PDA

View Full Version : Cruel ending.

Corrie 3
18-Aug-12, 13:04
I was so sad to read that Winnie Johnson has died just a day after a glimmer of hope of knowing where her son Keith Bennett's body was dumped on Saddleworth Moor. I am old enough to remember the case first hand and this Lady has spent her life wanting no more than to find her son's body and to give him a decent buriel. Brady has toyed with her and anyone who thinks he should be free wants to think again. The Man is cruel through and through....
RIP Winnie now you are re-united with Keith.!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-19305055

Corrie.....:~(:~(

joxville
18-Aug-12, 13:29
RIP to a truly brave lady, life really dealt her a cruel set of cards, she's now reunited with Keith. And I'm fed up of my taxes paying to keep that shite Brady alive.

billmoseley
18-Aug-12, 14:30
makes you wonder if the last bit of stress brought about by the latest story was just the last straw. very sad.

cptdodger
18-Aug-12, 14:32
I always believed, Brady and Hindley should have hung for what they did, firmly believed it, until, I watched a recent documentary about Winnie. The only thing that kept that poor woman going for so long was the firm belief she had, that Brady would tell her where they had buried Keith. In fact, had they been hung, Winnie would never have known why her son disappeared, as if memory serves me correctly, Brady did not admit killing Keith and Pauline Reade until the 80's. However, I still firmly believe in capital punishment, and because I would prefer not to be banned, I cannot express on here, how I feel about Brady and Hindley. I am absolutely heartbroken Winnie never got to give Keith a Christian burial, her dearest wish, I sincerely hope she can rest in peace, one very special lady.

Gizmo
18-Aug-12, 19:54
makes you wonder if the last bit of stress brought about by the latest story was just the last straw. very sad.

As far as I know, from what was said in a news report, she wasn't told about it as she was too ill, so it looks more like a tragic coincidence.

Gizmo
18-Aug-12, 20:03
However, I still firmly believe in capital punishment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_execution

squidge
18-Aug-12, 20:29
You know what - i dont really believe that there is heaven or an afterlife. But tonight I really really hope there is both just so that Winnie Johnson can hold her boy and tell him she never gave up looking for him and loving him. And i hope that Ian Brady lives til he is 110 and is force fed every day and then spends his eternity wherever his own personal hell is.

Moira
18-Aug-12, 20:32
RIP Winnie & Keith....

It's my belief that Brady never had any intention of revealing the whereabouts of Keith's body. This sad, depraved individual will play out the mind & control game till the end of his days. [disgust]

cptdodger
18-Aug-12, 21:38
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_execution

So, from that, I take it you do not believe either Brady or Hindley were guilty? Or you do not think capital punishment is right? Either way make your point clearer. I am entitled to my opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

Gizmo
18-Aug-12, 21:39
And i hope that Ian Brady lives til he is 110 and is force fed every day and then spends his eternity wherever his own personal hell is.

Hmmm, I've never looked at it that way before. For those who don't know, Brady is on hunger strike and wants to die, but is being force-fed and kept alive by the state. I've always been of the opinion that if he wants to starve himself to death, let him crack at it. I don't believe in the death penalty, but I've always believed that Ian Brady is someone who doesn't deserve to live. If he is bed-ridden and suffering every single minute of his worthless life, I think I quite like the idea of him living for many years to come, even if it is a burden on the tax payer. I've just never thought of it from that angle before. Food for thought, Squidge.

Gizmo
18-Aug-12, 21:44
So, from that, I take it you do not believe either Brady or Hindley were guilty? Or you do not think capital punishment is right? Either way make your point clearer. I am entitled to my opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

My point was perfectly clear. One wrongful execution is one too many. Would you still be in favour of the death penalty if a member of your own family was executed for a crime they had been convicted of, and then fresh evidence proved beyond doubt that they were innocent?

Corrie 3
18-Aug-12, 21:55
My point was perfectly clear. One wrongful execution is one too many.
C'mon Folks,
I didn't start this thread to get into debate about capital punishment........If my Son was killed I would want to know where his body lay and I would want to bring him home for a decent burial.
Lets just give a minutes thought for Winnie Johnson who has been through hell and back!!!!!

C3..................:(:(

cptdodger
18-Aug-12, 22:02
My point was perfectly clear. One wrongful execution is one too many. Would you still be in favour of the death penalty if a member of your own family was executed for a crime they had been convicted of, and then fresh evidence proved beyond doubt that they were innocent?

No, you just copied and pasted a link from the very reliable Wikipedia, that anybody can change if they have the mind to. It would take some doing for a member of my family to find themselves in a position where they were charged with a crime that would have resulted in the death penalty, however the answer to your question is yes. I stand by my statement. You walk into any prison today, and all the prisoners will tell you how innocent they are.

Gizmo
18-Aug-12, 22:14
No, you just copied and pasted a link from the very reliable Wikipedia, that anybody can change if they have the mind to. It would take some doing for a member of my family to find themselves in a position where they were charged with a crime that would have resulted in the death penalty, however the answer to your question is yes. I stand by my statement. You walk into any prison today, and all the prisoners will tell you how innocent they are.

You're missing the point entirely. I generally find that those who are pro death penalty haven't really thought it through very well, you prove that completely.

wicker
18-Aug-12, 22:48
Firstly RIP winnie and hope you and your son are reunited at last.

Secondly i am with gizmo on this one, i also do not believe in the death penalty, yeah prisons are full of "innocent" people but genuinly some of them are innocent and have gone on to prove this. Prisons are too soft for what some of these animals have done but a life for a life doesnt make it right.

rogermellie
19-Aug-12, 00:48
Steven Johnston and Billy Allison would be grateful for a stay of execution

RIP Winnie & Keith

rot in hell Ian Brady