PDA

View Full Version : Dog Kennels

midi2304
04-Sep-12, 18:22
Do any of you fine folks know of a dog kennels available for two Labradors for around a week from 14th September? Unfortunately, Ramscraig is booked. We did put them to Longgreen in Keiss once and I would rather not go on holiday than put therm there again. Is there anywhere else in Caithness at all or would I have to drive them further south and drop them on the way? I'd rather avoid this of at all possible as my newborn baby will be in the car but we could do it in a pinch. Any advice would be gratefull appreciated.

pirateeye
04-Sep-12, 19:23
Don't know of any in Caithness but my parents always use the one in muir of ord. I know it's a travel but it's always been a good kennel and they're much cheaper than ones up here

lsk24
04-Sep-12, 19:24
Hi, I have a lab and like Ramscraig. Like yourself wouldn't put my dog back to Longgreen. I can highly recommend the kennels below. Its not to far of the main road either. hope this helps (they have labs themselves and really love dogs. My dog didn't want to come home after his stay) Gairdie Kennels & Cattery201 Lednabirichen, Dornoch, Sutherlandshire, IV25 3ND
Tel: 01862 810280

pirateeye
04-Sep-12, 19:25
...Well they were much cheaper, I don't know their prices now, last time I knew was a few years ago

gerry4
04-Sep-12, 20:21
Can't remember its name but a new one has opened in Watten, there is an advert at the vet's in Wick. Never tried it so don't know if it is any good

midi2304
05-Sep-12, 08:10
Can't remember its name but a new one has opened in Watten, there is an advert at the vet's in Wick. Never tried it so don't know if it is any good

Yes, we did try these too but unfortunately they were booked up.

Blondie
05-Sep-12, 08:39
Tried to pm you that details but your inbox is full.

midi2304
05-Sep-12, 08:59
Tried to pm you that details but your inbox is full.

Apologies Blondie. Should be room for PMs now.

aidipi
05-Sep-12, 09:48
The kennels we use are near Tain,they are excellent and I don't go anywhere else. They are run by Clem and Trish Munro and are called Ardross Kennels. Their number is 01862842484. I have been using them now for 15 years and you can drop the dog off at any time and collect at any time. They have extensive woodland where they exercise them. More often than not she is in their home!! Good luck anyway.

gerry4
05-Sep-12, 11:09
The kennels we use are near Tain,they are excellent and I don't go anywhere else. They are run by Clem and Trish Munro and are called Ardross Kennels. Their number is 01862842484. I have been using them now for 15 years and you can drop the dog off at any time and collect at any time. They have extensive woodland where they exercise them. More often than not she is in their home!! Good luck anyway.

I have been trying to look them up but can't find the Kennels in any directory, BT, Yell, etc. How big is it?

Pooty17
05-Sep-12, 17:26
I recommend the one at rogart!

aidipi
05-Sep-12, 20:57
It's not huge but Clem always has the television or a radio on for them so they don't feel lonely. I am unsure how many they can take. IF you give them a caqlal they will be happy to tell you about them.

I have been trying to look them up but can't find the Kennels in any directory, BT, Yell, etc. How big is it?

climber
05-Sep-12, 22:31
Are you talking about the 'kennels' at cogle farm, they are excellent, number is 01955 621775

Tyke
06-Sep-12, 09:24
Do any of you fine folks know of a dog kennels available for two Labradors for around a week from 14th September? Unfortunately, Ramscraig is booked. We did put them to Longgreen in Keiss once and I would rather not go on holiday than put therm there again. Is there anywhere else in Caithness at all or would I have to drive them further south and drop them on the way? I'd rather avoid this of at all possible as my newborn baby will be in the car but we could do it in a pinch. Any advice would be gratefull appreciated.

I have had a change of booking form one customer which now means I can accomodate your dogs from the 14th Sept thats is if you havn't found anything suitable.

I will pm you as well.

Tyke
06-Sep-12, 09:25
Are you talking about the 'kennels' at cogle farm, they are excellent, number is 01955 621775

As far as I am aware they only do home boarding not kenneling.

buggyracer
06-Sep-12, 09:30
I recommend the one at rogart!

Seconded, Banscol, Rogart, Sutherland, Highland IV28 3YF
Telephone 01408 641201 (landline) or 07919885434 (mobile

midi2304
06-Sep-12, 11:40
I have had a change of booking form one customer which now means I can accomodate your dogs from the 14th Sept thats is if you havn't found anything suitable.

I will pm you as well.

Thank you. Will have my wife call you.