PDA

View Full Version : Food Allergy Testing

TudorRose
17-Sep-12, 12:07
Hi,

I wondered if anyone on the org. knows of anywhere in Caithness that does food allergy testing?

Further, if there is anywhere that does this testing, would you recommend them?

Finally, would you have any idea of cost?

Thank you for any helpful replies I receive. Please PM me, if you want your responses to be private.

TudorRose :)

Niall Fernie
17-Sep-12, 12:33
When I suspected I had an allergy to Chocolate, I spoke to my GP who was very helpful and had a sample of blood tested. Turned out I have a small allergy to cow's milk proteins. However a wider test for general allergies was not available due to the sheer number of things that can be tested for. GP did say however to come back if I felt I was having a reaction to something else as the test also showed that I have a large allergy to something but did not reveal what in particular. So it looks like if you have a general idea of what allergies might be involved the GP would be a good place to start especially as it's free.

TudorRose
17-Sep-12, 13:04
Hi Niall,

Thank you for your helpful reply. It is actually for a family member, who despite treatment for a medical condition, still suffers extreme tiredness. I wondered if allergy testing might show up others reasons for this. In which case a change of diet might be beneficial.

Thank you once again, for your prompt reply.

cptdodger
17-Sep-12, 14:12
I have sent you a PM TudorRose.

TudorRose
17-Sep-12, 14:27
Hi cptdodger,

Thank you for your PM, I've just replied.

JoSu
17-Sep-12, 21:20
I think the woman from The Flower Patch in Wick is about to begin offering this service. Would phone to check though.

TudorRose
18-Sep-12, 14:27
Hi JoSu,

Thank you for your reply. I will look into this.

Best wishes,