PDA

View Full Version : Hello - new to site

Angela
05-Dec-06, 13:43
Hi
I've not been back to Wick in twenty-odd years, but now I've found the site I can see a bit of what's going on and hopefully fill in some gaps in my family tree as well.
Cheers, Angela

cuddlepop
05-Dec-06, 14:04
Glad you found it,it must be great being able to kep in touch with whats happening on your home turf.
Visitors love it too;)
Hello and welcome to the Org.:D

willowbankbear
05-Dec-06, 14:44
Well the Dominoes has burnt down , We have a new Tesco, Homebase& few new shops at South road, Weve got no boats left , no Glass factory, no Grampian Records........................

apart from that how ye doin?;)

angela5
05-Dec-06, 14:48
Good luck with filling in the gaps on your family tree Angela and welcome to the org.:D

johno
05-Dec-06, 15:18
Hi
I've not been back to Wick in twenty-odd years, but now I've found the site I can see a bit of what's going on and hopefully fill in some gaps in my family tree as well.
Cheers, Angela hi angela greetings & welcome. coming from an exile
what,s the changes you can see since you left. i was away from wick for about 20 yrs myself. [ came back 20yrs ago . nothing had changed] but you will have seen a difference
:D

unicorn
05-Dec-06, 15:20
welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Angela
05-Dec-06, 15:55
Thanks! I'll tell my kids about the buttons...

Angela
05-Dec-06, 16:03
Well the Dominoes has burnt down , We have a new Tesco, Homebase& few new shops at South road, Weve got no boats left , no Glass factory, no Grampian Records........................

apart from that how ye doin?;)
Hi
yes I've looked at Wick Tesco online -strange the resemblance it has to every Tesco I've been to!

Angela
05-Dec-06, 16:06
And...I did know about Caithness Glass - the paperweights used to come in very handy as wedding presents...

Buttercup
05-Dec-06, 16:06
Hi Angela, Welcome to Orgland, have fun posting!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_125.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYAXGB)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYAXGB (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb113_ZSYYYYYYAXGB&utm_id=7921)

krieve
05-Dec-06, 16:11
Hi Angela, have fun :D .

plumber
05-Dec-06, 17:29
Hello Angela, hope you enjoy the site as much as I do :D

Piglet
05-Dec-06, 17:38
Hi Angela

Welcome & Happy posting :)

Angela
05-Dec-06, 17:52
Hello Piglet
Are you a Winnie the Pooh Piglet or a Pig Piglet?
I have an old cloth Eeyore that I'm very fond of here!:)

Piglet
05-Dec-06, 17:53
Definetly a Winnie Pooh Piglet :Razz

Angela
05-Dec-06, 17:56
Definetly a Winnie Pooh Piglet :Razz
Far and away the best kind!

Murchiemannie
05-Dec-06, 18:22
welcome Angela from one exile to another.
Happy posting and good luck with your research of the family tree.

dirdyweeker
05-Dec-06, 20:45
Hi
yes I've looked at Wick Tesco online -strange the resemblance it has to every Tesco I've been to!

welcome to the Org. Hope you post lots. I thought 'our' Tesco was the only branch with wee windmills and solar panels on the roof? We even hit STV news at 6 because of them.

DarkAngel
05-Dec-06, 21:43
Welcome to the site Angela. Hope u enjoy it. Im quite new myself and im addicted on every nite now! ha!:lol:

Elenna
05-Dec-06, 22:09
Hello Angela, and welcome to the Org. I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Angela
06-Dec-06, 11:40
welcome to the Org. Hope you post lots. I thought 'our' Tesco was the only branch with wee windmills and solar panels on the roof? We even hit STV news at 6 because of them.
You're probably right - I didn't notice the windmills!

Angela
06-Dec-06, 11:43
welcome Angela from one exile to another.
Happy posting and good luck with your research of the family tree.
Thank you! I've had some good tree-reseaching suggestions already - some websites I didn't know about which could help me to track down four great-uncles who disappeared off to Canada in the 19th century...

paris
06-Dec-06, 18:50
Happy posting Angela. jan x

lin
06-Dec-06, 19:03
Welcome Angela, happy posting. Enjoy the "org" I do!:D