PDA

View Full Version : Help please

SoapyBubbles
13-Sep-12, 11:37
Hello i was wondering if anyone knew of any premises available in Thurso for hiring that would meet these requirements. e.g Church halls

Hiring available on a Thursday night for about 2 hours
Clean and warm
Easy parking
Seat about 50 people
Easy access (no big stairs ect)

Any help or ideas would be appreciated :) Thank you

poppett
13-Sep-12, 13:54
Thurso Club on Janet Street perhaps?

tennents
13-Sep-12, 14:02
I know the Thurso Club wont do it as i had planned my wedding dance there but due to them having bingo that night they said they wouldnt do it! If its for next thursday the legion is out of bounds too, But maybe the park hotel or pentland hotel, or have you tried y-not

SoapyBubbles
13-Sep-12, 14:03
thank you will try them :)

tennents
13-Sep-12, 14:03
would the salvation army let you use their hall? or the scrabster hall?

SoapyBubbles
13-Sep-12, 14:06
salvation army hall and janet street club are all out of bounds for Thursday night. I think the legion has bingo and things on in there 2 on a Thursday! is it just the hall and the bar that is in the legion or is there other rooms does anyone know? Scrabster hall i could maybe think about it might be a bit far out for ppl that don't drive. Thank u for your suggestions thou :)

poppett
13-Sep-12, 14:11
Kim at the Blue Door cafe on the caravan park sometimes opens for evening events. You can contact her via facebook or pop down and see her Friday 10am-2pm and 5 - 8pm or Saturday 10am-2pm.

Hope you find somewhere.

SoapyBubbles
13-Sep-12, 14:23
thanks poppett. Somebody else suggested there in a PM is it the cafe she rents out or is there another room? thanks am sure something will turn up :)

k888ven
13-Sep-12, 15:37
try ormlie lodge club speak to jackie disbury manageress

SoapyBubbles
13-Sep-12, 15:43
thanks k88ven

rich62_uk
13-Sep-12, 15:51
Free Church opp the swimming pool in Thurso have a hall. Sea Cadets Sir Archibald road Thurso (spelling is prob wrong lol)

arat
13-Sep-12, 15:52
what about the pentland hotel

tennents
13-Sep-12, 15:54
salvation army hall and janet street club are all out of bounds for Thursday night. I think the legion has bingo and things on in there 2 on a Thursday! is it just the hall and the bar that is in the legion or is there other rooms does anyone know? Scrabster hall i could maybe think about it might be a bit far out for ppl that don't drive. Thank u for your suggestions thou :)

Bingo in the legion is on a wednesday and sunday but next thursday i have the hall booked for my wedding dance, and i am lucky to even get it cause pipeband goes in to practise on a thursday :)

tennents
13-Sep-12, 15:55
salvation army hall and janet street club are all out of bounds for Thursday night. I think the legion has bingo and things on in there 2 on a Thursday! is it just the hall and the bar that is in the legion or is there other rooms does anyone know? Scrabster hall i could maybe think about it might be a bit far out for ppl that don't drive. Thank u for your suggestions thou :) also it is just the hall and the bars and the snooker rooms that the legion has :)

SoapyBubbles
13-Sep-12, 15:57
The Pentland is a no go have tried already :) oh and thanks about the free church i didn't realise they had a hall i will inquire thank you :)

arat
13-Sep-12, 16:00
youth club

SoapyBubbles
13-Sep-12, 16:07
thanks for that Tennents :)

tennents
13-Sep-12, 16:08
thanks for that Tennents :)

Your welcome, i wouldnt have known unless i didnt have the legion booked for next week lol, :)

Buttercup
13-Sep-12, 17:53
Have you tried Ormlie Community Association? Not sure what rooms they have, but might be worth a try.

poppett
13-Sep-12, 19:46
It`s the cafe Kim has at the blue door, but quite spacious, clean facilities, comfy seats, and plenty of parking space.