PDA

View Full Version : Emergency vet number?

mirandarainbow
19-Aug-12, 15:42
I have recently 'adopted' (still looking for owner!) a pregnant cat. She's quite fat, and is already producing milk from her teats, so we believe she may come into labour soon.

Does any have a number I can phone if we need emergency veterinary assistance/advice during the birth in case there are any complications?

Thanks a lot in advance, help would be much appreciated x

Dadie
19-Aug-12, 16:05
just phone the vets no.
Its a sticky on pets corner under useful numbers.
Probably wont need it as she is more likely to give birth overnight somewhere warm and dark.....in peace!

mirandarainbow
19-Aug-12, 17:23
Thanks, I have the vets number, but if she births in the night (and I happen to be there) and there's complications, who do I phone? :S

Dadie
19-Aug-12, 18:16
just phone the vets.
The number is the same for emergencies.
The oncall vet will get the call.

mirandarainbow
19-Aug-12, 18:31
Brilliant. Thank-you :D Hopefully it'll go smoothly anyway!

goldenguernsey
19-Aug-12, 22:49
Bless you for looking after her

Liz
19-Aug-12, 22:55
Good luck and, hopefully, you shouldn't need a vet as most cats give birth without any complications. :)

mirandarainbow
20-Aug-12, 00:16
Thanks loads! Fingers crossed for a safe delivery for them when the time comes :) She's that young, and we don't know anything about where she's come from/ how long she's been out, so she's probably a little more at risk for complications, but she'll hopefully do ok! Probably her first too, but I have faith in her ^_^ Our first to, and we're probably more nervous than her ;) Don't know how long it might be before she goes into labour, but I hope to be there at the time :) x