PDA

View Full Version : Impromptu quiz - May 16

monkey
17-May-02, 00:18
Fun... and frustrating... time for all, as AC & MrT threw out lyrics and other musical trivia questions.

Sorry folks, for those of you who didn't stay to the bitter end ... the "glibby glob glooby" song was sung by Oliver, not The Archies. (That was Sugar, Sugar). mea culpa.

Has anyone out there actually played Dark Side of the Moon against the Wizard of Oz movie? http://www.heffray.com/Music/PinkFloyd/TheWizardOfPink/

Betty, I refuse to believe you're too old for the ELO and Dire Straits questions.

Highlander... it was just a ton of fun (oh oh I know). Thanks!

Helen, it doesn't matter how many points anyone else got, even when they tried to cheat... you win. We were all breathless by the time you finally sat down again. Happy Anniversary, and have a great weekend.

So... the results are in.
AC - a very questionable 40 points. Giving the correct answer might count after the bell has rung, but not when it's verbatim - typos and all!!!
Betty - at least 20, and several assists
Highlander - I couldn't keep track of all your answers, but I know you know them, so that's got to count for something.
Sassy - I'm sure you were there, and I'm sure you scored a few.
Oh, there were others too, but my mind is past its sell-by date, so I'm missing some names. If I forgot you, then shout louder next time.

Worralaff. Let's do it again. Maybe we should make every Thursday night a quiz night? What a concept!

Oh, and sorry to the poor folks who stumbled into the chat room half way through and couldn't make heads or tails of what we were talking about. The conversation swung wildly from primroses to paddling to omelettes to Dire Straits. How could anyone keep up with that?

acameron
17-May-02, 09:47
Yes Monkey - It was fun - the subject had to be changed and quickly.
The topic of conversation over the last two nights has been about washing - no offence to the people who was talking about there washing [lol]
Im sure your whites are whiter than white :evil

htwood
17-May-02, 15:56
Fun quiz. Thanks to AC and MrT for being the techie answer checkers, but it was really highlander and betty who put their hearts into it.
Enjoyed belting out the SPB, but was shushed before the grand finale, so here it is.....

O, SAY DOES THAT STAR SPANGLED BANNER YET WAAAAAAAVE... (take deep breath)

O'ER THE LAND OF THE FREEEEEEEEEEEEE (hold that high note!).....AND THE HOME OF THE BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAVE.

and angy insists the last words are PLAY BALL! and he's prob right. -H

squidge
17-May-02, 18:36
Oh no stamp stamp stamp I missed it stamp stamp stamp

Cross cross cross

Sulk sulk sulk

Sniff Sniff sniff - can you do it all over again next time i'm there please

ŠAmethyst
18-May-02, 17:52
Awww, there there squidgie... I wasn't there...

yet I still managed to win :p muahaha... 'cause I'm amethyst and amethysts are great ;)

(hmm... wonder who I'm tryin' to kid)

highlander
18-May-02, 18:49
Thanks for the music quiz, it was a brill laugh,and remembering all the old songs are the best, lol and helen getting in good swing with her song, this quiz has to be a must,but to be honest i would be lost with all the new bands, in fact sometimes when i look at the title i wonder if its the name of the song, or is it the name of the group i am reading. [lol]