PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Collage

Angel
30-Aug-12, 22:04
Each year when it's time to enroll the students have procedures to follow. These are procedures are sent to them via a letter (eventually).

Each year we have difficulty in getting to actually speak to a human about the reasons the 'logging on to this site to do this, or that' fails to work!

This year has been the worst of all... after tracking down several different phone numbers and calling each one, we got an answering service. To which no return calls have been made.
So we tracked down all associated e-mails and asked the very same question. None have been replied to.

We even 'tried' to contact the site administraters, no luck there either.

17 phone attemps and 8 e-mails seems a little excessive to me to enrol a single student.

We are going in personally to do what we cant do via any other method so as we can be put in the system before we have to go personally again to enrol...

What a shambles this collage is...

A disheartened and frustrated Angel...

rogermellie
30-Aug-12, 22:18
can't say i've had that experience, any time i've called the college i get through first time every time, whether it's reception or admissions.

they'll be pretty busy just now, maybe you've just been unlucky

Invisible
31-Aug-12, 10:48
Maybe you could put a collage together of your emails and then hand them into the college to make your point.

Angel
01-Sep-12, 10:59
Excelant Idea Invisssssss.....

Angel...

fire1
03-Sep-12, 08:54
Why would you want to go there part of highland university.Its a joke go enroll yourself with a proper university if you want a degree or go to a proper further ed college if you want to gain a trade skill. Thurso and this so called Highland University Campus is a complete farce.

caithness-chicky
03-Sep-12, 09:52
Why would you want to go there part of highland university.Its a joke go enroll yourself with a proper university if you want a degree or go to a proper further ed college if you want to gain a trade skill. Thurso and this so called Highland University Campus is a complete farce.Perhaps you could enlighten us all as to what makes the Uhi a 'joke' and a 'farce'? And what constitutes to a 'proper' university?

Invisible
03-Sep-12, 13:31
Its not easy to "enroll yourself with a proper university" when you take into consideration application, money, accomadation etc etc. Thurso College gives the option of university tuition to folk like us in the far north of Scotland. I came out of Thurso College without any grudge and am better for my experience.

North Highland College
05-Sep-12, 11:26
Sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience at the college Angel.

Our Vice Principal, Donald MacBeath has been made aware of the concerns you have raised on this forum and he would like you to email him donald.macbeath@thurso.uhi.ac.uk giving further details about the problems you have encountered with enrolments.

smithp
05-Sep-12, 21:20
Its not easy to "enroll yourself with a proper university" when you take into consideration application, money, accomadation etc etc. Thurso College gives the option of university tuition to folk like us in the far north of Scotland. I came out of Thurso College without any grudge and am better for my experience.

Accommodation can be found in your glasshouse can't it?

Invisible
06-Sep-12, 12:54
Accommodation can be found in your glasshouse can't it? I don't throw stones, I have a terrible aim.