PDA

View Full Version : Peter Sutcliff

katarina
26-Jan-05, 21:27
I see Peter Sutcliff wants out. He's reformed, he says and is no longer a threat. Anyone think he should be set free?

apollo69
26-Jan-05, 21:35
His type can't be reformed. Should have been hanged.

Some killers I am sure can be changed but he is a total psychopath. Should never be released IMO.

If I were him, I'd say I was reformed as well, he's hardly going to let them think he's going to kill again.

Rheghead
27-Jan-05, 00:14
Psychopaths can feign guilt, sincerity and honesty because they can make a cold calculating decision to appear like that. I hope the home secretary is not fooled.

George Brims
27-Jan-05, 05:21
It won't matter a whit if the Home Secretary is fooled, or if Sutcliffe has undergone some miracle cure. No Home Secretary that doesn't want to be an ex-Home Secretary within a week is going to let Sutcliffe out. End of story. At various times you could have inserted Hindley or Brady in place of Sutcliffe and the above would still be true.

Rheghead
27-Jan-05, 10:30
I am not 100% certain Hindley died in Prison, I think it is perfectly possible for her to be living out of the country under a new identity. Even though she supposedly died , what better way to stop her assailants from looking for her?

apollo69
27-Jan-05, 11:30
Interesting conspiracy theory Rheghead! Unlikely, but...?

Rheghead
27-Jan-05, 11:41
Interesting conspiracy theory Rheghead! Unlikely, but...?

The european court of human rights was on her side, the Home Office and the bulk of the British public weren't. In time, she would have been let out anyway if she'd lived. By faking her death, she gets out, the european court of human rights is satisfied, the Home office doesn't lose face and the relatives of her victims and public are happy that she spent the rest of her days in prison.

It doesn't take much to cover up a death in isolation and get a certificate of death and carry her alive out in a coffin to hospital, not for a post-mortem but in reality to the plastic face surgeon.

You work it out for yourselves...I am not totally convinced.

philupmaboug
27-Jan-05, 22:19
Why would the government fake the death of a toe rag like her? if it came out...and it would, the system would go down the proverbial faster than it is now... wouldn`t it?

Rheghead
27-Jan-05, 22:38
Why would the government fake the death of a toe rag like her? if it came out...and it would, the system would go down the proverbial faster than it is now... wouldn`t it?

Point taken,but would it? there have been many Government cover ups where they have risked a scandal and survived (Iraq?). Who is out there to politically challenge the Government? May be they had cross party support for releasing her. She was still quite young to die, so something has happened. Either she did die, her death was faked or she was bumped off. One thing is for certain, the Home Office were not going to release her without just cause. But that cause was coming from Europe so something had to give in this political ticking timebomb. Thirty years had gone by since her conviction, she was elligible for release.

You work it out, I am not totally convinced she is dead.

katarina
28-Jan-05, 20:04
You work it out, I am not totally convinced she is dead.[/quote]

Do you think Elvis is dead then? He could be running a fish and chip shop in Plockton.

Rheghead
29-Jan-05, 00:05
I actually think Elvis is currently running the Gracelands Visitor Center...from home![lol]

karl
29-Jan-05, 11:32
It doesn't take much to cover up a death in isolation and get a certificate of death and carry her alive out in a coffin to hospital, not for a post-mortem but in reality to the plastic face surgeon

inside a prison it is exremely hard to cover up, in the first instance you have got a couple of hundred officers working there, then nurses, then any civvies. Out of all of them they would have noticed something if you use your arguement.
then you have a lot of prisoners, who with nothing better to do, sit and look out of windows, nothing can go on in a prison without the cons knowing about it.

Onto Sutcliff, there will come a day when he gets released, he will have a date for release, but it will be just that, a date. It has to be reviewed,and a descision made at all levels, from the prison up to ministerial, and some one , one day will be brave enough to say, " lets test him" where by he will be in a open prison, with a possibiltiy of getting out.
It is no longer the case today where a lifer gets put in prison for ever, life could be three years, 10 or 25 whatever the judge deems fit. The only thing is they are on licence for the rest of their life, meaning if they offend when released, for any matter ( even drunk and disorderly" then they are back inside until they decide when he gets back out again.
the eroupean courts ruled that no prisoner can be locked up with out a release date, or a date that they get reviewed for release.

philupmaboug
31-Jan-05, 15:15
Elvis is alive....Excellent. is he looking for a job? I hear that the pit stop is recruiting.