PDA

View Full Version : Young cat found - Thurso East

mirandarainbow
17-Aug-12, 16:09
Came across a lost, very hungry cat this afternoon up near the sewage plant at Thurso East. We asked around the houses near by but no one seemed to recognise the poor wee thing! We've taken her home, and are now in search of her owner.

She looks black at a first glance, but has a lot of brown/ginger mixed in too. Has a couple of white hairs on her chest, but doesn't seem to have any other white on her. She's a very friendly cat, so we believe she must be well loved, and someone must be looking for her! She is continuously purring, and has a fair voice box on her! She's just a young cat, definitely not over a year, but not a kitten. Maybe around 6 months? I say she, but I'm not 100% sure, so also could be a male.

If she's yours, or think you know where she's come from, please pm me as soon as you can, so she can be reunited with her owner! Thank-you :)

(Will try to upload a picture as soon as I can, if I can work out how!)

mirandarainbow
17-Aug-12, 16:16
She's most gingery around her chest, legs and tail.

mirandarainbow
17-Aug-12, 16:23

hope this has worked! She's a stunning little thing :)

andrew.bowles30
17-Aug-12, 16:35
poor cat hope you fine her owner soon

mirandarainbow
17-Aug-12, 16:43
Thanks Lauren - hope so too! (faye) :)

mirandarainbow
17-Aug-12, 18:54
Nobody yet knows of this cat! She's in good fettle, and is happily curled up at my feet. She doesn't seem to keen on the cats or dogs, which suggests se hasn't lived with them.

Surely somebody knows where she's come from? :)

mirandarainbow
17-Aug-12, 20:20
Bumping back up to the top!

mirandarainbow
17-Aug-12, 20:22
Bumping back to the top!

Liz
17-Aug-12, 23:21
Bless you for taking this wee mite in.

Hope the owner comes forward soon.

Are you on facebook? If so they have a Caithness Lost Pets section. If you're not I can put the photo on for you.

mirandarainbow
17-Aug-12, 23:31
Thank-you! We hope so too! She's a lovely little critter to have around :D She is 100% a girl now, and we have a suspicion that she may be pregnant (pretty sure she is!). Kinda complicates things a little but if nobody comes forward, it may be the reason why.

Such a shame! She's really lovely, but we don't regret taking her in, pregnant or not! Would rather she was in the warmth with plenty of food than being out in the cold.

Thanks for the page, I'll look it up and add her :) xx

Liz
17-Aug-12, 23:42
Oh dear!:( It may very well be why she hasn't been 'claimed'. My darling Molly was pregnant when she came to us and Cats Protection took her until she had her kittens and they were weaned.
I'm sure they will help you.

Here is the fb page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/417704418243219/

I (https://www.facebook.com/groups/417704418243219/)t's people like you that restore my faith in humans! :)

Liz
17-Aug-12, 23:44
Did you try Cats Protection and the SSPCA to see whether she has been reported missing?

Also, the vets surgeries would be worth contacting.

mirandarainbow
18-Aug-12, 00:24
We haven't contacted them yet, was planning on it if we hadn't heard anything by tomorrow. Thought we'd put up a poster in the vets and at the shop my sister works at, for more people to see!

Such a pity for the poor girly! Mum is yet to find out she is pregnant, as she's on a night shift tonight, so that will be an interesting surprise for her when she's home :P I'd love to look after the kittens and find them homes myself, but what she says goes, so will have to wait and see!

She's a fair size, and we've discovered she has milk from her teats already, which may suggest she will pop any day soon!

This little cat has clearly had a good start to her life, and is incrediably affectionate, so we were pretty confident someone would be looking for her, but sadly as it is, so far, no news :( Still... I'm glad she's fallen into our hands :D

Thanks for your help and advice Liz! Will continue updates on the little cat :) x

Liz
18-Aug-12, 12:57
So what was Mum's reaction? :)

Our Molly was exactly the same in that she was really well looked after and so loving (still is! :) ) but despite all our attempts to find her owner she was never claimed.

Their loss is our gain!

mirandarainbow
18-Aug-12, 13:05
We've all become very fond of little cat already! Mum says we should put her to cats protection, or balmore until the kittens are weaned, then we'll take the mummy back :)

In the first instance though, we were thinking to speak to CP or Balmore, to see if they'd consider us keeping her and her kittens here on a fostering basis. We can't really afford them if anything goes wrong - she's only young, and would hate to lose any little ones due to lack of funds. Would love to have them here though if possible, so will email them and keep my fingers crossed! :D x

mirandarainbow
18-Aug-12, 13:06
If anybody knows of this little cat's home though, please, do get in touch! She's a beloved little thing, and don't know how anyone could not be looking :(

Liz
18-Aug-12, 13:16
You should give CP a call. I'm sure they'd be very happy to help you keep Mum and her babies until they are old enough to be rehomed. :)

It does make you wonder how anyone could not miss such a loving cat. Sadly, having been a volunteer with CP for a long time, I know that this happens all too often.:(

People will say that they can't be strays as they are so well looked after but then all strays have had homes at one time or they would be feral.

mirandarainbow
18-Aug-12, 16:24
I've just emailed CP, so will hopefully hear back shortly! If not, I'll give them a ring in the morning :) Will keep you updated!

I'm gutted for the little girl! She knows how to use the litter tray, and is honestly so affectionate ( even more so than my other cats!) and I can not understand how anyone could turn her out into the cold :( I couldn't begin to imagine how scary it would be for a young, about-to-burst wee cat.

I have no doubt she's come from a home where she's been loved, but we've had her for about 24 hours, and I've not seen anyone looking for her, and have heard nothing :/ I guess pregnancy complicates things, but not enough to not be searching, or to lose any love for a beloved feline friend.

Still... she's landed nicely on her feet in this home :D

mirandarainbow
19-Aug-12, 17:24
Bumping up! If the owners leave it much longer, they're gonna have a few more than her to pick up :D She's been very well cared for currently though :)x

mirandarainbow
21-Aug-12, 00:23
Thought I'd just bump this up at least once more :D