PDA

View Full Version : Lost tiercel peregrine

spurtle
30-Aug-12, 10:19
Last seen heading over Wick area. Woukd be grateful for any reports - carrying hawk bells and leather straps

midi2304
30-Aug-12, 11:10
Last seen heading over Wick area. Woukd be grateful for any reports - carrying hawk bells and leather straps

Without trying to belittle your situation spurtle (I sincerely hope you find the bird), this has to be my favourite 'Lost' thread I have ever seen on the Org.

Southern-Gal
01-Sep-12, 09:13
Any news? Maybe post on farming and crofting too?

Liz
01-Sep-12, 13:01
I live near Wick so will keep a look out. A phone no would be handy.

Really hope you find it soon.

spurtle
02-Sep-12, 18:55
Hope so, too, but one has to be philosophical. He is able to fend for himself, so may be OK. He belongs to a visitor, who has now gone south - thanks for all the emssages - we are still looking out for him, with tracking devices, but ther ange is not enormous, and they can shift!

Wizzbang
13-Oct-12, 15:07
Is this the same one lost and posted in 2008?
We saw a peregrine falcon today .It had leather straps but fortunately no bells and no strap-ends hanging to get entangled.It had clearly not eaten but flew off ok.

porshiepoo
14-Oct-12, 21:25
Hope you get the bird back. Have been in your position and was lucky enough to get him home.
Have you let the IBR know?
Will keep an eye out as hubby travels the area every day and is a falconer. Do you have a contact number if it's sighted?