PDA

View Full Version : relax, don't do it

sweetpea
03-Dec-06, 02:19
Am I tho only one who is in a bureuch? Can I put xmas on hold? I'm not ready for it yet.

melted_wellie
03-Dec-06, 02:21
Am I tho only one who is in a bureuch? Can I put xmas on hold? I'm not ready for it yet.
i;ll tell you if you empty your message box.

changilass
03-Dec-06, 02:25
We are putting xmas on hold too, hopefully having it end of feb or early march, much more fun:lol:

sweetpea
03-Dec-06, 02:26
I've done it.

connieb19
03-Dec-06, 02:28
I'm not in a bureuch bacause I havn't even thought about Christmas, I never do until about a week before.

Jeid
03-Dec-06, 03:14
I'm almost done all my xmas shopping!

Alice in Blunderland
03-Dec-06, 09:26
Ive still bought no cards or pressies yet. :lol:

plumber
03-Dec-06, 17:02
Shopping all done, cards written and stamped

the charlatans
03-Dec-06, 18:07
shopping mostly done, 2 presents to get. Paper bought to wrap them. Cards made but not written. Turned on the computer to print off the list but i made the mistake of coming in here for a wee lookie.

dang blast this caithness.org addiction.

but i'm glad i don't have any desperation about the festive period this year as we wrote a list, dilligently stuck to it and that was it done. Did overspend by about £3.59 - not bad for me, but i feel i've copped out and bought alot of gift tokens this year?

What does everyone else think of gift tokens? Cop out or good idea?

willowbankbear
03-Dec-06, 18:17
Tokens for where exactly? Next? River Island? Ibrox? Hugo`s tackle shop?the post office:eek:

footie chick
03-Dec-06, 18:19
What does everyone else think of gift tokens? Cop out or good idea?

I think they are a brilliant idea just think how much more you'll be able to get if you wait a couple of days.

the charlatans
03-Dec-06, 18:22
Tokens for where exactly? Next? River Island? Ibrox? Hugo`s tackle shop?the post office:eek:

for you Bear, its for the 99p shop - and be thankfull!!!! Little Sis here is skint.
actually, you're not one of the tokens, your one of the 2 presents we've not gotten yet. but thanks for the hints.

but cop out or not?????

willowbankbear
03-Dec-06, 18:24
Keep the cops out of your family business, Pretty obvious what I want a couple of cod traces will be superb;)

connieb19
03-Dec-06, 19:06
I'm getting most folk gift vouchers this year, makes more sense to me because at least they can buy whatever they want or need.

unicorn
03-Dec-06, 19:11
I was thinking of doing the gift vouchers too but undecided, I had to prioritise so I have only done a tiny bit of shopping so far, written no cards yet but at the complaining of my daughter I have the outdoor lights done and have no energy to even think about inside now :)

Alice in Blunderland
03-Dec-06, 19:50
Gift vouchers now that takes me back to my shopwork days. Every year this same lady walked inot the shop a week before christmas and bought loads of vouchers in various amounts from fifty pounds down to twenty, after paying for them and putting them in her bag she would just calmly say thats the christmas shopping over for another year. :) How organised and how simple ....although every year I bet the family knew what they were getting from her ...no surprises ...or socks. :cool:

lassieinfife
03-Dec-06, 19:54
Oldest 2 grandkids 15yrs and 11 yrs want money......... youngest 2 will get a pressie to open and money to make them up to same as other 2,can never think what to buy and when i do i usually get it wrong :eek: big yins will get wine and choccies............ i really do not like Christmas or rather the commercial side of Christmas

bobsgirl
03-Dec-06, 20:18
We dont tend to buy for the bigger ones.
Give the nieces and nephews money rather than a pressie they are gonna look at and say 'Is that it!'
I think Christmas has been pushed a little too early this year and people are in a bit of a panic over it!
Just relax, you will be ready when the time comes!

dirdyweeker
03-Dec-06, 23:39
Well I was a Farepak loser so will now need to go do more shopping. Double the costs this year for me............:(