PDA

View Full Version : whoever was in the 4x4 on thursday.

Dadie
13-Aug-12, 23:30
You were very lucky to only knock down and kill a dog at the pedestriation crossing...but there were witnessesses.
It was a near miss on a 7 yr old boy.
Think look and look again before going across pedestrian crossings, they are supposed to be safe for pedestrians.

mumof2
14-Aug-12, 13:56
hope whoever it was gets caught and charged, poor bairn having to witness his pet being killed and then the heartless so and so didn't even stop! maddening!

shamrock2007
14-Aug-12, 19:48
So heartbreaking. I often nip up to the coop from the shop & have lost count the amount of times i've nearly been ran over on that crossing! Its terrible. Hope the person is caught soon

squidge
15-Aug-12, 13:31
If near misses are a common occurance on this crossing - is there a problem with the crossing itself?

mumof2
15-Aug-12, 16:09
no i think the crossing is perfectly good if people would blooming stop when there are pedestrians waiting to cross,it's not difficult yet seems beyond some drivers grrrr. Again i hope whoever was responsible is caught or owns up, they made a serious mistake and should be feeling very guilty about their actions.

raymac
15-Aug-12, 16:22
Zebra crossings. Give traffic plenty of time to see you and to stop before you start to cross. Vehicles will need more time when the road is slippery. Wait until traffic has stopped from both directions or the road is clear before crossing. Remember that traffic does not have to stop until someone has moved onto the crossing. Keep looking both ways, and listening, in case a driver or rider has not seen you and attempts to overtake a vehicle that has stopped.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_070108

Venture
16-Aug-12, 13:46
The one round the corner just before the Old Medical Centre is even worse. Cars come flying round the corner not thinking someone could be crossing and have very little distance to brake safely. The crossings were put there mainly for the benefit of the school children but they prefer not to use them and cross at the opticians. I did recently witness some high school children using the crossing near the Co-op pity they decided half way across to start dancing and holding up the traffic. What's need is a CCTV camera.