PDA

View Full Version : peanut butter/ marshmallow

sweetpea
03-Dec-06, 02:22
I was wanting to make the stuff like you get in the lunchbox made from marshmallow and peanut butter, has any one got the recipe ?:roll:

Betty
05-Dec-06, 07:13
I'm not familiar with 'the lunchbox' but perhaps this is the recipe you are looking for.

1/4c - 50 ml butter or marg
1/2c - 125 ml peanut butter
1 c - 250 ml butterscotch chips
8 oz - 250 g marshmallows

Melt butter and peanut butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in chips until melted. Cool until you can hold your hand on the bottom of pot. Add marshmallows and stir until all are coated. Pack down in 9 x 9 inch pan that has been lined with wax paper (greaseproof). Refrigerate.

sweetpea
05-Dec-06, 22:18
What are butterscich chips? would it be ok to to use butterscotch sweets and crush them up? It's for a christmas party where you all have to bring something:( and I'm not the greatest cook in the world, unfortunately.

Betty
06-Dec-06, 07:30
Butterscotch chips are similar to chocolate chips, but with a different flavour. I assume you don't get them in the UK if you are not familiar with them. I doubt the crushed sweets would be a good substitute as the chips are of the consistency of chocolate.
You could always buy the lunchbox ones and I doubt the hostess would mind, as long as you brought something.
Enjoy the party!

porshiepoo
06-Dec-06, 12:21
Failing that, be a bit cheeky and ask for the recipe in the lunchbox. :)

Then post it on here for us all to enjoy. ;)

angela5
06-Dec-06, 12:34
1/4 cup unsalted butter
4 cups mini marshmallows
1/4 cup peanut butter
4-1/4 cups crispy rice cereal

Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Cook over low heat 3 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and mix thoroughly. Stir in cereal until well coated. Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into a buttered 9x13 inch baking pan. Cut into 2 inch squares when cool.

Serves about 18 people:D