PDA

View Full Version : car query no2

sweetpea
03-Dec-06, 03:24
Every time I press my brakes there is a great big shudder, especially going down berriedale, anyone know what's wrong?

halkirk1
03-Dec-06, 08:27
Hi there,

Sound like one of your brake pads needs replacing.

The shuddering is an indication that the pad is on it's way out.

Best to get it changed as soon as poss, especially at this time of year.

highlander2222
03-Dec-06, 13:19
Every time I press my brakes there is a great big shudder, especially going down berriedale, anyone know what's wrong?

Your discs are wrong

bremkins
03-Dec-06, 13:23
It could well be a warped or damaged brake disk that is causing the shudder. It would be worth getting the brakes checked to ensure that they are safe, especially at this time of the year.

saxovtr
03-Dec-06, 14:19
It could well be a warped or damaged brake disk that is causing the shudder. It would be worth getting the brakes checked to ensure that they are safe, especially at this time of the year.

thats what i was going to say,watch incase a brake shim hasnt come loose,or our pads hasnt come loose,its a scary thought but 1 time you could press the brakes and the pedal will go to the floor,id get it checked out asap

connieb19
03-Dec-06, 14:21
When this happeed to my car it was the mountings that needed replaced.

johno
03-Dec-06, 18:45
Every time I press my brakes there is a great big shudder, especially going down berriedale, anyone know what's wrong? it probably is a warped disc but at worst the track rod ends or bottom ball joints could also be worn. best get it all checked out.

millavilla
03-Dec-06, 19:55
Hi,this happened to us until one day we had no brakes the pedal went straight to the floor oh scary feeling for me.Then it happened to hubby and realised i wasnt exagerating so he changed the discs and pads and it never happened again.

lin
03-Dec-06, 21:25
Dont know nothing about cars sweetpea, but at this time of year better to be safe than sorry, get it checked as soon as poss.