PDA

View Full Version : Northern Lights

kas
06-Dec-06, 22:10
I was walking the dog at 8 o'clock and saw what appeared to be a green beam in the sky, it disappeared after 30 seconds and I though it must have been a trick of the light, due to the strong moonlight. I then came home to find an email from Aviemore saying they had had a showing there at 8 o'clock, and it was in the forms of green vertical beams.

So keep your eyes peeled. It was by no means the greatest showing, but there could be more.

stekar
06-Dec-06, 22:22
My son has just arrived home from Scouts in Castletown, and they were outside looking at the moon when they saw green in the sky too.

pirateeye
06-Dec-06, 22:36
my friend and i were walking my dog just before 8 this evening and were watching the lights they were really pretty and changed so quick we saw the beam and there were streaks of green all over the place then we walked to the nearest village and they were even brighter, unfortunatly the moon was quite bright so it wasn't as good as it could have been, but it was nice to see

Rheghead
06-Dec-06, 22:46
I've seen the northern lights as well tonight, I might try later for a better show. No light pollution in Reay so they might really stand out.

kas
06-Dec-06, 22:54
Light pollution is stopping me from getting a good view, if the kids were not in bed I would be off out to the country in the car. I saw them again from the garden about 15 minuites ago. The moon is very bright too.

ice box
06-Dec-06, 23:16
To what side the north , south , east or west ?

the charlatans
06-Dec-06, 23:47
i read this 5 mins ago and rushed straight out my back door and didn't see them.......:(

i've been looking all winter for them too, hopefully next time.

keep posting them as soon as you see them please.

willowbankbear
07-Dec-06, 00:06
Keep yer eyes open a bit more & you will:eek:

Rheghead
07-Dec-06, 00:24
To what side the north , south , east or west ?

To the North, low in the sky.

paris
07-Dec-06, 08:30
There really spooky, i remember seeing them 2 yrs ago, beautiful but spooky. ! jan x

Bill Fernie
07-Dec-06, 08:39
I was driing back from Inverness to Wick and had a great show of the lights in the sky in front of me for about three or four minutes after Lybster. The sky was moonlit to the right and to the front and left amongst and above the clouds the dancing green lights we making a great show.

Mr P Cannop
07-Dec-06, 08:44
did any one get any good photos ??