PDA

View Full Version : Rude And Appalling Behaviour

MR_A
06-Sep-12, 18:15
So driving home from work, I pull in at the Pennyland side of the police station to drop off a work colleague.

My colleague got out, I indicate out and wait for the traffic to pass and pull out. I notice a man in the middle of the road with his daughter (I presume) and keep back allowing them to continue to cross.

The man turns round screaming, swearing and waiving his hands about like he is on fire. To this moment I still don’t know why but I pulled in, the Mrs wound the passenger window down and my exact words were “What’s Wrong?” (believe it or not).

In full view of the open front door of the police station (a guy in a luminous boiler suit inside watching on having a minute or two of excitement).

The man sticks his face right up to the open passenger window and starts a foul mouthed tirade about indicators. Now this has never happened to me in 15 years of driving so my response was not altogether calm. I told the guy that I did use my indicators but when he continued to shout and swear I did refer to him as someone who likes to pleasure themselves in an adult nature (can’t use the word here).

The Mrs wound the window up with the man still screaming telling me to ignore him and drive away. He then proceeded to punch the passenger window and back off, still ranting. At this point I’m in such a rage whipped off the seatbelt (didn’t realise I was in gear) and stalled the car.

I really hope this person is thankful that the jolt of stalling the car snapped me out of it or it could have ended up horribly different for both of us.

Although the kid did walk off I do want to apologise to you, I’m sorry you had to witness any of that and I’m sorry if I may have frightened you or caused you upset!! To the guy how dare you act like that in any instance never mind in front of a child. You may want get that in check the next person may not be as easily pacified as me……….

linnie612
06-Sep-12, 18:28
My bloke too thinks he is also the best/safest/most placid driver in the world...........[lol]

cptdodger
06-Sep-12, 18:33
So, you are parked next to or near a police station - why did you not just walk in there and report him for threatening behaviour ?

MR_A
06-Sep-12, 18:38
So, you are parked next to or near a police station - why did you not just walk in there and report him for threatening behaviour ?

I wanted home, simple as. I didn't want to waste time sitting in the station for an hour or two to report a twit for screaming..... would you?

MR_A
06-Sep-12, 18:39
My bloke too thinks he is also the best/safest/most placid driver in the world...........[lol]

I never inferred that in the slightest.

cptdodger
06-Sep-12, 18:44
I wanted home, simple as. I didn't want to waste time sitting in the station for an hour or two to report a twit for screaming..... would you?

Yes I would, I do not think that was acceptable behaviour, especially as he was in charge of a minor at the time.

MR_A
06-Sep-12, 18:52
Yes I would, I do not think that was acceptable behaviour, especially as he was in charge of a minor at the time.

Fair point, but to what end? What realistically would have happened in that instance?

Cop - Did you recognise the man?
Me - Nope
Cop - Thanks for your time.

The above is not a dig at the police force but I would not want to waste my time or a police persons time