PDA

View Full Version : How much does a Bus Shelter cost?

Alrock
27-Aug-12, 00:37
Saw this....

http://thepsychedelicsewingroom.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/the-sun-uk-24-august-2012-58kc-7.png

And thought....

£16,000 worth of damage!!!!
How much do bus shelters cost?

cptdodger
27-Aug-12, 00:46
Not sure how much a bus shelter costs, but I know when I worked for Tesco's in Kent it cost them £25,000 to put the covered trolley bays into the car park, and that was back in 2000 !!

Alrock
27-Aug-12, 02:39
Not sure how much a bus shelter costs, but I know when I worked for Tesco's in Kent it cost them £25,000 to put the covered trolley bays into the car park, and that was back in 2000 !!

Would be interesting to see a breakdown of where all that money goes...

cptdodger
27-Aug-12, 09:05
To say the least, I was'nt happy about it. I was a Security Manager for Tesco's at the time, and the powers that be thought it was more important to keep the trolley's dry than to put cameras into the petrol station. We had a lot of drive offs back then. I eventually got my own way, but only after one of my staff was assaulted.

Rheghead
27-Aug-12, 19:37
Actually the bus shelters themselves are quite cheap but the costs rise when passengers start to demand furnishings, expensive ornaments and a computer...

Alrock
27-Aug-12, 20:37
Actually the bus shelters themselves are quite cheap but the costs rise when passengers start to demand furnishings, expensive ornaments and a computer...

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/021/4/c/devil_laghin_by_Scotsgirl_606.gif

ywindythesecond
27-Aug-12, 23:06
Saw this....

And thought....

£16,000 worth of damage!!!!
How much do bus shelters cost?

Obviously overestimated repair and replacement cost, but the cost doesn't stop there. There is police time to consider which we pay for, there is the probability that if these two lasses are not taken to task they will carry on doing such things, and there is the possibility that they are seen as role models for their younger sisters and brothers. The cost of repairing the offence is insignificant when you think of the possible consequence of not taking the perpretators to account.
ywy2

Dadie
27-Aug-12, 23:14
You are forgetting the manpower needed (and Teabreaks) in doing the repairs....looks like the perspex will need renewed...thats over 70% of the cost new!...
perspex isnt cheap!

squidge
28-Aug-12, 05:44
Just down the road from here there is a lovely bus shelter - two boys who had to wait for the school bus and were fed up of getting wet decided to build one themselves. its a wooden one and very pleasant and it kept them dry and now they have left school it keeps others dry. It cost very little.

Alrock
28-Aug-12, 08:05
Just down the road from here there is a lovely bus shelter - two boys who had to wait for the school bus and were fed up of getting wet decided to build one themselves. its a wooden one and very pleasant and it kept them dry and now they have left school it keeps others dry. It cost very little.

They should have billed the council for £16000... lol