PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on cat's story?

mirandarainbow
23-Aug-12, 12:07
I am continuing to wonder how the little cat we found came to be at thurso east. The kitten I saw, I estimated to be around 6 weeks, but I honestly don't think she has been stray long enough to give birth, and the kitten to be that old, as she is incredibly affectionate and doesn't look underweight.

The only thing I could come up with, is that somebody may have abandoned her and the kitten? She's a very loyal, trusting wee thing, and I don't think she would have strayed far from her home being pregnant, then been feral for at least 5 weeks, and be that affectionate, and happy to come with us. When we found her, we cuddled her for about 5 minutes, and she was already following us around!

Do you think somebody did just abandon them both or what? Opinions?

Still requesting that the owner comes forward to tell me her story!

Dadie
23-Aug-12, 15:51
The cat may have wandered off to find somewhere quiet to have her kittens.
The kitten is a random kitten...may be from a farm/barn cat.

mirandarainbow
23-Aug-12, 17:09
definately hers as her milk is just drying up. bit of a coincidence if she's had a litter, her milk is drying up and her, as well as a kitten which looks identical to her end up in the same place, where I have never seen any other cats. I do think they are related :)

Southern-Gal
02-Sep-12, 09:44
Unless kittens are handled from very early on they do not tame very easily at all. If the kitten had been born wild it would be a hissing spitting wild fur ball even if its mum was tame. So I can see why you think they have been abandoned. But there could be an explanation that is not so callous. Maybe the cat has wandered off with her kitten? Or someone is missing her but they dont come on the org?

dancingtaz13
02-Sep-12, 22:29
Do you know if the mother you have is microchipped?