PDA

View Full Version : tesco rant!!!!!

saxovtr
06-Dec-06, 18:02
whoever you are that works there i hope you read this....
me and my mate went into buy sum alcohol,him being 22 me being 21...i did notice if signs in the drink section,if you look under 21 we will ask you for proof which is acceptable but not what happened next!!!

when i say i went in to get drink i was just there it was not for me i wasnt drinking any or intentions to buy any.....just in a walk as i wanted to go look at the cd's also...NEWAY!

the mate went to buy his drink while he did i took off up to the cd section for a quick browse walked backround to find him with no drink,they asked for his ID he provided it,but the silly woman at the counter with the woman at the till wanted my proof of age,i didnt believe him at first i laughed!! now why do they want my proof of age i was only in to look at the cd's not buy drink,plus i had to laugh as i hadnt shaven in a few days(ooops lol) i mean how many under 18s have a near beard and get asked for proof of age,but on a good note i would like to thank whoever you are for your compliment of me looking under 21,thanx;)

p.s if i do want alcohol i will not be attending tesco for it,or any other item for that matter,verdict-GET SOME PROPER TRAINING ON CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU WERE VERY CHEEKY AND SHOULD NOT BE WORKING IN A WORK PLACE WHERE YOU ARE FACE TO FACE WITH CUSTOMERS!!!

RANT OVER,have a nice day;)

angela5
06-Dec-06, 18:08
me and my mate went into buy sum alcohol,him being 22 me being 21...i did notice if signs in the drink section,if you look under 21 we will ask you for proof which is acceptable but not what happened next!!!

when i say i went in to get drink i was just there it was not for me i wasnt drinking any or intentions to buy any.....just in a walk as i wanted to go look at the cd's also...NEWAY!

the mate went to buy his drink while he did i took off up to the cd section for a quick browse walked backround to find him with no drink,they asked for his ID he provided it,but the silly woman at the counter with the woman at the till wanted my proof of age,i didnt believe him at first i laughed!! now why do they want my proof of age i was only in to look at the cd's not buy drink,plus i had to laugh as i hadnt shaven in a few days(ooops lol) i mean how many under 18s have a near beard and get asked for proof of age,but on a good note i would like to thank whoever you are for your compliment of me looking under 21,thanx;)

p.s if i do want alcohol i will not be attending tesco for it,or any other item for that matter,verdict-GET SOME PROPER TRAINING ON CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU WERE VERY CHEEKY AND SHOULD NOT BE WORKING IN A WORK PLACE WHERE YOU ARE FACE TO FACE WITH CUSTOMERS!!!

If you felt she was so cheeky why didn't you complain to the Management?

As for checking ID that is their job. you may feel you look your age but it's always better for them to check, better safe than sorry eh?

And there is a lads under 18 with stuble that would pass as older.

saxovtr
06-Dec-06, 18:11
i was not buying the drink,as far as im aware she is either a supervisor or management a few people have been complaining about her! if i was buying the drink fine but it had nothing to do with me i was just in looking at cd's,i never touched the drink i wasnt seen walking beside my m8 when he had bought it or anything but because i walked in with him they want my proof,not very impressed for my first time in there,she was being cheek,comments like i dont care! but yeh yeh good old saxovtr is onl young he will be the cheeky 1 i simply protested the drink was nothing to do with me and she didnt care.

angela5
06-Dec-06, 18:16
i was not buying the drink,as far as im aware she is either a supervisor or management a few people have been complaining about her! if i was buying the drink fine but it had nothing to do with me i was just in looking at cd's,i never touched the drink i wasnt seen walking beside my m8 when he had bought it or anything but because i walked in with him they want my proof,not very impressed for my first time in there,she was being cheek,comments like i dont care! but yeh yeh good old saxovtr is onl young he will be the cheeky 1 i simply protested the drink was nothing to do with me and she didnt care.

I wasn't even suggestion you were cheeky just because you are young. There is no need for any member of staff to be rude to the customers, I would have complained at her manner.
The few people who feel she is abrupt, where are they making their complaints?
She was right to check ID but not be rude.

saxovtr
06-Dec-06, 18:19
she can check my mates id yeh thats perfect,but he never got served coz i had none and i was at the other end of the store not buying drink but looking at cd's lol it is him buying drink not me no1 needed my idea!! yes i think 2 of them has complained to somebody up there about it,i am considering going in myself and complaining if i knew who to speak to!

Murdina Bug
06-Dec-06, 18:19
What is it with this 'must be over 21' thing anyway? Every time I see it I wonder how they can say that - the legal age for drinking and buying alcohol is 18 in this country so why do they want proof you are 21? Is it part of a national retailers agreement? Could it be legally challenged?

Am I just miffed 'cos I can no longer pass for under 21? You bet! :lol:

saxovtr
06-Dec-06, 18:21
its just silly you gotta be 18 to buy alcohol,but if you look under 21 you get id'd lol sounds to silly!if you look under 18 you get id'd!!officially dont like tescos!

willowbankbear
06-Dec-06, 18:28

Your mate only looks 19 Saxovtr & what do ye mean ye hadnt shaved??? Ye really should say that the milk has run out in Watten & the cat wont lick yer face clean.
Maybe the Assisstant had seen ye & the `mate` in action in home II aka the Broon Troot & decided that the dynamic duo were better not being served alcohol . Also it would "Probably" be better for the general public that this is the case.......
I bet ye 2 went to binends or somerfields afterwards, what is the `mate` doing boozing on a Wednesday?

saxovtr
06-Dec-06, 18:34
1: it was on saturday
2:not the mate your thinking off
3: i dont have a cat
4:maybe the assistant was you with a wig on

willowbankbear
06-Dec-06, 18:47
1: it was on saturday
2:not the mate your thinking off
3: i dont have a cat
4:maybe the assistant was you with a wig on

1:Saturday , I wasnt in Tesco
2:Theres more?!!!
3:Dog perhaps?
4:I thought it was a wee girl,that told ye to getoutofit[lol]

Fran
06-Dec-06, 18:48
I think it is good that Tesco staff are checking ages before selling alchohol. It shows that they have listened to what they were told in their training and they are obeying the rules.

Rheghead
06-Dec-06, 19:07
Tesco have every right to ask your age and ask you to prove it. Even though you did not buy the drink, you were definitely in association with your friend, they might have thought that you were going to receive it which means your mate could have been buying it for you.

Macwull
06-Dec-06, 19:20
The staff in tescos have to ask for ID because if they get caught selling drink to underagers (even though its not directly you buying the drink) they can be fined themselves not just tescos!! So there just covering there backs!

krieve
06-Dec-06, 19:34
LOL I know someone who is 30 that was asked for proof of age! [lol] [lol]

percy toboggan
06-Dec-06, 19:59
It's a shame you wont be buying your ale at Tesco because their own brand bitter is very good. It has a taste of 'Waggledance' about it.

dirdyweeker
06-Dec-06, 20:04
Tesco have every right to ask your age and ask you to prove it. Even though you did not buy the drink, you were definitely in association with your friend, they might have thought that you were going to receive it which means your mate could have been buying it for you.

So if I (well past 21!!) go to buy alcohol and my 15 year old daughter is present I may not get served any?? Same principle.
I am all for checking ages to prove the person buying iS of age but to say whoever is accompanying them has to prove it also is going OTT. After all that is what happened with Saxovtr....he was only there for a CD and not paying.

Buttercup
06-Dec-06, 20:16
You might've been asked if they had any suspicion at all that he was buying it for you. I can't quite make out from your post - did you actually go into the drinks section with him? (You do say that you saw the signs) If you did it would look quite suspicious if you then took off while your mate went to the checkout with some. It's against the law to sell alcohol to anyone that you suspect may be buying it for underagers. The "21" thing actually states the "If you look under 21, you will have to provide proof that you are over 18 before the assistant will sell you alcohol". The proof has to be photo ID that has the "PASS" hologram on it or a passport.

Max
06-Dec-06, 20:31
can't help but think that the customer care could've been a bit better tho!

golach
06-Dec-06, 20:36
I think you will find that ALL supermarkets now has a 21 years of age policy
They and I mean all staff are taught to......Think 21.
And to use the A.S.K model

A. Age restricted - are they buying an age restricted product, do thay look 21?

S. See proof of age - If so say this is an age resrticted product and its out policy to ask for the identification to verify your age.

K. Keep a record - if a customer is unable to provide ID call a supervisor who will refuse the sale, and if necessary make a record of the refusal.

The legal age to purchase alcohol may be 18 but Tesco's Asda and Sainsburys have all signed up to use the age of 21. This will upset a few just over 18's, but its for the greater good.

Edit added
This is not only for the sale of alcohol, but for the sale of many items from Alcohol, Cigarettes to Dvd's and Glue etc etc.

Max
06-Dec-06, 20:39
but surely that is only if you are buying drink?

Alice in Blunderland
06-Dec-06, 21:19
Gosh I think I qould be deeelllighted if the staff asked me for proof I was over 21. Just goes to show Im getting old, I want to be taken for younger where the younger want to be taken for older, funny old world eh ;)

May I add that I am glad they have a strict policy on serving alcohol as its not that long ago I remember people posting on how easy it was to get drink/fags when your under age. It seems to be a no win situation for the shops at times.

If you feel you were spoken to unfairly complain to management this is the correct course of action and then maybe this person can be shown the correct way to deal with this sort of situation :D

changilass
06-Dec-06, 21:21
I have refused to sell alchohol to someone I knew was old enough as he came into the place where I worked and some of his mates who I knew to be underage werre hanging about outside - and I would quite happily do it again.

Shopworkers have the right to refuse if there is a suspicion that the product is being bought for someone underage.

Suggest you keep id with you in future.:D

I always have my driving licence with me - not that I am gonna get asked:~(

Tristan
06-Dec-06, 21:32
What is it with this 'must be over 21' thing anyway? Every time I see it I wonder how they can say that - the legal age for drinking and buying alcohol is 18 in this country so why do they want proof you are 21? Is it part of a national retailers agreement? Could it be legally challenged?

Am I just miffed 'cos I can no longer pass for under 21? You bet! :lol:

When I used to work in a restaurant the drinking age was 18 but if they looked 25 or under we had to ID them. The reason was it is almost impossible for a 17 year old to look/sound/act 25.
I imagine the rule is 21 because as others have pointed out some people can look older than they are. A 16 or 17 year old can look 18 but it is more difficult for them to look 21. It is a safe cut off point.

Rheghead
06-Dec-06, 22:14
So if I (well past 21!!) go to buy alcohol and my 15 year old daughter is present I may not get served any?? Same principle.
I am all for checking ages to prove the person buying iS of age but to say whoever is accompanying them has to prove it also is going OTT. After all that is what happened with Saxovtr....he was only there for a CD and not paying.

Are you using any common sense? If you think that a parent with their child will give the same impression to the checkout cashier as a couple of teenagers buying a bottle of booze (in the context of offences of under-age drinking) then you are seriously mistaken. If you were buying booze for your child then any offences under the licencing acts are the least of your worries...

Incidently, I was asked to prove my age only 2 years ago when I bought a bottle of beer in a bar, and I'm 41!

engiebenjy
06-Dec-06, 22:48
I was in Tescos last Friday night, and there was a gang of youngsters sitting outside drinking alcopops. Maybe they're cracking down - but still no excuse to be rude!

saxovtr
06-Dec-06, 22:57
1:she was rude
2:i wasnt buying drinking and she had no reason to think i was intending to drink she decided to have a go and i wasnt anywhere near this when it happened,ill also add i walked passed drink section never hung about looking suspicious

telling me she has a rite to ask me for ID when i wasnt even buying any,is like a policeman arresting me for crossing the road!! she had no rite to do it,who do i go about making a complaint?how do i find the person to complain to?

saxovtr
06-Dec-06, 22:59
1:Saturday , I wasnt in Tesco
2:Theres more?!!!
3:Dog perhaps?
4:I thought it was a wee girl,that told ye to getoutofit[lol]

1:you never saw me then!!
2:loads n loads
3:no animals at all
4:dont put yourself down

willowbankbear
06-Dec-06, 23:32
2:i wasnt buying drinking and she had no reason to think i was intending to drink she decided to have a go and i wasnt anywhere near this when it happened,ill also add i walked passed drink section never hung about looking suspicious

telling me she has a rite to ask me for ID when i wasnt even buying any,is like a policeman arresting me for crossing the road!! she had no rite to do it,who do i go about making a complaint?how do i find the person to complain to?

How was she rude then Saxo? what did she do to be so rude? To her ye may look like a serial killer although not to anyone else ye dont:roll: Ye may have looked like a `hoodie` & she thought get him out?

willowbankbear
06-Dec-06, 23:34
1:you never saw me then!!
2:loads n loads
3:no animals at all
4:dont put yourself down

4. I wasnt speaking about me, thats more you pal, I heard about yer wee secret;)

Jeid
06-Dec-06, 23:36
Good on the assistant. If you've got a problem, go and complain. I'm sick to the back teeth of people who cry foul play but won't do anything about it while they are there.

The assistant did everything they could to try and ensure that alcohol wasn't provided to someone with the intent to give it to another person under the age of 18. Had they given the alcohol to someone under 18 and they had gotten drunk and traced back etc, there would be hell on.

Ok, in this instance, they got it wrong. Most people carry ID with them these days. I'm 23 and work in a bar. I've been asked for ID on several occasions. I don't get the problem. I take it as a compliment.

As for not having a fully grown beard under the age of 18... get a grip. My mate was 14 and had a fully grown beard. People get hair at different ages.

PS, your signature has to be the most annoying in the world ever.

Alice in Blunderland
06-Dec-06, 23:46

I would suggest you go into Tescos ,go to customer services and ask for the manager then on his/her arrival start complaining :D that should get the ball rolling.

Ojibwa
06-Dec-06, 23:49
My husband was well chuffed the other day when he went to buy some wine, he was asked for id and he is 35! It made his day :lol:

I think it's good that Tesco has a strict id policy but staff should never be rude.

saxovtr
06-Dec-06, 23:58
4. I wasnt speaking about me, thats more you pal, I heard about yer wee secret;)

running short of humour are we?our pm what ever was in it,didnt work,i dont wear hoodies,hey im a family man now;)

willowbankbear
07-Dec-06, 00:01
this is getting silly

saxovtr
07-Dec-06, 00:04
only coz you started leaving comments;)

willowbankbear
07-Dec-06, 00:08
only coz you started leaving comments;)

why didnt ye get served ??? Why didnt ye complain to Tesco??? Can ye wait till ASDa is built ??? And will ye still use LiDLs???

Buttercup
07-Dec-06, 00:15

If you were 1) really so annoyed, 2) felt the assistant was being rude and 3) Customer services were no help - Why didn't you ask to see the manager there and then? :confused

pultneytooner
07-Dec-06, 00:39
If you felt she was so cheeky why didn't you complain to the Management?

As for checking ID that is their job. you may feel you look your age but it's always better for them to check, better safe than sorry eh?

And there is a lads under 18 with stuble that would pass as older.
The management, ahahahahahaha, about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Big G
07-Dec-06, 00:42
This under 21 thing, i think is total rubbish!
I think ANYONE wether they are 92 or 16 and are going to buy alcohol should be asked for proof of age!
As someone who is, say, 35 could be asked for proof of age and then someone else goes in and buys alcohol who is 17 and doesn't get asked proof of age! Also i think it depends who is serving you the alcohol - if the person thinks you are good looking - there not going to embaress themselves by asking proof of age are they, and if u look horrible or dislike someone then you will def be asked proof of age!

It is so silly!

I think you should def complain i would've! - i'm on your side saxo!

WeeBurd
07-Dec-06, 00:53
I think it's commendable that the staff are so vigilant when it comes to selling booze, although there is never any excuse for rudeness. It is hard to judge sometimes, but rather they were super careful, than have drunken teenagers stottering all over our streets constantly. I must admit, reading your posts Saxo, you and your mate may have looked mighty suspicious - more so because you scooted off from the booze section pretty quick.

When I turned 18, I got my drivers licence - not so that I could start learning, just so that I had ID for pubs of course! It lived in my purse all the time, and 12 years later it's still there, in the vain hope I may just get carded sometime [lol] .

Rheghead
07-Dec-06, 00:54
Perhaps there is confusion of assertiveness with rudeness going on here?:confused

Jeid
07-Dec-06, 00:55
I think you should def complain i would've! - i'm on your side saxo!

No you wouldn't, you'd post on Caithness.org like he did, so don't come with that. You did it before.

As for the 21 thing, since I actually work in a bar, it's a good thing. Some people are younger than they look and trying to decide if someone is 21 is a lot easier than asking someone who might be 18.

JAWS
07-Dec-06, 00:57
Do I hear the stamping of tiny little feet?

WeeBurd
07-Dec-06, 01:19
Also i think it depends who is serving you the alcohol - if the person thinks you are good looking - there not going to embaress themselves by asking proof of age are they, and if u look horrible or dislike someone then you will def be asked proof of age!

Aww, BigG, had a few refusals? [lol]

Let's get real, shop assistants don't pick on certain people, they pick on everyone they are not 100% sure of being over 18, as it's the assistant who is fined for selling the goods.

If I was in their position I would not risk my job and a considerable fine, just so some teenager could have a booze and vomit session! Whether they have babysoft skin and the looks of Brad Pitt ; a dusting of whispy bum-fluff a la Justin Timberlake; or plukes and big lugs resembling Shrek! [lol]

saxovtr
07-Dec-06, 02:19
why didnt ye get served ??? Why didnt ye complain to Tesco??? Can ye wait till ASDa is built ??? And will ye still use LiDLs???

is anybody reading my posts lol,i wasnt buying drink,i wasnt hanging about i walked passed the drinks bit up round a browse as it was my first night there,they didnt need my id as iasnt buying any drink,the fact she was cheeky annoyed me,and i didnt have time to hang about arguing with a manager because some fool cant keep there trap from blethering a load of cheek,i will just try for drink this saturday fill a trolley up as much drink as i can(dont take id with me)look out for the woman go to her till and make sure she has to put it all back do it 2 or 3 times then show sum id!!!

saxovtr
07-Dec-06, 02:27
No you wouldn't, you'd post on Caithness.org like he did, so don't come with that. You did it before.

As for the 21 thing, since I actually work in a bar, it's a good thing. Some people are younger than they look and trying to decide if someone is 21 is a lot easier than asking someone who might be 18.

post on caithness.org like he did??the cheek of it,who made you a moderator cheeky little.....i will post where i want if your not happy dont leave a comment,its not just wanting m id when i wasnt even buying anythingits the fact the words i dont care came out her mouth,very polite i must say,i had no drink i wasnt buying any so no need to ask for my id,suppose this is a warning take some id if you shop at tesco's and plan buying drink! binends for me from now on.SOME PEOPLE STILL DONT GET WHAT IM SAYING,I WALKED IN WITH A MATE AROUND TESCO'S HE WENT TO BUY DRINK WHILE I WAS AT THE CD SECTION,HE GOT ASKED FOR ID HE SHOWED THEM IT,BUT THEN THEY TURNED AND SAID TO HIM WHERES MY ID(AT THAT TIME I WAS BROWSING ROUND CD'S NONE THE WISER)if i was under age i would have the sense to stand outside and wait for him to buy it,and then she started being ratty with me because i said im looking at cd's the reply(I DONT CARE)wasnt very nice!

Jeid
07-Dec-06, 03:21
Yeah, post on Caithness.org like he did. Did you complain at the time? No. Did you get the alcohol? No. Did they do their job? Yes. Were they Rude? Yes. Did you complain? No.

I ain't giving you any sympathy. They did a spot on job as far as I'm concerned. If they had any reasonable doubt that you were under 18, then that's fair enough.

As for who appointed me a moderator, speak to Colin if you have a complaint.

Likewise, if you're not happy with my comments, block me.

oldmarine
07-Dec-06, 03:40
this is getting silly

I tend to agree.

angela5
07-Dec-06, 10:33
SOME PEOPLE STILL DONT GET WHAT IM SAYING,I WALKED IN WITH A MATE AROUND TESCO'S HE WENT TO BUY DRINK WHILE I WAS AT THE CD SECTION,HE GOT ASKED FOR ID HE SHOWED THEM IT,BUT THEN THEY TURNED AND SAID TO HIM WHERES MY ID(AT THAT TIME I WAS BROWSING ROUND CD'S NONE THE WISER)

The fact that you and your mate walked around tescos first then he went up the drinks dept and you went off to look at the cd's may have come across as suspicious to the staff.
I'm curious as to what the assistant said to you that was so rude.:confused

henry20
07-Dec-06, 10:49
In the shop assistants defence, you did say you laughed, which to me comes across as ignorant and the fact that you were uncooperative - you said yourself that when they asked you for ID you said 'I'm looking at CD's' whereas the polite thing would have been to say 'yes, no problem.' You then could've politely pointed out that you didn't feel that there was any need for you to be ID'd as you were merely looking at cd's. They then may have explained why they felt the need to ID you.

pultneytooner
07-Dec-06, 12:36
If the guy that wanted to buy the alchohol was 18 then there is no problem.
Just a case of a jobsworth assistant or manager whatever she was.

saxovtr
07-Dec-06, 12:38
In the shop assistants defence, you did say you laughed, which to me comes across as ignorant and the fact that you were uncooperative - you said yourself that when they asked you for ID you said 'I'm looking at CD's' whereas the polite thing would have been to say 'yes, no problem.' You then could've politely pointed out that you didn't feel that there was any need for you to be ID'd as you were merely looking at cd's. They then may have explained why they felt the need to ID you.

il say it again,i walked into tesco went a browse around ended up at the cd section,came back round to find a very abrupt woman on her high horse demanding me for my id,i pointed out i wasnt buying drink its nothnig to do with me,at that point she said she does not care which was rude,that was the point of no return!!i just laughed and walked out shocked at the cheek off her!

JEID
Yeah, post on Caithness.org like he did. Did you complain at the time? No. Did you get the alcohol? No. Did they do their job? Yes. Were they Rude? Yes. Did you complain? No.

complain at the time no because im not arguing over drink i didnt want!did i get alcohol you ask?i didnt want any so i duno wot your talking about! did they do there job?there job is to tell me they dont care?very well done!!iam complaining on here but also putting across a warning,its ok im only going to get descriminated for being a young person with an attitude!

Jeid
07-Dec-06, 13:05
I think all the other posts on this thread cover it nicely. You didn't really help yourself by laughing.

saxovtr
07-Dec-06, 13:30
she was cheeky before i laughed

JAWS
07-Dec-06, 14:01
the fact she was cheeky annoyed me,and i didnt have time to hang about arguing with a manager because some fool cant keep there trap from blethering a load of cheek,i will just try for drink this saturday fill a trolley up as much drink as i can(dont take id with me)look out for the woman go to her till and make sure she has to put it all back do it 2 or 3 times then show sum id!!!Now I understand perfectly how the problem arose! You were obviously dealt with in an appropriate manner by the woman at Tesco’s.

It comes under the description of "Failing the Attitude Test!" and as such you seem to have been treated quite correctly.
I can quite understand why you avoided making any complaint to the Manager under the circumstances. I don't think I would have pushed my luck any further either from the situation you describe.

young
07-Dec-06, 14:07
i think that while its good to be asking people for ID if they look under 21 i feel that the woman had no right asking saxovtr for id as he was NOT buying drink.!!! So does this mean that i go into Tescos with my cousin aged 13 (but she looks older) and i go buy some drink while she is looking at dvds e.t.c then i might not get served because she is under 21!!! But if i go into the shop by myself and cousin is outside waiting then i will get served because she is not with me. Surely all the youngsters outside the shop drinking alcopops must be getting people to go in and get it for them so in this case they really should ask everyone for id regardless of age as they might be buying alcohol for people waiting outside the shop..!!!!

Jeid
07-Dec-06, 14:10
I see your point young, and to a certain extent agree. But in this instance, he was in the shop.

dirdyweeker
07-Dec-06, 14:47
Are you using any common sense?

Yes I am actually. No need to be rude. Also Saxovtr has said quite emphatically that he was there for CD's not booze. Why is everyone being so nasty and offensive to him....some more than others. There seems to be some personal insults towards him too. Why is he being treated so badly?
My example should not perhaps have used 15 years old daughter but just a 15 year old (who looks much older). Two young (!) people, one buying drink. Same senario as Saxovtr

willowbankbear
07-Dec-06, 14:54
Yes I am actually. No need to be rude. Also Saxovtr has said quite emphatically that he was there for CD's not booze. Why is everyone being so nasty and offensive to him....some more than others. There seems to be some personal insults towards him too. Why is he being treated so badly?
My example should not perhaps have used 15 years old daughter but just a 15 year old (who looks much older). Two young (!) people, one buying drink. Same senario as Saxovtr

Saxo kens we`re jesting with him & he enjoys it as well. We all ken what he is saying but we wanted to hear the whole story before passing judgement & kangaroo sentence on him or the Tesco 1 .

saxovtr
07-Dec-06, 14:54
there has been sum silly comments i agree,ignore willowbankbear hes just having a laugh,as for others i duno them so the comments yeh were a bit personal but thats up to them isnt it,i even get slated for posting it on the internet by a moderator,defeats the purpose of using this forum,there has been alot worse posted on this forum,

1:im branded a boyracer
2:young=not got a clue,my attitude stinks.
3:my opinion dosnt count

its always happening on here but i take it with a pinch of salt,all the same thank you dirdyweeker for seeing my point of view and not taking the micky!

connieb19
07-Dec-06, 14:57
My example should not perhaps have used 15 years old daughter but just a 15 year old (who looks much older). Two young (!) people, one buying drink. Same senario as SaxovtrI totally agree!!

saxovtr
07-Dec-06, 14:57
Saxo kens we`re jesting with him & he enjoys it as well. We all ken what he is saying but we wanted to hear the whole story before passing judgement & kangaroo sentence on him or the Tesco 1 .

exactly and my comments that bite back are just for a bit oh crack eh,well a ken you but no others,i dont take half of it seriously anyway(especially not willowbankbear lol)wot happened to having a laugh on here anyway?has it spread to tescos taking the mick....

angela5
07-Dec-06, 15:03
there has been sum silly comments i agree,ignore willowbankbear hes just having a laugh,as for others i duno them so the comments yeh were a bit personal but thats up to them isnt it,i even get slated for posting it on the internet by a moderator,defeats the purpose of using this forum,there has been alot worse posted on this forum,

1:im branded a boyracer
2:young=not got a clue,my attitude stinks.
3:my opinion dosnt count

its always happening on here but i take it with a pinch of salt,all the same thank you dirdyweeker for seeing my point of view and not taking the micky!

I don't feel i made any personal comments directed at you saxovtr.
I was making a suggestion as to why the rude assistant would have asked you for your ID.
Anyway, have you complained to the big man at tescos yet?

Naefearjustbeer
07-Dec-06, 15:05
If the shop assistant is suspicious for any reason they can and should refuse to serve some one irrespective of the expectant purchasers and companions age. Far better that someone doesn't get a dram than somebody's young teenage child ends up with alcohol poisoning or worse. I remember a few years back trying to purchase a bottle of Buckfast. I had never tasted the stuff and fancied trying it. The woman in Victoria wine refused to sell it to me on a weekend. Her words were " I know you are old enough to drink but bairns drink that stuff at the weekends. If you want to buy it come back midweek and I will happily sell it to you then." She thought I was only buying it to pass on to some kids.
She then proceeded to quite happily sell me a litre of vodka and some tins of lager. Which could have done far more damge to a youngster than a bottle of tonic wine.
By the way I never did go back to try the stuff It was just a notion I took one weekend.

saxovtr
07-Dec-06, 15:06
im not making a special trip to wick to make a complaint it can wait,we will see if the same happens this saturday and how rude people are,this time my id will be in my back pocket!!same situation will happen but with another mate,i will simply explain iam in a look and not interested in drink i she does the same again il wave my id infront of her and make sure i make a complaint,there is no specific solid answer to why i was asked for id,its complete stupid!

DrSzin
07-Dec-06, 15:13
FWIW I think saxovtr has a point. The main purpose of the "ID if someone looks as if they might be U21" policy is to better prevent under-18s from buying alcohol. It seems to me that the Tesco employee got it wrong on this occasion, whether by blinkered adherence to rules and/or procedures, or because she didn't like the look of saxovtr and and his mate. Whichever it is, I can't say I'm overimpressed with her judgement and/or her customer-care skills. Perhaps I would change my mind if I heard her side of the story but I'm not going to be presumptious and jump on saxovtr as some have done.

Anyway, there is a sense in which the employee did indeed make a mistake - she is now infamous on the Org as a result. And Tesco is getting a bit of flak it could have done without.

saxovtr
07-Dec-06, 15:15
this isnt the only complaint i have about tescos,but iam not opening another can of worms for you lot to make personal comments