PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

Tugmistress
10-Aug-12, 17:47
dear mods, i am posting this in here and the pets corner section for a wider audience, hope it's ok.

Time for me to do a bit of begging and being cheeky
As most of you know we have a new addition to the family, in the form of Dougal the lovely spaniel cross, we have adopted him from KWK9, this is a small charity that deals with Caithness, Sutherland and Orkney dogs in need of new homes.
It turns out Dougal is a rather poorly little boy, after a trip to the vets today we have discovered he has aspirated pneumonia and a problem with his oesophagus, he has to be fed from a spoon and can only eat mushed up meat, otherwise he repeatedly vomits his food up. He has been given a 4 week course of antibiotics, if he survives the next 4 weeks there will be further investigation into the problem with his oesophagus, this will take place down in Conon Bridge..:~(
This is where the begging starts,KWK9 are paying the vet bills for this little boy, so far 4 weeks of antibiotics and 3 xrays are on the bill, it is highly likely the bill will increase an awful lot, this charity do amazing work for a lot of dogs yet do not receive much publication or donations, yet even just £1 donation can help. If you would like to donate please click the link below, this will take you to KWK9 page there is a donate button on the page and you can donate with paypal, no matter how big or small all donations help, they will not just help Dougal get treated, but will help all the other dogs needing homes
http://www.kwk9.org/
Thanks for reading and I hope you can find it in your heart to donate :eek:

Tugmistress
11-Aug-12, 07:00
Just a thought, if everyone that views this thread could donate £1 the £2000 his treatment is going to cost if he survives the next four weeks will be nearly collected? what do you think guys?

Nibbler
11-Aug-12, 08:46
Its not much but a £5 donation is on its way to KWK9. They are a great charity and it is so sad that Dougal has such health problems so early on in life. Best of luck with Dougal Tugmistress. Lets hope he makes it through and with you looking after him, he stands a good chance :).

Hopefully some more kind souls will donate as well.

Gronnuck
11-Aug-12, 08:54
Job done. My best wishes to Dougal and to Tugs

Yon Chiel
11-Aug-12, 09:10
I wish I could get a whip-round everytime I had an unexpected bill to pay for.

young_fishin_neep
11-Aug-12, 09:11
Thankyou for your donations!

£3.08 worms 3 dogs weighing 10kilo and under, so your £5 is more help than you think Nibbler!

here is a picture of the beautiful Dougal for you all to see just how lovely he is!

young_fishin_neep
11-Aug-12, 09:14

This isn't just a whip round due to an unexpected bill, this is also raising funds for an amazing charity that do a lot of work yet get very little publicity and donations.. i was brought up with manners, i was always told if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all, maybe you should learn some manners too!

Big Gaz
11-Aug-12, 09:25

give me your address and i'll be glad to come round and whip you [lol]

Yon Chiel
11-Aug-12, 09:27
give me your address and i'll be glad to come round and whip you [lol]

That would certainly be a more satisfying use of two grand. You'll find me in the phone book under 'Mosely, Max'.

Liz
11-Aug-12, 12:45
Glad to help both Dougal and KWK9. Both very worthy causes.

Get well hugs for Dougal! xx

changilass
11-Aug-12, 12:53
This is where the begging starts,KWK9 are paying the vet bills for this little boy, so far 4 weeks of antibiotics and 3 xrays are on the bill, it is highly likely the bill will increase an awful lot, this charity do amazing work for a lot of dogs yet do not receive much publication or donations, yet even just £1 donation can help. If you would like to donate please click the link below, this will take you to KWK9 page there is a donate button on the page and you can donate with paypal, no matter how big or small all donations help, they will not just help Dougal get treated, but will help all the other dogs needing homes
http://www.kwk9.org/
Thanks for reading and I hope you can find it in your heart to donate :eek:

If you read it properly, this isnt a whip round. Its a heartfelt plea for donations to a charitable organisation. They would be paying the vet regardless.

young_fishin_neep
11-Aug-12, 18:39
For those intrested in keeping up with dougals story you can follow in on facebook

www.facebook.com/dougalneedsyou

:)

Yon Chiel
11-Aug-12, 20:52
If you read it properly, this isnt a whip round.

I believe I did read it properly, yet I've read it again, and I come to the same précis ......

- the OP has got themselves a new pet;
- the pet was taken to the vet and it needs £2,000 worth of investigation just for starters;
- there was a plea from the OP to ask people to contribute to the cost of that vet bill.

If the animal is so sick that it needs to be spoon fed and needs a minimum of £2,000 of investigative work, then I think there is a more appropriate alternative, for the animals own quality of life if nothing else.

Corrie 3
11-Aug-12, 21:32
I believe I did read it properly, yet I've read it again, and I come to the same précis ......

- the pet was taken to the vet and it needs £2,000 worth of investigation just for starters;
- there was a plea from the OP to ask people to contribute to the cost of that vet bill.

If the animal is so sick that it needs to be spoon fed and needs a minimum of £2,000 of investigative work, then I think there is a more appropriate alternative, for the animals own quality of life if nothing else.
Just chuck a fiver in Chiel and feel proud of yourself!!!!

C3..................:roll:;)

Tugmistress
11-Aug-12, 22:21
Tell you what, come up and meet him! then tell me to my face he hasn't a quality of life trying to stay alive for! IF he survives the next four weeks he can actually stand a good chance of having a normal healthy life!

You don't know where i am? fine, ask anyone in scrabster where i am, come up to viking motors in ormlie industrial estate

young_fishin_neep
11-Aug-12, 22:41

I believe Yon Chiel you may need to take a visit to Specsavers, just for your benifit i have taken the time to show you this, i have even made the important bit that you seem to be missing in nice and big and bold just so you don't miss it again!

[snip] If you would like to donate please click the link below, this will take you to KWK9 page there is a donate button on the page and you can donate with paypal, no matter how big or small all donations help, they will not just help Dougal get treated, but will help all the other dogs needing homes
[snip]

So no this isn't just a plea to help with vet bills. this is a plea to help the charity with all their work...

As for Dougals quality of life, he is a very happy puppy, he enjoys his feeding time, the only time you can tell this puppy is poorly is when he is sick, wich today has only been around 10 times, wich is a massive improvement since yesterday! Dougal is a lucky puppy to have a very caring family that are not just giving up on him at the first sign of problems!

Yon Chiel
11-Aug-12, 23:20
No need to shout, I read it the first time that the money was to "help Dougal get treated", i.e. pay the Vet's bill.

the only time you can tell this puppy is poorly is when he is sick, wich today has only been around 10 times

You're right, at that frequency you'd never notice he was poorly would you ?

young_fishin_neep
11-Aug-12, 23:31
You are reading what u want to read, the money IS NOT just helping the CHARITY pay for the vet bills, its helping buy food, beds, collars amongst other things, for other unfortunate dogs waiting to be rehomed! And no, at that frequency you can not tell he is poorly, 10 times in the space of 24 hours is is less than 1 vomit every two hours, he is a very happy dog with a constant waggy tail that is showing signs of improvement already, why should we loose faith in him before he has even had a chance to get better??

Gronnuck
11-Aug-12, 23:41
Please people don't feed the Troll. Yon Chiel never has anything positive to say about anything. He/she enjoys a twisted pleasure using the anonymity of the internet to send out negative jibes on all manner of things. Just ignore it.

young_fishin_neep
11-Aug-12, 23:54
I know Gronnuck, i no longer feel the need to justify what the family is doing, the majority of people believe Dougal to be a lovely puppy and lucky to have the home he has, i certainly feel sorry for any pet that crosses yon chiels path, the minute they cough, be sick or even sneeze they will clearly have their life ended rather than an effort to be made to help it... I hope one day yon chiel needs the help of a charity, maybe then they will learn to appriciate how hard they work and how amazing these people are!

QUADBIKER
12-Aug-12, 02:38
I know Gronnuck, i no longer feel the need to justify what the family is doing, the majority of people believe Dougal to be a lovely puppy and lucky to have the home he has, i certainly feel sorry for any pet that crosses yon chiels path, the minute they cough, be sick or even sneeze they will clearly have their life ended rather than an effort to be made to help it... I hope one day yon chiel needs the help of a charity, maybe then they will learn to appriciate how hard they work and how amazing these people are!
tell your mother and father the next time they are down for an mot to give me a shout and i will give them a donation. they know where my garage is. as for that other article just ignore it as i said on a previous thread posts from him dont matter we can stand above the likes of him and it is great to see the kindness you are showing to a dog in need.

young_fishin_neep
12-Aug-12, 07:55
Hi there, i have passed on the message thankyou very much :-) x

Tugmistress
12-Aug-12, 08:45
Thank you to all those that have a heart, it is really appreciated :)
and thank you Quadbiker, i am sure one of us will be in wick soon ;) i think we have to book one beginning of the week :)

Liz
14-Aug-12, 14:29
tell your mother and father the next time they are down for an mot to give me a shout and i will give them a donation. they know where my garage is. as for that other article just ignore it as i said on a previous thread posts from him dont matter we can stand above the likes of him and it is great to see the kindness you are showing to a dog in need.

Hear hear!

Convince a fool against his will, he's of the same opinion still. :)

Tugmistress
14-Aug-12, 17:23
Hey Quadbiker,
I will be through on thursday morning :) i will ask the owner of the car if he minds dougal coming for a ride in it so you can meet him if you like :)

Theerah0166
14-Aug-12, 17:29
Wish someone would pay my vet bills for me. Sorry, but this sounds like a con. Those wishing to donate to KWK9 will do so without them having to milk the situation. I would be interested to know how - having been with knowledgeable and experienced people - this poor pup is suddenly at death's door having moved to a new home. Makes you wonder about the new home! Sounds very like Munchausen's by proxy.

Gronnuck
14-Aug-12, 18:03
Wish someone would pay my vet bills for me. Sorry, but this sounds like a con. Those wishing to donate to KWK9 will do so without them having to milk the situation. I would be interested to know how - having been with knowledgeable and experienced people - this poor pup is suddenly at death's door having moved to a new home. Makes you wonder about the new home! Sounds very like Munchausen's by proxy.

Another troll having a snide dig.
KWK9 and Tugmistress have been around for a long time. Both are 'well keant faces.' If they say the pup is in need of medical help and are prepared to make the effort to help Dougal it's good enough for us who know them. No one is forcing you to contribute or become involved.
Did your mother never tell you, "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Theerah0166
14-Aug-12, 18:26
Did KWK9 at ANY point ask for money towards this pup's vet bill? NO they did not because it did not exist before going to this home. This is a strictly private person milking a situation that didn't exist until the poor pup went to them, NOT when it was in the custody of KW. KWK9 do a wonderful job and long may they continue to do so. They have my support and have had since before it started up, so your comment is superfluous.

Iffy
14-Aug-12, 20:52
Did KWK9 at ANY point ask for money towards this pup's vet bill? NO they did not because it did not exist before going to this home. This is a strictly private person milking a situation that didn't exist until the poor pup went to them, NOT when it was in the custody of KW. ..

I do not often post on these forums, but, I have to make an exception to this.

I'm guessing "Theerah0166" that you are making a thinly veiled attempt at saying that the dog in question has been badly treated/not looked after, by the OP since it has been re-homed ?
Should this be so, I personally, would take a very dim view of your accusations and would consider taking further action against such ........ Oh !! Sorry I forget, this is a public forum, where people such as yourselves can hide behind an anonymous name, therefore you feel entitled to your utterly disgusting comments, knowing there will be no repercussions !!!

If I were you, I would hide my head in shame !!!! [evil]

Tugmistress....Wishing wee Dougal all the very best for a speedy recovery ! x

changilass
14-Aug-12, 21:16
Did KWK9 at ANY point ask for money towards this pup's vet bill? NO they did not because it did not exist before going to this home. This is a strictly private person milking a situation that didn't exist until the poor pup went to them, NOT when it was in the custody of KW. KWK9 do a wonderful job and long may they continue to do so. They have my support and have had since before it started up, so your comment is superfluous.

If you truly believe this to be the case, then I suggest you contact the SSPCA, giving them the facts to back it up.

If not, then you should be aware that ip addresses are logged on all websites and in certain circumstances the police can access this information to find your true identity.

Gronnuck
14-Aug-12, 21:17

No KWK9 did not ask for donations. They recognised the pup had a problem and decided they would help. The new owner asked the wider community to support KWK9 in this endeavor. The new owner stands to gain nothing out of this other than the betterment of the health of a young dog. Anyone with any compassion would want what is best for the dog.....except the occasional malicious troll.
If you knew anything about young dogs you would know that it is perfectly conceivable that a problem can arise as the animal is being weened and the body grows, or not.
You can think what you like but KWK9 and Tugmistress are both well respected in this community and there are many who believe they deserve our support.

mop top
14-Aug-12, 21:37
Have just logged on and read this thread, like you Iffy I try not to post too often and often sit on my hands and think twice before I do. KWK9 do not have to justify themselves as any who have dealt with us, I hope would say that we only have our dogs interests at heart and do our absolute best for everyone that passes through our care.

In Dougals case he came to us as an unwanted dog who needed to be removed from his current home rather speedily due to a family allergy. He spent a night in foster home and went on the web page the very next day. anyone who follows KWK9 via our facebook page will know that we were absolutely inundated with the response to his page. Dougal was already booked in to be seen with the vet on the wed afternoon to have his first vaccination with kwk9. However when Tug his new owner came to meet him with Trooker his new brother it was love all round and a perfect home for him. Life is confusing enough for a puppy at that age and we both decided that it would make more sense for him to be seen and registered with what will be his permanent vet in Thurso rather than get too attached to his foster mum and dad and then be uprooted 2 weeks on once his vaccinations were complete. Every dog that passes through kwk9 is unique and their circumstances are treated as such. KWK9 would never have knowingly rehomed a sick puppy and as soon as his illness was reported to us on Thursday night we immediately offered to pay his vet treatment, his prognosis as Tug reported was bad but he was a KWK9 dog, I will admit being only a small charity we could have done without it but we were and are duty bound to do our absolute best for him and accepted responsibility for any vets bills that arose. There is no way we would have expected his new owner to have taken responsibility so soon after the adoption. This is why Tug wanted to help KWK9 and started his appeal to promote his plight and also to raise the profile of KWK9 to try and raise some much needed funds to help us with the payment of what was advised could be a very hefty vets bill. All monies that have come in since Dougals appeal was launched on Friday have come directly by donations into the KWK9 paypal account and every penny will be spent on Dougal or other dogs in our care that require treatment. We never publicise indiviual dogs or their treatment costs but we have recently had a dog in our care who probably cost us almost £1,000. Thats why we fundraise though so that we can give them all the helping hand they need and the reward is to see them happy and loved with their new families.

Tugmistress
14-Aug-12, 22:06
Thank you to those that have the knowledge and understanding and those that are supportive :)

standstill
15-Aug-12, 10:51
I am shocked to read such comments when someone is taking the time and care to rehome an animal.

When an animal requires medical attention, it is wonderful that such a charity can assist.

When I read the post, I understood immediately that Tugmistress came on here initially to ask for help for the KWK9 charity. She was not asking for handouts and if she was, so what. The bottom line here is that there is a sick puppy that will need medical attention. Some people are so narrow minded and nasty.

She explained the situation of Dougal and I thought that this was wonderful that KWK9 are helping. How many of you donate money to other charities and have no idea where the money goes. I am sure that you don't come on here and have a moan about it. Then again, I am sure that they do because they have nothing better to do.

If people are not willing or don't agree, why come on here and try to make the owner feel bad about doing something good. Honestly, it takes all kinds.

Tugmistress, you keep up the good work. Your heart is bigger than yourself.

Please keep us people that care and wish Dougal well on his progress.

luskentyre
15-Aug-12, 23:56
Did KWK9 at ANY point ask for money towards this pup's vet bill? NO they did not because it did not exist before going to this home.

That is one hell of an assumption, and quite obviously incorrect. KWK9 would not be footing the bill if they believed the condition was anything but inherent.

This is a strictly private person milking a situation that didn't exist until the poor pup went to them

How can they be "milking the situation" if the donations are going to KWK9 for the treatment of Dougal and other animals in need? It's not like the OP is benefitting financially.

To be honest I find your comments quite disgusting. I suggest you actually consider what you're saying before you let your bitter little fingers near a keyboard again.

Liz
17-Aug-12, 23:33

May I suggest you get your facts right before you post! Perhaps you should have contacted KWK9 before you made these slanderous comments and you would have found out the truth instead of making such hurtful comments to a well loved, and respected, orger who has given a loving home to an unwanted young dog out of the goodness of her heart.

As Luskentyre has rightly pointed out how can she be "milking the situation" when the donations are going direct to KWK9 who you claim to support?

secretsquirrel
20-Aug-12, 13:28
Having a look at his facebook page I see a picture dated 11/8/2012 where the dog has a chew which is not recommended for puppies!!!!!!!

standstill
20-Aug-12, 17:05
I am sure that puppies chewing slippers, shoes and corners of sofas is not appropriate either but it does not stop them. Like everything else, if it is there, they will chew it and also, I believe that on Dougal's page there are other dogs in the pictures and mention of him playing with other dogs. Maybe he picked up their toy chew. Were you looking at the Dougal's page to find fault or to really see how he was doing? Come of it, you come on here posting a comment like this trying to make out that the owner is irresponsible. Honestly......

Tugmistress
20-Aug-12, 21:13
Having a look at his facebook page I see a picture dated 11/8/2012 where the dog has a chew which is not recommended for puppies!!!!!!!

So sue me, i am sick to the back teeth of people picking fault and assuming i am maltreating or have caused this pup this illness. Get a life and back off what you have no knowledge or caring about, if you can't support KWK9 in their great work then don't bother reading his page.