PDA

View Full Version : Christmas card designs....

percy toboggan
07-Dec-06, 19:57
I am an agnostic and rarely give Christianity much of a thought. This year though I intend to send Christian themed cards to friends and family for ChristmasThis is in part a reaction to rampant secularism - as I heard it described on Radio 4 today.
I expect to have a hard time tracking them down. The endless snowflakes. reindeer, santa collections are all very well but I think I need to get back to basics, even though I'm not convinced.
I am wise enough to realise all tabloid talk of ethnic minorities being offended by Christmas is an absolute lie nevertheless I feel a need to re-assert the essence the Christmas message.

Am I stupid? Clutching at straws in an atempt to hold on to what is slipping away? A hypocrit eperhaps? or am I not alone?

percy toboggan
09-Dec-06, 19:08
...by the response to my post but never mind I'm not a lone voice in the wilderness - many tabloid newspapers have since picked up the subject with the 'Mail's ' headline 'Away with the Manger' today very succinct.
I tracked down some religious themed ones at Morrison's - I got the last box.

None of the moderators will be getting one given all this hullaballoo ! :) :roll: