PDA

View Full Version : Revenge can be sweet

Errogie
05-Dec-06, 19:17
Taking revenge can be a bit of a moral dilemma.

Perhaps at one end of the scale it can be simply regarded as a friendly and cautionary reminder between acquintances but then at the other end when there is a degree of premeditation and design it can enter a completely different area....

One of my sons met his first girlfriend at age 13. The romance blossomed and parents kept a diplomatic distance from young love. But then he was told by a mutual friend that he was chucked, no longer in the running, old news.
Now unfortunately this happened shortly before the young ladies birthday for which he had already splashed out on a present from his slender pocket money.

The tale now passes over to her parents who later provided the conclusion. On the day of their daughters birthday a knock had come to the door and when it was opened there was no one there except for a carefully wrapped parcel on the doorstep adressed to the birthday girl. They took it in and when she peeled back the wrapping paper there was a large box of Cadbury's chocolates.

She lifted the lid to reveal the first layer but all the wrappers were empty, and on the next layer the chocolates were still there but someone had taken a careful bite out of each one!!!

This tale still makes us smile. Has anyone else a story they can tell of revenge whether hot, sweet or cold?

DarkAngel
05-Dec-06, 21:45
Haha like it! Revenge can be sweet!!

sweetpea
05-Dec-06, 21:55
Never tried it but I believe in 'what goes around comes around'. I've seen that happening a lot, sometimes after years but it eventually does and when it does, yes it is sweet. Things have a habit of coming right back to smack you in the face. My philosophy when someone is out to get me is to totally ignore them and their actions and sit back and wait for it to haunt them.]#
Like the story tho. I suppose you will have heard them all like sewing prawns into people's curtains and dialling the speaking clock in Australia and such like.

angela5
05-Dec-06, 21:58
Never tried it but I believe in 'what goes around comes around'. I've seen that happening a lot, sometimes after years but it eventually does and when it does, yes it is sweet. Things have a habit of coming right back to smack you in the face. My philosophy when someone is out to get me is to totally ignore them and their actions and sit back and wait for it to haunt them.]#
Like the story tho. I suppose you will have heard them all like sewing prawns into people's curtains and dialling the speaking clock in Australia and such like.

'what goes around comes around', the best.

sweetpea
05-Dec-06, 21:59
'what goes around comes around', the best.
Too right it is! Especially when the person doesn't know you know.

connieb19
05-Dec-06, 22:01
Yep, I definitely believe in what comes around goes around, Karma, Judgement day and all that stuff.

angela5
05-Dec-06, 22:02
Too right it is! Especially when the person doesn't know you know.

Well if someone is nasty or does you any wrong-doing, i just sit back and wait as it always comes back on them eventually.

Bobinovich
05-Dec-06, 22:27
I'll admit to being a schemer when it comes to getting revenge (although pranks I'll just laugh off). I plan to the nth degree to ensure I get my own back in good style - very cold & calculating I'm afraid.

It's not like me in real life, as those who know me will testify, but when my hackles are up and I'm backed into a corner, I'll come out fighting!!!

sweetpea
05-Dec-06, 22:33
I'll admit to being a schemer when it comes to getting revenge (although pranks I'll just laugh off). I plan to the nth degree to ensure I get my own back in good style - very cold & calculating I'm afraid.

It's not like me in real life, as those who know me will testify, but when my hackles are up and I'm backed into a corner, I'll come out fighting!!!

I meet so many people on a daily basis who try to outshine each other, it's scary. I refuse to stoop to their level. If I tried to get my own back on all them that does me wrong I'd never get out of the bit. I put all my energy into trying to do my own thing.

golach
05-Dec-06, 22:41
Errogie, if that had been one of my laddies, I would have been so proud of him, and would have given him the cost of the chocs[lol]

sweetpea
05-Dec-06, 22:44
Errogie, if that had been one of my laddies, I would have been so proud of him, and would have given him the cost of the chocs[lol]
I respect what you say but not a good value to teach a 13 year old, surely. That's why the world is in such a state too many folk out for revenge to get even.

golach
05-Dec-06, 22:49
I respect what you say but not a good value to teach a 13 year old, surely. That's why the world is in such a state too many folk out for revenge to get even.
Sweetpea, even at 13 a laddie has to learn not to trust the female sex, I had my heart broken for the first time at 12 in a similar situation, but I was not as quick witted as errogie jr [lol]

sweetpea
05-Dec-06, 22:54
Sweetpea, even at 13 a laddie has to learn not to trust the female sex, I had my heart broken for the first time at 12 in a similar situation, but I was not as quick witted as errogie jr [lol]
Try being female then and getting your heart broken over and over and over by men. I remember going to a school party and thinking I was going with a boy and he turned round and went with my mate, so same thing. Buy hey I got over it and had the last laugh x

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Dec-06, 02:22
Yeah, I got revenge. The result? I'm happy; they're not. But what price victory, I tells ya.