PDA

View Full Version : Plague of double-underlined links

frank ward
06-Dec-06, 20:21
Without warning or notification, all websites I visit and even my incoming Emails now have some words double-underlined.
Moving the mouse on to these words opens up a box with links to 'related' commercial sites.

Does anybody else have this irritating problem?
Is it just my server?
Can we eradicate it?

maidencaithness
06-Dec-06, 22:18
Without warning or notification, all websites I visit and even my incoming Emails now have some words double-underlined.
Moving the mouse on to these words opens up a box with links to 'related' commercial sites.

Is it just my server?
Can we eradicate it?

Is server related, Intellitxt or something like that. If you use an old browser should be ok but can be stopped through cookies or turning off java can work too.

blueivy
15-Dec-06, 20:57

Is it just my server?
Can we eradicate it?

Hi Frank,

If this also appears in emails I'd say that you've been hit by some spyware/adware software. Have a look at some antispyware software to help remove it. If you need suggestions I'm sure they'll come a'floodin.