PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect?

Buttercup
07-Dec-06, 18:14
What do you expect to get when you buy Beef Olives? All the years I've been buying them, from various places, they've been thinly sliced beef rolled around a stuffing (usually sausagemeat). Couldn't resist Tesco Finest the other day they looked lovely but when I went to cook them I discovered that they're just a rolled up piece of beef - no stuffing! Quite disappointing, if only I'd realised I'd have bought some sausagemeat to put in them. So, it's plain old stew tonight. :(
This is NOT a rant at Tesco, just to let other orgers know the situation, I've just never come across that before.

Errogie
07-Dec-06, 19:36
You are quite right to beef about the lack of an olive. I mean how can you have a beef olive without a heart, without a middle to impart all of that lovely sausage flavour and moisture through the succulent shell of tender enclosing meat. Officers of the Council should descend upon these purveyors of deficient products forthwith and prosecute them for gross violation of trading standards!

I can just see and taste it as I write and definitely need to check what is cooking at the other end of the house. Just been told that it's a bit of cod for tea which will be very nice but can't shake that beef olive image loose until the nashers meet up with fish.

unicorn
07-Dec-06, 19:42
That is odd I bought some from tesco's and not sure if it was the best range but they had stuffing and a packet of onion gravy to put over them when you cooked them.

Buttercup
07-Dec-06, 21:53
Must say that the "beef olives" made a tasty dinner even though we were looking forward to the real thing.
Unicorn: Bought them on Tuesday afternoon and they didn't come with a gravy. But I'll be on the lookout for those the next time.:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Dec-06, 22:17
Beef Olives one of my all time favourites.The slever o' ma mooth thinkin about it.The first slevers for the beef,the second slevers for the sausagemeat.A few tatties and a bit o gravy.A dish made in heaven.

Ye can just see the two bulls blethering in the field.

"See they humans,they eat oor bodies,stuff it wi sausagemeat and they call it heaven."

So if a bull was to have romantic relationships wi' a sow.....would the baby be a Beef Olive?

rich
07-Dec-06, 22:21
Beef what????
Powdered gravy????
This is stuff that only the Brits could love.
Olives belong in martinis!!!!!
The defective nature of the BOs that you bought is noit a disappointment - it is a DELIVERANCE!!!!!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Dec-06, 22:25
Beef what????
Powdered gravy????
This is stuff that only the Brits could love.
Olives belong in martinis!!!!!
The defective nature of the BOs that you bought is noit a disappointment - it is a DELIVERANCE!!!!!

Yer right rich, olives in yer world belong in martinis

Olives in Cedric world belong in 'On the Buses',that sexy lady wi coke bottle bottom glasses.....PHWOAR!!!!:lol: :lol:

unicorn
07-Dec-06, 22:28
it wasn't powdered gravy it was yummy gravy!! :)

the charlatans
07-Dec-06, 22:30
Olives in Cedric world belong in 'On the Buses',that sexy lady wi coke bottle bottom glasses.....PHWOARthats hilarious Cedric!!!!!!!!!

connieb19
07-Dec-06, 22:32
Juat for you to oogle at Cedric. :eek:

http://www.infidels.org.uk/friends/makeover/13.jpg

rich
07-Dec-06, 22:35
I am a cat lover.
This Christmas I am looking forward to eating some delicious, free-range moggie.
In the spirit of the occasion, I offer you my recipe:

BEER ROASTED CAT
1 cat cut into roast
1 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cube of beef bouillon
1 clove of garlic
1 Fine Irish Stout, like Guinness

Cover and soak cat roast in salt water for 24 hours. Drain water and then cover and soak in beer for 6 hours. Drain and place in crock pot with your cans of soup. Add a clove of garlic, and a cube of beef bouillon. If you start to slow cook your cat in the morning with your George Foreman Cooker (or it's ilk), you'll have finely cooked feline in time for supper.

If a slow cooker is not available, a cat can be baked at 350 degrees for 2-3 hours in a conventional oven and still come out pretty good. Beer Roasted Cat is fantastic served with mashed potatoes, collard greens, and fresh, homemade egg rolls. When planning a full meal just remember- cat is a course best served hot!

Cat may not be the most glamorous, or tastiest of game meats, but with a little thought and preparation, Baked Cat can make the belly of the persnicketiest diner glow with home baked goodness.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Dec-06, 22:36
Juat for you to oogle at Cedric. :eek:

http://www.infidels.org.uk/friends/makeover/13.jpg

Here oor Connie, Olive did have a beard.......but no on her face!!!
titter....titter

the charlatans
07-Dec-06, 22:38
ha ha ha.thats also hilarious Rich. My hubby (and my dog) will love this one.(and for those that don't get this sense of humour i DO NOT intend to make it with cat, or anything resembling such)

Errogie
07-Dec-06, 22:39
They're selling beef olives in Tesco

And causing much anger and woe

The insides are bare just nothing but air

So visit our butcher's in Thurso

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Dec-06, 22:44
What do you expect to get when you buy Beef Olives? All the years I've been buying them, from various places, they've been thinly sliced beef rolled around a stuffing (usually sausagemeat). Couldn't resist Tesco Finest the other day they looked lovely but when I went to cook them I discovered that they're just a rolled up piece of beef - no stuffing! Quite disappointing, if only I'd realised I'd have bought some sausagemeat to put in them. So, it's plain old stew tonight. :(
This is NOT a rant at Tesco, just to let other orgers know the situation, I've just never come across that before.

Thanks for this thread Buttercup from yer auld pal Cedric.Ye have truly brought back the org. that I first seen in January this year.To take a subject and for different personalities to answer in their own Caithnessian way.:lol:

unicorn
07-Dec-06, 22:46
I don't see the amusement in rich's post at all. What a way to advertise animal cruelty. I also don't see what it has to do with the topic.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Dec-06, 22:57
I don't see the amusement in rich's post at all. What a way to advertise animal cruelty. I also don't see what it has to do with the topic.

What amusement in rich's post.I didnae mention rich's post.

fingalmacool
07-Dec-06, 22:59
Exsqueese me Rich, your recipe sounds meow!. I was wondering do you shave the feline or skin, as you know there is more than one way to skin a cat.

unicorn
07-Dec-06, 23:00
No I never said I was talking about your post I was talking about rich's post and saying openly that I didn't like it.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Dec-06, 23:12
No I never said I was talking about your post I was talking about rich's post and saying openly that I didn't like it.

See the quote button its just to yer right hand side

angela5
07-Dec-06, 23:16
See the quote button its just to yer right hand side

What's up cedric? Unicorn was'na directing that you. Have ye gone all daft thinking about olive?:lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
08-Dec-06, 00:16

Sorry Unicorn,my mistake.

unicorn
08-Dec-06, 01:03
It's ok cedric I forgive you :)

wifie
08-Dec-06, 01:13
OK back to beef olives. Best ones I ever tasted were from Duncan Fraser, butchers, in Inverness. (The one with the big jolly butcher mannie outside who will be dressed up as Santa at this time of year.) They sold two types of beef olive, one with sausage meat (hub's favourite) and one with oatmeal stuffing (my favourite). We chucked them in the slow cooker with sliced onions and a bit of water and they made their own delicious gravy. Fantastic!

Through
09-Dec-06, 14:39
I prefer beef olives I make myself. If you will buy supermarket ones, you get what you deserve.

As for cats; the only good cat is a barbequed one.