PDA

View Full Version : Come On Andy Murray

Dialyser
11-Sep-12, 01:37
It has been a roller coaster of match but maybe....just maybe Andy is going to win his first Grand Slam.

Dialyser
11-Sep-12, 02:05
Well done Andy Murray, I am delighted for you.:D

Geo
11-Sep-12, 02:06
AWESOME! He had to dig deep for that.

Stack Rock
11-Sep-12, 08:35
Well done Andy - may this be the first of many.

Eilanboy
11-Sep-12, 09:47
Great result which he fully deserved.Well done to him maybe it was a combination of Connery/Ferguson inspiration which drove him on.

Rheghead
11-Sep-12, 09:57
Well done Andy Murray, he has much improved over the last couple of years since Ivan Lendl has been his trainer. Now that he knows he can win I'm sure this is the first of many more and hopefully Wimbledon next year.

Gizmo
11-Sep-12, 18:39
He's proved his worth and finally silenced his critics in an epic battle. I thought he'd blown it after losing the 3rd and 4th sets, but he dug deep and didn't let himself get too frustrated when things weren't going to plan. Both he and Djokovic gave it their all, and you could almost feel the physical pain their bodies were enduring near the end. Just fantastic althletes and a fantastic final. It's just a shame that it was only being shown on Sky Sports. It really should have been broadcast for all to see.

RecQuery
11-Sep-12, 21:04
He shall now be forever British. It's kind of like a worse version of Forever Alone.

Moira
11-Sep-12, 21:27
Well done Andy Murray, I am delighted for you.:D

Me too. I don't have SKY television so woke up this morning to this great result being reported by Moray Firth Radio.

Very well deserved win by all accounts. According to some a Knighthood is in order. I hope so. :D

Gizmo
11-Sep-12, 21:40
Me too. I don't have SKY television so woke up this morning to this great result being reported by Moray Firth Radio.

I have Sky, but not Sky Sports. If you know where to look, there are plenty of places online where you can view subscription only sporting events without having a subscription. All you need is a good broadband connection. That's what I did.

http://www.lshunter.tv/

Moira
11-Sep-12, 21:43
Thanks Gizmo. If this means hubby can view the Grand Prix "live" over our BB connection, it will be a winner. :)

Green_not_greed
12-Sep-12, 23:27
Well done Andy Murray, he has much improved over the last couple of years since Ivan Lendl has been his trainer. Now that he knows he can win I'm sure this is the first of many more and hopefully Wimbledon next year.

Completely agree ! It doesn't happen often but this is a good one!

BTW he's both British and Scottish. I cant see anything wrong with that.

RecQuery
13-Sep-12, 07:35
...BTW he's both British and Scottish. I cant see anything wrong with that.

Except for when he loses then as far as the UK media and commentators are concerned he's just Scottish.

luskentyre
13-Sep-12, 22:05
Except for when he loses then as far as the UK media and commentators are concerned he's just Scottish.

That's just traditional Scottish paranoia and persecution complex though isn't it? I'm not convinced it's actually true.

Moira
13-Sep-12, 22:20
That's just traditional Scottish paranoia and persecution complex though isn't it? I'm not convinced it's actually true.

No, that's just you feeding the Troll of this thread......

Aaldtimer
14-Sep-12, 02:56

In 1967, when Celtic were playing in the European Cup Final, the commentator Kenneth Wholthenstone(Sp) (English) referred to them as Scottish when they went a goal down, Scottish when they equalised, and British when they took the lead and eventually lifted the Cup!

No myth there Lusk!:roll:

ducati
14-Sep-12, 07:28
In 1967, when Celtic were playing in the European Cup Final, the commentator Kenneth Wholthenstone(Sp) (English) referred to them as Scottish when they went a goal down, Scottish when they equalised, and British when they took the lead and eventually lifted the Cup!

No myth there Lusk!:roll:

In 1967????? Blimey!

equusdriving
14-Sep-12, 19:09

and he is such a patriotic Scot that he missed the Olympic home coming in Glasgow, because he needs a few days off, funny really when you think of all the people who come to Scotland to spend a few days off !

Gizmo
16-Sep-12, 12:11

It has happened in the past with, Andy, but not for a long time. But yes, it's always exaggerated these days.