D

Rheghead
29-Jan-05, 15:45
i am a grammar god

20/20

:cool:

KitKat
29-Jan-05, 16:56
Wow, I'm a grammar God!

Thanks Hector Sutherland, Andrew Robertson and all the primary teachers!!

highlander2222
29-Jan-05, 16:59
Master Of The English Language :D :D

gunnlass
29-Jan-05, 18:32
Grammar God. :D :D

Just shows it's in there somewhere!

Jenni
29-Jan-05, 18:49
Grammer God ;) :)

girniegoe
29-Jan-05, 18:59
It's a cracker
You are a GRAMMAR GOD!

Thanks John Ross - they say long term memory is the last to go!!

dragonfly
29-Jan-05, 20:46
You are a MASTER of the English language!

Huzzah. While your English is not exactly perfect, you are still more grammatically correct than just about every American. Others admire the way you speak and could learn a lot from listening to you. Still, there is always room for improvement... :D

kenimac1
29-Jan-05, 21:24
Grammar God!!!
Thank you Horny and Wick High!

~~Tides~~
29-Jan-05, 21:49
Grammer God,

But I went to Wick High School, that cant be right? :confused

Rheghead
29-Jan-05, 22:10
Grammer God,

But I went to Wick High School, that cant be right? :confused

That you may be, a spelling God, you are not!! [lol]

Riffman
29-Jan-05, 22:37
You are a MASTER of the English language!

Huzzah. While your English is not exactly perfect, you are still more grammatically correct than just about every American. Others admire the way you speak and could learn a lot from listening to you. Still, there is always room for improvement...

Hmmm [disgust] who cares? I'm a stuuuuuudent and I have MS Word Grammer checker, mwuhahahahahahahaha!!!! [lol]

Moira
30-Jan-05, 00:32
Nice one Dr Szin

I am a Grammar God - YEE HAH ! Oops - getting carried away now! :lol:

Gosh - thank you Wick High School - Miss Sinclair & Miss Milne

embow
30-Jan-05, 01:48
Missed out on qs 19 but otherwise sound and still in WHS! :confused :lol:

mysophales
30-Jan-05, 02:08
You are a GRAMMAR GOD!

Congratulations! If your mission in life is not already to preserve the English tongue, it should be. You can smell a grammtical inaccuracy from fifty yards. Your speech is revered by the underlings, though some may blaspheme and call you a snob. They're just jealous. Go out there and change the world.

Tugmistress
30-Jan-05, 03:53
Grammar god here too :D
nice to know i am trying to tech the child the right stuff :D

htwood
30-Jan-05, 04:11
Grammar Goddess here. But I have never ever actually said the sentence in #4! -H

Issy2
30-Jan-05, 07:29
You are a GRAMMAR GOD!

Congratulations! If your mission in life is not already to preserve the English tongue, it should be. You can smell a grammtical inaccuracy from fifty yards. Your speech is revered by the underlings, though some may blaspheme and call you a snob. They're just jealous. Go out there and change
:o) :o) :o) :o)

Naefearjustbeer
30-Jan-05, 10:17
Hmm I cant repeat the word that it called me as this is a family based site and young children might be reading my posts. Needless to say it is questioning my parentage [mad] ! and what I do to the english language.
Good job I am Scottish :D.
See its not only the literate ones that are prepared to post the results. The dumbos like me can as well.

katarina
30-Jan-05, 11:48
I am a grammar god!

nessman
30-Jan-05, 12:13
:D Grammar God apparently. :D

highlander2222
30-Jan-05, 13:17
Try again now i am a grammer god :D :D

golach
30-Jan-05, 15:56
Me a "Grammar God" nah!!!! never