PDA

View Full Version : charlatans

sweetpea
03-Dec-06, 02:41
Not sure if it's true but I heard they had such a good time in Inverness they want to some back. Also just to let you all know I saw The Datsuns at the ABC in Glasgow short ago, they were ace, fantastic. I'm off to Iron Maiden on the 15th, lgive you an update when I get back x sweetpea x:Razz

the charlatans
03-Dec-06, 17:52
The Charlatans are indeed the greatest. :D

Seen them a few times now and would recommend a listen. Didn't make it to their tour this year due to baby Charaltans arrival but have some happy memories of the SECC.

Be my spider woman, i'll be your spider man..........

theboysintheband
03-Dec-06, 20:02
Couple of mates were at that Ironworks gig and said it was a cracker.

Been 2 a few gigs this week myself. Monday night was Albert Hammond Jr, guitarist from The Strokes doin' his own stuff.Excellent. Worth tryin' to catch.

Van Morrison in the Usher Hall Edinburgh on friday night.As good as ever. and by god he gets thru the drams on stage!

And none other than Dr Karl Kennedy of neighbours himself (AKA Alan Fletcher...i think). Not quite as good but worth a look for comedy value!! Fair play for tryin tho. He arrived on stage to the sound of pipes, wearing a kilt and then bashing his way thru '500 Miles'. utter cheese.

cmack
04-Dec-06, 01:38
ace! someone else goin to see maiden and trivium in glasgow! did u get good tickets? i only managed to get seating tickets, sold out really fast!

roblovesplastic
04-Dec-06, 20:20
Not sure if it's true but I heard they had such a good time in Inverness they want to some back. Also just to let you all know I saw The Datsuns at the ABC in Glasgow short ago, they were ace, fantastic. I'm off to Iron Maiden on the 15th, lgive you an update when I get back x sweetpea x:Razz

I see Tim Burgess was dj'ing at some club in snekie

he's still kewl

theboss
05-Dec-06, 11:28
I see Tim Burgess was dj'ing at some club in snekie

he's still kewl

Had we managed to find a venue that was interested, we would have had Tim Burgess and Alan McGee DJ'ing in Caithness.

The Pepsi Challenge
05-Dec-06, 14:14
Had we managed to find a venue that was interested, we would have had Tim Burgess and Alan McGee DJ'ing in Caithness.

SURELY that would not have been difficult?? I despair, I really do.

theboss
05-Dec-06, 15:17
SURELY that would not have been difficult?? I despair, I really do.

Sarcasm, Pepsi?

The Pepsi Challenge
05-Dec-06, 15:43
No, really, I mean it. Anyone's house would have done. What was the real problem?

theboss
05-Dec-06, 16:03
Problem was they wanted a club type venue with a DJ booth/stage. Unfortunately there aren't many of those in Caithness.

The other problem was they wanted to do it on a week night, Wednesday the 18th of October was the date requested but unfortunately I couldn't help.

sweetpea
05-Dec-06, 21:36
ace! someone else goin to see maiden and trivium in glasgow! did u get good tickets? i only managed to get seating tickets, sold out really fast!
I'm standing! got them months ago. I'll be right up front..imagine what it's going to be like eh, can't wait. Do you like Tool?