PDA

View Full Version : Citizen Khan?

Rheghead
29-Aug-12, 18:16
I watched Citizen Khan last night. I'm not one for sitcoms and last night's offering confirmed my lack of enthusiasm for them but I can appreciate that others may find them funny. I much prefer sketch type comedy like the new Burnistoun, Fast show, Chewin the Fat etc.

Although there were funny moments in CK, I was definitely waiting patiently for a decent joke to come along more often than not. It seemed more like a sitcom from the 1970s and I was not surprised to find that it had received 200 complaints to the Beeb although I did not think it was offensive, I just know how others would be offended by it.

Did anyone else see it and did you find it funny or offensive? I might give it another go, I've taped the series on sky+.:D

golach
29-Aug-12, 22:35
I watched some of it, but turned it off, another version of Beggar my neighbour, tasteless and not funny. Now the Kumars at No 42 was hilarious

joxville
29-Aug-12, 23:04
I didn't bother watching it. I heard the actor who wrote and plays the lead talk on Radio 2 last week, he said the character is a self-appointed 'leader of the community', it immediately made me think of a similar character in Little Britain, and none of the community had heard of him. The Little Britain character was funny for all of 5 minutes, I wasn't going to waste a half hour on a rip off.

Dadie
29-Aug-12, 23:07
Didnt appeal...so didnt watch.
It was sent to rip the pee out of the muslim way of life and thats not entertainment.

midi2304
30-Aug-12, 08:05
I much prefer sketch type comedy like the new Burnistoun, Fast show, Chewin the Fat etc.

My rather awful claim-to-fame is that I am good mates with Rab Florence who stars with Iain Connell in Burnistoun. They wrote bits of Chewin' The Fat and Still Game in the past.