PDA

View Full Version : A Huge Thank You !

Iffy
23-Aug-12, 15:02
Just want to say to the young woman, who found my Dad's wallet in a trolley at Tesco's (Wick) earlier this afternoon, and handed it into the Service Desk, a MASSIVE THANK YOU !! :)

I wished I had got your name as my Dad wanted to give you a reward for doing this. He was beside himself with worry and was going to go to his bank to cancel his cards. He also had about £100 in cash in it !

Your honesty is extremely appreciated and my Dad would still like to know your name and address so he can thank you himself. I only know that you were driving a large(ish) dark red car and that you had short dark hair.

Please PM me if you read this.

poppett
23-Aug-12, 15:19
What a joy to hear of such honesty.

Iffy
23-Aug-12, 15:51
I know poppett, she's restored my faith in humanity ! :)

billmoseley
23-Aug-12, 18:35
restores your faith in people. But i would like to think most people would do this.

poppett
24-Aug-12, 17:45
I was brought up to do the right thing Bill.

However when I found a handbag in the toilets in Brora a while back and did the "right thing" by handing it into the police and giving my particulars I was then accused by the owners carer of stealing the tenner which was inside and was questioned by the police. Luckily I had witness who could vouch for me.

It wouldn`t make me now do the "wrong" thing in the future, but with others the temptation must be huge.

highland red
24-Aug-12, 18:06
This is why I just could not ever move down south again. By and large Caithness people are exceptional. It's also great that you have taken the time to post this on the org.

It does restore your faith in people. All the very best and well done for highlighting it.