PDA

View Full Version : when your pet dies

andrew.bowles30
16-Sep-12, 14:32
its so hard to take our hearts are breaking for the love of our pet she passed away this week and it hurts so much its like we have lost one of the family and we are not now a full family i know it will get better but life is so cruel she was not an old dog we will miss her so much :~( life will never be the same without you lucky god bless you keep safe were ever you may be if there is a heaven you have a place you left paw prints on our heart and our lives have changed for ever:~(

billmoseley
16-Sep-12, 15:01
They are one of the family very sad what has happened .Maybe in a few months you will get another plenty out there that nedd a loving caring home

andrew.bowles30
16-Sep-12, 15:08
hi thanks i dont know if i can go through this again even though we have our other dog which is older this hurts too much

cezzy1234
16-Sep-12, 15:28
i am really sorry for your loss i know how sad it can be my mum had to put hear dog down a few months ago and we
had had them for 10 years..

Spud
16-Sep-12, 15:42
I am so sorry about your loss. I have had to have 2 dogs put to sleep in the last few weeks. Dusty was 17 and Meg was 18 years old. They had been with us such a long time and I miss them so much. It will get easier in time and I always say that I won't have another dog as I don't want to go through the sadness again but life just isn't the same without them.

Commore
16-Sep-12, 15:50
hi thanks i dont know if i can go through this again even though we have our other dog which is older this hurts too much

All of our dogs live to a ripe old age, most of them 17years and over and it is so sad when they go, and yes it hurts like hell, but the hurt will pass and you'll remember all the good times you had with her,
we say "never again" every time we lose one, or there shall never be another as good as..the one you loved and lost, but for people like you and people like me who love their dogs there will always be room for another when the pain goes away.
You are in our thoughts,
:)

gmcborgie
16-Sep-12, 16:54
I have lost a number of furry, hairy and feathered friends over the years. This poem brought me comfort as I hope it does to you.

We hoped this time would never come, we'd hoped to not be here but time & tide could wait no more to raise our greatest fear,
for friend you were but never spoke could make us laugh & cry, we'll always remember the happy times, but now there only one thing left to say & that's thanks old friend goodnight xxxx

I don't know who wrote it but it brings a tear every time I read it.

Iffy
16-Sep-12, 17:54
Really feel for you and also the others who have replied to this thread and can understand the sheer pain of saying "Goodbye My Friend"

We lost our cat of 18 years in February and my Dad lost his 17 year old dog in June........absoutely heartbreaking !! :~( :~(

Thinking of you and your family at this very sad time. x

nicnak
16-Sep-12, 21:40
I hope your hurts ease soon hun , it never goes away but time does ease it. x

JimH
17-Sep-12, 08:40
If you back track through the pet section you will see that many people including us with "Brodie" have lost pets, and it is like losing a child. However, there are a lot of Dogs needing homes out there and like us you will end up with one. Scott has brought us untold pleasure, and we happily compare his antics with Brodie, Ben, Sadie, Jade, Tessa, and Beauty. We are both over 70, but will always find a place for our Border Collies. I feel for you at the moment, but know you will come back for more. Most dog lovers do. Bless you.

Liz
17-Sep-12, 10:54
My sincere condolences on the loss of your beloved Lucky. :(

It absolutely breaks your heart and all of us who have lost much loved pets will know the pain you are going through right now.
This is the price we pay for loving them but they are worth it!

Whilst you can never 'replace' Lucky maybe, in time, you can open your heart and home to some wee dog who needs your love.

veekay
17-Sep-12, 11:54
It is always sad when we lose a pet Andy, it doesn't matter how many times it happens it is the same. The very saddest part is that a lot of people don't understand just what the loss means to we animal people. I hope these lovely posts have helped and I agree with Liz, you will never replace Lucky but out there, when you are ready, there will be a dog looking just for you.

andrew.bowles30
18-Sep-12, 09:30
i wish to thank every one for the kind words my heart still hurting but with time it will pass as you say i will never forget lucky :~(
below is something i found for all dog lovers that have lost our pets
The Animals' Eden (Anonymous)

The Animal's Eden is a huge, beautiful walled garden where all pets go until such time as their human companions can join them. Only pet animals go to this walled garden and there are other special places for all the other animals, and especially beautiful places for animals that have suffered while on Earth and whose souls need peace and healing before they can move on. The garden is full of lawns and hedges, flower borders and shrubberies, wildflower meadows and patios of red brick. All of this is surrounded by a wall, just like a Middle Ages English garden, but much, much larger. The wall is not to keep the animals in and the garden is so huge that none of them feel as though they are in any way enclosed. And in any case there is a special gate, but I will come to that later.

In the Animal's Eden all the pets that have passed over and are waiting for their special human are free to do what they want, and because it is a heavenly place, none of them want to do anything that harms their animal friends. The horses and ponies graze and gallop in the meadows. The dogs romp on the lawns and sniff in the shrubberies. The cats lounge on the patios, basking in the sunshine, or take their ease in the dappled shade of trees. Birds are no longer caged, but fly free in the trees, eating the plentiful fruit and seeds. None of them actually feel hungry, but are provided with heavenly food if they wish so that they can eat without harming the others waiting alongside them. The garden is full of every kind of animal that has ever been a pet and which has someone special it wishes to wait for.

There is a special arch in the garden wall, the sort of brick arch which might have held a wrought iron gate in earthly gardens. Sometimes one or more of the animals gets a funny feeling, a bit like butterflies in the tummy. Those animals stop their playing or basking and make their way to the arched gate. Something special is about to happen. When they reach the gate they can see that their special human is walking towards the gate. Then, because the Animals' Eden is a place for animals only, those animals can walk through the arch to join their human friend(s) and walk together in the sunshine on the next stage of their souls' journey. For although the garden is a beautiful and happy place, there is nothing more joyful than a reunion between dear friends who have been apart too long.
:~(:~(